gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by balky View Post
I thought there was something called freedom of speech...
There is, but that doesn't mean that people can literally say anything they want to say (yelling "Fire!" in a crowd for example). Igor's issue is with JRiver and while I agree with him to a point and am not entirely happy with how JRiver handled the issue on their end, what he's been doing here is taking it out on JRiver's customers which really isn't right. I just don't see the problem with taking the discussion to a separate thread so that this one can get back to its original purpose - this is done all the time on this and other forums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1552 Old 12-05-2014, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
There is, but that doesn't mean that people can literally say anything they want to say (yelling "Fire!" in a crowd for example). Igor's issue is with JRiver and while I agree with him to a point and am not entirely happy with how JRiver handled the issue on their end, what he's been doing here is taking it out on JRiver's customers which really isn't right. I just don't see the problem with taking the discussion to a separate thread so that this one can get back to its original purpose - this is done all the time on this and other forums.
Without any form of prejudice, and IMO, I don't think Igor is taking anything out on JRiver's customers... anyone who is interested in buying a license will do so regardless of Igor's opinion...

Keeping in mind that JRiver offers a month of free trial, I think this is enough time for any normal person to decide if they want the software or not,

The fight, apart from the attitude on JRiver's side seems to be more about the so called big names who have performed testing and are dismissing Igor's concern as a non-issue... while he (Igor) keeps hammering on relentlessly on his point...

Once again, and IMO, I think both sides should simply move on...
post #1533 of 1552 Old 12-05-2014, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by balky View Post
I thought there was something called freedom of speech...
And that makes a request to stop being obnoxious or move the discussion elsewhere a violation of rights?
Hogwash.

Display: Panasonic P60UT50 (Plasma)
Speakers: (4) Monitor Audio Silver 9i (Front and Surround), (1) Monitor Audio Silver 12i (Center), (4) Monitor Audio Silver 4i (Rear and Wide), (2) Aperion Audio Bravus II 8d (Subwoofers)
Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-87 AVR (9.2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103, Roku 3, Cable...
post #1534 of 1552 Old 12-05-2014, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by LairdWilliams View Post
And that makes a request to stop being obnoxious or move the discussion elsewhere a violation of rights?
Hogwash.
I normally don't engage in discussions with types like you... and that is not changing...

good luck... over and out...
post #1535 of 1552 Old 12-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Ah...the voice of reason. GSR said what I wanted to say better than I could have said myself, so I will just add that if certain people continue to belabor an already exhausted point, then I will simply ban them from this thread (not from the forum). You made your point...now move on.
post #1536 of 1552 Old 12-05-2014, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence
CountryBumkin likes this.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center
jriver.com or Owners Thread at AVSForum
post #1537 of 1552 Old 12-06-2014, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jriver View Post
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence
And

"Fools" said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows.
Hear my words that I might teach you,
Take my arms that I might reach you."
But my words like silent raindrops fell, ..."
post #1538 of 1552 Old 12-06-2014, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdman View Post
After installing a MC18 update, I lost all my WMC8 recorded TV thumbnails. I recall this happening a long time ago when I tried out an earlier version of JMC.

Back then, I uninstalled WMC and re-installed it, but now with a Ceton tuner card instead of OTA, it would take quite some time to edit out all the channels I don't want with Fios Ultimate TV listings.

On the off chance it was a registry key screwed up by JMC, I found some interesting entries in \HKEY_CLASES_ROOT\.WTV
For every entry that must(?) have been there, there was a duplicate entry that began
"MediaCenter.18." then the original key name then ".bak" at the end.
Values had been deleted from the original keys, and added to the MC18 keys. This caused the thumbnails not to show.

The registery that was messed up is;

Default"="MediaCenter.WTVFile"
"PerceivedType"=""
"Content Type"=""
"MediaCenter.18.Default.BAK"="MediaCenter.WTVF ile"
"MediaCenter.18.PerceivedType.BAK"="video"
"MediaCenter.18.ContentType.BAK"=" "

The working registery is;

"Default"="MediaCenter.WTVFile" - this may have been a null value, not sure, but this works
"PerceivedType"="video"
"Content Type"="video/x-ms-wtv"

After deleting the messed up registery keys and returning the original(?) keys, thumbnails instantly showed up again in Windows Media Center.

