JRiver Media Center Owner's Thread - Page 62 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 216Likes

post #1831 of 1849 Old 04-19-2015, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip24/96 View Post
It would be nice if JRiver had the ability to rip DVD's, CD's and maybe even Blurays so that we wouldn't have to mess with all of this other software stuff.
There is very little that has to be done to get them to work together. Once loaded, its quite seamless...you don't even know AnyDVD is involved.
HTPCat likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 1849 Old 04-19-2015, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Question for people using JRiver 20 and an Oppo 105.
I am using my JRiver20 as a DLNA server and some of my audio flac trac shows up with cover art and some don't.
So my question is a DLNA server supposed to serve the cover art or is the Oppo fetching the cover art using track name and properties ?

Thanks.
post #1833 of 1849 Old 04-19-2015, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
It would be nice if JRiver had the ability to rip DVD's, CD's and maybe even Blurays so that we wouldn't have to mess with all of this other software stuff.
It does with just the help of AnyDVD because of copy protection. Jriver will never be able to remove this so you will have to rely on AnyDVD - blame the studios not jriver.

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

post #1834 of 1849 Old 04-24-2015, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 288
I'm having some sort of audio issue with Jriver 19, at first when I had a 2Ch pre/pro I assumed there was 5.1 down mixing issue. I only thought that because it worked fine with my previous 5.1 AVR. Now that I have return to 5.1 unit, I'm still having the same issue.

I tried to see if any of the setting were off through options, tools, etc via JR, but at the time my home network was down so I don't know if anything really took?

If there's a straight forward way to fix this I would love some guidance please.

Thanks in advance.

Djoel

My sacd collection Speaker: Ascend Tower RAAL, Horizon RAAL center, Tower NrT rears SSP: XMC-1 Amplification: XPA-5 G2 Display: Samsung PN64D7000 Source: Oppo 103, HTPC 16TB Jriver 19, Tivo Premier, Apple TV2g ,Roku 2 Power:Panamax M5300-PM
post #1835 of 1849 Old 04-24-2015, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

What is the issue?

HTPCat

post #1836 of 1849 Old 04-24-2015, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm not getting some sort of decoding when watching movies, as if the center channel is off, but when I use a 2ch pre pro I was getting full stereo sounds you would hear somethings off screen and yet it wasn't properly playing correctly!

Hope that's clear as it seems it should play with one or the other not both

Djoel

My sacd collection Speaker: Ascend Tower RAAL, Horizon RAAL center, Tower NrT rears SSP: XMC-1 Amplification: XPA-5 G2 Display: Samsung PN64D7000 Source: Oppo 103, HTPC 16TB Jriver 19, Tivo Premier, Apple TV2g ,Roku 2 Power:Panamax M5300-PM
post #1837 of 1849 Old Yesterday, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
I'm not getting some sort of decoding when watching movies, as if the center channel is off, but when I use a 2ch pre pro I was getting full stereo sounds you would hear somethings off screen and yet it wasn't properly playing correctly!

Hope that's clear as it seems it should play with one or the other not both

Djoel
What type of cables are you using to get audio to avr (hdmi, spdif, coaxial or analog rca)? Are you bitstreaming to avr or having jriver decode?

HTPCat

post #1838 of 1849 Old Yesterday, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCat View Post
What type of cables are you using to get audio to avr (hdmi, spdif, coaxial or analog rca)? Are you bitstreaming to avr or having jriver decode?
I'm using Hdmi, I believe the Jriver is doing the decoding but I'll double check.

Dan

post #1839 of 1849 Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Hey,

I'm new to Jriver but I love it so far. It seems to do everything (except 3D which it can do with external player, but I'm in no hurries with 3D.) So, I don't see any reason to use anything else.

I hope Roomie Remote will integrate better support for it. So far you can control Jriver using MCE Controller but better support is surely possible.

I don't think I'll be using AnyDVD HD for any thing.... I tend to use MakeMKV.

