JRiver Media Center Owner's Thread - Page 58 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 197Likes

post #1711 of 1729 Old 03-21-2015, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I haven't heard of any credit card problems with Slysoft.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center
jriver.com or Owners Thread at AVSForum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1712 of 1729 Old 03-21-2015, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jriver View Post
I haven't heard of any credit card problems with Slysoft.
Good to hear but I'm still going to take the extra precautions of setting up a Google wallet account and using their free debit card and just put enough in to cover the cost of the software that way even if someone does get it, they won't be able to get any money. I know that some of you feel that it is the credit card companies problem with fraud and such but if you ever have your identity stolen it is a PITA to get it straightened out and most people just say screw it and file bankruptcy and that sucks too...I just try to do my best to prevent myself from getting screwed up again is all...we all end up paying for everyone else's bks and cc fraud in the by higher prices and interest rates and fees
post #1713 of 1729 Old 03-21-2015, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSatala77 View Post
I'm a little nervous about giving my credit card number to a company that is selling a program to bypass a computer based security safeguards. ..lol...is there anywhere that sell a disc or is it strictly a download?
You dont have to worry about Slysoft. Many of us have been doing business with them for what like 10+ years and never seen any problems.
To each their own though. They are not some fly by night shady chinese/inidian/russian company setup yesterday which is asking for your credit card info-they have been established and trusted for a long time.
post #1714 of 1729 Old 03-21-2015, 02:03 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Good to hear but I'm still going to take the extra precautions of setting up a Google wallet account and using their free debit card and just put enough in to cover the cost of the software that way even if someone does get it, they won't be able to get any money. I know that some of you feel that it is the credit card companies problem with fraud and such but if you ever have your identity stolen it is a PITA to get it straightened out and most people just say screw it and file bankruptcy and that sucks too...I just try to do my best to prevent myself from getting screwed up again is all...we all end up paying for everyone else's bks and cc fraud in the by higher prices and interest rates and fees
You might consider getting yourself a card that allows you to setup virtual numbers for purchases such as these. At least with some of them, you can set the virtual numbers up for one time use and with a limit on how large the charge can be.
dgage likes this.
post #1715 of 1729 Old 03-21-2015, 04:46 PM

Thanks for the info I believe apple pay and Google wallet have that feature
post #1716 of 1729 Old 03-23-2015, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
Regarding Theater View, I have no idea if they will implement it for Mac.
We will. It may not be identical, but we will have a ten foot interface this year.
Quote:
With JRiver's JRemote app for iOS and Android, browsing in Theater View is becoming less common since they use the phone or tablet as the UI.
The Android version of JRemote is available now for testing. It's not complete, but it is useable.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96348.0

post #1717 of 1729 Old 03-23-2015, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Jim, I'd like to see JRemote for the PC too; that would allow using a Windows tablet as a remote for an HTPC to select media and control playback. Using TheaterView on a Windows tablet (Tremote?) is almost there, but after launching a video, it's a pain to access the transport controls like pause, stop, volume etc. JRemote does the touch interface really well.
post #1718 of 1729 Old 03-23-2015, 05:27 PM

My gizmo app keeps freezing and shutting down
post #1719 of 1729 Old 03-24-2015, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 2538
Quote:
My gizmo app keeps freezing and shutting down
why is it I am not surprised?

Quick question, what is JRivers competition?

Some product must be more stable and more importantly offer support not links to tedious Winki verbiage.

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
post #1720 of 1729 Old 03-24-2015, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbrit View Post
Jim, I'd like to see JRemote for the PC too; that would allow using a Windows tablet as a remote for an HTPC to select media and control playback. Using TheaterView on a Windows tablet (Tremote?) is almost there, but after launching a video, it's a pain to access the transport controls like pause, stop, volume etc. JRemote does the touch interface really well.
I downloaded JRiver on my windows laptop and use that as the remote. It's fine when i's not being temperamental, it's just that it's the full program you have to download.

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
post #1721 of 1729 Old 03-24-2015, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbrit View Post
Have you tried Media Center Remote Control Web Application? It is like JRemote for any web browser.

post #1722 of 1729 Old 03-24-2015, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr View Post
why is it I am not surprised?