jjriver - trying to burn and pillage the competition, so I have to use JMC? And, yes, I did purchase it, love the Blu-Ray playback and hd audio support.
Just purchased the MC 20 update, and yet again TV Thumbnails disappeared in Windows Media Center. I added back these two key values, restarted WMC and got thumbnails back;
"PerceivedType"="video"

Why does this break every time I install JMC? The new audio driver looks to be a very positive improvement to my playback, but, I hate to have to edit my registery to fix what JMC breaks.
AVTechMan likes this.
post #1539 of 1552 Old 12-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdman View Post
Just purchased the MC 20 update, and yet again TV Thumbnails disappeared in Windows Media Center. I added back these two key values, restarted WMC and got thumbnails back;
"PerceivedType"="video"

Why does this break every time I install JMC? The new audio driver looks to be a very positive improvement to my playback, but, I hate to have to edit my registery to fix what JMC breaks.
Thanks for this solution. I had also noticed that after installing MC 20 that the thumbnails in WMC were gone. This registry fix brought them back. I don't know why MC20 would modify those entries to make the thumbnails disappear.
post #1540 of 1552 Old 12-06-2014, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
TrueHD 5.1

I was told to post this in here.

I am having problems playing mkv files with TrueHD 5.1

My HTPC is plugged into the NT929 using HDMI but the windows sound panel says digital spidif and does not list Dolby truehd.

I am using a program called JRIVER and have the sound set to passthrough

Vid card is gt9500
post #1541 of 1552 Old 12-07-2014, 05:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by maids View Post
I was told to post this in here.

I am having problems playing mkv files with TrueHD 5.1

My HTPC is plugged into the NT929 using HDMI but the windows sound panel says digital spidif and does not list Dolby truehd.

I am using a program called JRIVER and have the sound set to passthrough

Vid card is gt9500
Is it just MKV files or is it because you haven't installed the audio codec as explained here?:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Blu-ray
post #1542 of 1552 Old 12-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 77
For TrueHD playback that file is not required - only for decoding DTS-HD in the software, rather than bitstreaming to an AVR to decode.

Just a guess but I'm not sure that the users card is capable of HD audio playback - all elements in the chain need to be compatible.
magicj1 likes this.
post #1543 of 1552 Old 12-09-2014, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post
For TrueHD playback that file is not required - only for decoding DTS-HD in the software, rather than bitstreaming to an AVR to decode.

Just a guess but I'm not sure that the users card is capable of HD audio playback - all elements in the chain need to be compatible.
Yes, we've determined that the video card is limited to spdif audio output. A newer generation of video card, and driver reinstallation, will fix this problem.
steelman1991 likes this.
post #1544 of 1552 Old 12-09-2014, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbrit View Post
Yes, we've determined that the video card is limited to spdif audio output. A newer generation of video card, and driver reinstallation, will fix this problem.
Yeah had noticed a mirror thread on this subject over at interact.
fitbrit likes this.
post #1545 of 1552 Old 12-10-2014, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am presently using an Iscan Duo with Chromapure, but really fancy going back to a HTPC 'do it all' as long as I can have color management. I could still use Chromapure software, I just need to be able to adjust the color gaumt and Grey scale etc on my PC. I read this, but it kind of lost me to be honest
post #1546 of 1552 Old 12-10-2014, 11:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxssa View Post
I am presently using an Iscan Duo with Chromapure, but really fancy going back to a HTPC 'do it all' as long as I can have color management. I could still use Chromapure software, I just need to be able to adjust the color gaumt and Grey scale etc on my PC. I read this, but it kind of lost me to be honest
You can't really do that in JRiver by itself. However JRiver can utilize madVR which can be used for color correction. It's actually a bit better than the iScan Duo as it can do 3DLUT's which adjust thousands of color points instead of just 6 like the iScan Duo.

See this thread:
MadVR - ArgyllCMS

However you must over saturate your display for it to work, you can't really do that in Windows. There's some grey scale adjustments you can do in Windows without madVR but as soon as you play a video it resets the grey scale correction unless you use madVR. madVR is pretty much the only way you can get color correction for video played on an HTPC without an external device like the iScan Duo, eeColor 3DLUT box, or Lumagen.

My Home Theater/Video Gaming/HTPC/2 Channel rig (Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

Last edited by |Tch0rT|; 12-10-2014 at 11:57 PM.
post #1547 of 1552 Old 12-14-2014, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi.