=Brian
post #1840 of 1849 Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just changed it to bitstreaming it seems to fix the issue, how do you have yours set up? I just want the best possible sounds emitting from my system.

Thank you for your help.

Dan

post #1841 of 1849 Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
I just changed it to bitstreaming it seems to fix the issue, how do you have yours set up? I just want the best possible sounds emitting from my system.

Thank you for your help.

Dan
I have several zones setup each with different audio setups, mostly I use bitstreaming. I am able to have jriver decode to 5.1 PCM which goes thru AVR as multi channel (5.1) just fine. If you go here http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup this should get you going on which ever audio setup you want. For adding zones, just right click on Playing Now and then click add zone.
Djoel likes this.

HTPCat

post #1842 of 1849 Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post
Hey,

I'm new to Jriver but I love it so far. It seems to do everything (except 3D which it can do with external player, but I'm in no hurries with 3D.) So, I don't see any reason to use anything else.

I hope Roomie Remote will integrate better support for it. So far you can control Jriver using MCE Controller but better support is surely possible.

I don't think I'll be using AnyDVD HD for any thing.... I tend to use MakeMKV.

=Brian
I usually use one of the remote apps on my android tablet (Gizmo, eos & Jremote). I do sometimes use my URC MX-980 when I am watching a movie which works fine for the playback functions (stop/pause/FF/REW) , but not very well for browsing in standard view which is my preference for navigating my very large library. When browsing I usually end up using one of the apps or my logitec mx-air mouse.
JimSatala77 likes this.

HTPCat

post #1843 of 1849 Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Gregg Plummer
Amplizone - a blog about the development of Amplio Audio's soundcard/amps
The Short History of Audio/Video Technology
post #1844 of 1849 Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 51
gizmo and jremote for android are both really good...jremote is better for movies and gizmo is strong for audio....IMO
post #1845 of 1849 Old Today, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Do you guys know of any where I could find in detail, descriptions of all the settings and options for JRiver? Link? I am getting ready to start setting everything up in new system which will not use an AVR or pre/pro, instead, I will be using JRiver from my PC into a 6-channel DAC/Audio Interface, from there straight into my amplifiers. JRiver will also serve as my primary source for both movies and music.
post #1846 of 1849 Old Today, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSatala77 View Post
gizmo and jremote for android are both really good...jremote is better for movies and gizmo is strong for audio....IMO
I think my favorite is eos, but I do like jremote as well...still use gizmo on occasion.

HTPCat

post #1847 of 1849 Old Today, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
I think my favorite is eos, but I do like jremote as well...still use gizmo on occasion.
What's EOS? Do you have a link?
post #1848 of 1849 Old Today, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have several zones setup each with different audio setups, mostly I use bitstreaming. I am able to have jriver decode to 5.1 PCM which goes thru AVR as multi channel (5.1) just fine. If you go here http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup this should get you going on which ever audio setup you want. For adding zones, just right click on Playing Now and then click add zone.
Quote:
Do you guys know of any where I could find in detail, descriptions of all the settings and options for JRiver? Link? I am getting ready to start setting everything up in new system which will not use an AVR or pre/pro, instead, I will be using JRiver from my PC into a 6-channel DAC/Audio Interface, from there straight into my amplifiers. JRiver will also serve as my primary source for both movies and music.
You can start at the jriver wiki see link above. Also, there are many discussions on doing this perhaps Nyal's thread on this or his blog will help (Accoustic Frontiers) How to replace your home theater pre-pro with a HTPC!. Finally, you can ask for help at JRiver interact forum https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/

HTPCat

post #1849 of 1849 Old Today, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I don't think there is anything that will cover the specific details for supporting your hardware. I'm doing something similar with my multichannel DAC connected directly to amps. The important factor is the audio driver. What DAC are using? What sort of drivers does it have, ASIO, WDM? After you connect your DAC to your PC, what shows up as a sound device on Control Panel?

What is the interface, USB, USB2, FireWire?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Gregg Plummer
Amplizone - a blog about the development of Amplio Audio's soundcard/amps
The Short History of Audio/Video Technology
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page