Quick question, what is JRivers competition?

Some product must be more stable and more importantly offer support not links to tedious Winki verbiage.
I answered twice in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/inde...3582#msg663582

You have a problem with Oppos that come and go. Maybe it's an MC problem, but I don't recognize it.

Try the most recent version of MC if you haven't. It's here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96272.0

Try updating your firmware.

Try powering all devices on your network off and back on.

post #1723 of 1729 Old 03-24-2015, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I answered twice in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/inde...3582#msg663582

You have a problem with Oppos that come and go. Maybe it's an MC problem, but I don't recognize it.

Try the most recent version of MC if you haven't. It's here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96272.0

Try updating your firmware.

So the Oppo is the problem.

Listen, I am gonna back off this because I am furious but I will say before I shut up, throwing links at people with copious verbiage is less than helpful.

post #1724 of 1729 Old 03-24-2015, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

BTW, I did (and am forced to most everyday, not all) and after an hour the 105 appeared.

post #1725 of 1729 Old 03-24-2015, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr View Post
So the Oppo is the problem.

Listen, I am gonna back off this because I am furious but I will say before I shut up, throwing links at people with copious verbiage is less than helpful.
He gave you three things to try, only one of which involved the Oppo.

There are several reasons others have had trouble with an Oppo and JRiver:
1. Antivirus rules were sometimes preventing access to the Oppo via the router/firewall.
2. The Oppo's network renderer function was not correctly configured.
3. The Oppo's standby mode was set to Energy Efficient (default) instead of Quick Start. It can only be detected as a DLNA device when in Quick Start mode. See page 75 of the Oppo manual.

Since the Oppo is both a DMP (Digital Media Player) and a DMR (Digital Media Render) it can both pull content from JRiver or allow JRiver to push content to it. Have you tested pulling content (DMP) from JRiver with the Oppo?

I may have a chance on Saturday to test with an Oppo BDP-105.
post #1726 of 1729 Old 03-24-2015, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
He gave you three things to try, only one of which involved the Oppo.

There are several reasons others have had trouble with an Oppo and JRiver:
1. Antivirus rules were sometimes preventing access to the Oppo via the router/firewall.
2. The Oppo's network renderer function was not correctly configured.
3. The Oppo's standby mode was set to Energy Efficient (default) instead of Quick Start. It can only be detected as a DLNA device when in Quick Start mode. See page 75 of the Oppo manual.

Since the Oppo is both a DMP (Digital Media Player) and a DMR (Digital Media Render) it can both pull content from JRiver or allow JRiver to push content to it. Have you tested pulling content (DMP) from JRiver with the Oppo?

I may have a chance on Saturday to test with an Oppo BDP-105.
Don't think the router firewall is singling out JRiver, blocking and unblocking it and finding an Oppo 103 (which does not exist) on occasion. But anything is possible, what would be the solution if this unlikely scenario is occurring?

again, if not properly configured why does it work wonderful 60-65% of the time?

I'll address the Oppo stand by mode as you suggest, thanks.

"Since the Oppo is both a DMP (Digital Media Player) and a DMR (Digital Media Render) it can both pull content from JRiver or allow JRiver to push content to it. Have you tested pulling content (DMP) from JRiver with the Oppo?:

I think the answer is yes, I can find the audiophile Dac folder (jriver) and play music that way. No art, no tags...

"I may have a chance on Saturday to test with an Oppo BDP-105" If you are near north NYC suburbs stop by. I can guarantee a fine meal, good wine, after drinks...

post #1727 of 1729 Old 03-24-2015, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Looks great, desertdome!

I am going to install it. I would still prefer a Theater View with easy access to playback controls though. That is, after all, what Tremote was all about, no?
Having to create views for WebGizmo compared to being able to use one's already-configured TheaterView views is a bit of an obstacle.
post #1728 of 1729 Old 03-25-2015, 08:31 AM

Is there a download for the Web page control? I have some issues with it seeing my Directstream and oppo sometimes also but if I reset the unpnp server on my Directstream it makes them both show up. ...usually it just takes about 3 minutes for all my renderer's to be listed...my only complaint is that it drops out alot and jumps around a song while playing
post #1729 of 1729 Old Today, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

it's getting old

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page