I am having a minor problem which I haven't experienced before because I never tried to change the file location before. I am using JR 20.0.40 with an iMac running Yosemite.

I am attempting to rip Rush, Vapor Trails remixed CD.

When I go into the settings and choose the location I would like the ripped filed located, which is different from what it is currently set to, no matter what folder I choose, when I click "ok", I get an error message that states "video file location cannot be empty".

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

B&W 802 Diamonds | ASWCM12 sub | Rotel RSP-1572 pre-amp | Rotel RMB-1585 amp (bi-amping the 802 Diamonds) | Oppo BDP-105 | Samsung UN60H7150 | SurgeX QX515 Surge Suppressor/Power Conditioner | Audioquest Cinnamon HMDI, Ethernet, & USB A/B cables | Tributaries Type 6 Speaker Cables | Tributaries Series 6 Analog Interconnects | Acoustimac DMD-422 acoustic panels.
post #1548 of 1552 Old 12-14-2014, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliKid2013 View Post
Hi.

I am having a minor problem which I haven't experienced before because I never tried to change the file location before. I am using JR 20.0.40 with an iMac running Yosemite.

I am attempting to rip Rush, Vapor Trails remixed CD.

When I go into the settings and choose the location I would like the ripped filed located, which is different from what it is currently set to, no matter what folder I choose, when I click "ok", I get an error message that states "video file location cannot be empty".

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
I'm not familiar with the Mac version. This is a question you should post on Interact:
Mac Board

Good luck!
post #1549 of 1552 Old Today, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Ok I'm getting this message, all I have been doing is ripping, nothing else most of these cover art are from a hard drive that I use to use which I have not plugged since this folder disappeared about a month and a half go which I document on this thread. No they're back without me ever connecting the hard drive back, I had to double check to see if it in fact was connected but it wasn't!

Now nothing seems to play, I understand why the old files can't play( no hard drive attache to it) but why can't the almost 200GB of new rips can't play??????

If someone has any info as to why, I would great appreciative!

Thank you

DJoel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	13
Size:	476.8 KB
ID:	432442  
post #1550 of 1552 Old Today, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
Ok I'm getting this message, all I have been doing is ripping, nothing else most of these cover art are from a hard drive that I use to use which I have not plugged since this folder disappeared about a month and a half go which I document on this thread. No they're back without me ever connecting the hard drive back, I had to double check to see if it in fact was connected but it wasn't!

Now nothing seems to play, I understand why the old files can't play( no hard drive attache to it) but why can't the almost 200GB of new rips can't play??????

If someone has any info as to why, I would great appreciative!

Thank you

DJoel
The library is separate from the media files. The library just "points to" the files on the drive(s). When you import, you are just building data ABOUT the files...the actual music is not in the library. This means that, if you use the OS or some other mechanism that deletes the actual files (including removing the drive on which the files are sitting) then the library will be intact, but it will point to files that are no longer present. So guess what your error message means...

Display: Panasonic P60UT50 (Plasma)
Speakers: (4) Monitor Audio Silver 9i (Front and Surround), (1) Monitor Audio Silver 12i (Center), (4) Monitor Audio Silver 4i (Rear and Wide), (2) Aperion Audio Bravus II 8d (Subwoofers)
Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-87 AVR (9.2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103, Roku 3, Cable...
post #1551 of 1552 Old Today, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by LairdWilliams View Post
The library is separate from the media files. The library just "points to" the files on the drive(s). When you import, you are just building data ABOUT the files...the actual music is not in the library. This means that, if you use the OS or some other mechanism that deletes the actual files (including removing the drive on which the files are sitting) then the library will be intact, but it will point to files that are no longer present. So guess what your error message means...

I know, I'm just using the pretty cover art, and the informative tags via Jrmc, but what I do not understand is why did it happen, I know why the message means, some how the files and the library aren't gelling for lack of a better word.

Should I reinstall JRMC, start from a new, clean slate? I have my library intact in my hard drive right?

Last edited by Djoel; Today at 12:16 PM.
post #1552 of 1552 Old Today, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 40
Is the music there, but on a drive with a different letter?

If so, you can use MC's Find and Replace tool to change it.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center
jriver.com or Owners Thread at AVSForum
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page