JRiver Media Center Owner's Thread - Page 66 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 252Likes

post #1951 of 1961 Old 05-30-2015, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 46
... we're still working ...

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center
jriver.com or Owners Thread at AVSForum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1952 of 1961 Old 06-01-2015, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 476
I just saw that build 20.0.114 with the fix for TMDB has now been released.
|Tch0rT| and JimSatala77 like this.
post #1953 of 1961 Old 06-01-2015, 07:37 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
I just saw that build 20.0.114 with the fix for TMDB has now been released.
Just keep in mind that version 20.0.114 isn't considered a "stable" release, so those who have their update channel set to Stable won't get this update right away.
JimSatala77 likes this.
post #1954 of 1961 Old 06-01-2015, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Just keep in mind that version 20.0.114 isn't considered a "stable" release, so those who have their update channel set to Stable won't get this update right away.
Anyone can manually install the latest update regardless of update channel settings. I posted the info here so that those that want TMDB to work again but have update channels set to "stable" can still choose to update. Once you update to the latest version, update channels won't try to revert you to an older build like the one that is currently considered "stable".
JimSatala77 likes this.
post #1955 of 1961 Old 06-01-2015, 10:47 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
Anyone can manually install the latest update regardless of update channel settings. I posted the info here so that those that want TMDB to work again but have update channels set to "stable" can still choose to update. Once you update to the latest version, update channels won't try to revert you to an older build like the one that is currently considered "stable".
Right. I was just pointing it out so that someone who is setup for automatic stable updates wouldn't get frustrated because they didn't get version 114 right away. Or someone who is setup for manual stable updates won't run into the same situation if they manually check for updates in the app.
JimSatala77 likes this.
post #1956 of 1961 Old 06-02-2015, 04:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 146
The movie database bug made me realize what a nice scraper TMDB is.

I had about 20 or so movies waiting for info and cover art.

JRiver is simply the best in my view.

-Brian
|Tch0rT| and JimSatala77 like this.
post #1957 of 1961 Old 06-02-2015, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeamdman View Post
Got it. I had to lookup how to get to the madVR settings from within JRiver though
You have to play a movie in jriver, then look for madVR on the system tray or right click on movie while it's playing to find it.
dgage likes this.
post #1958 of 1961 Old 06-02-2015, 06:33 PM
Deep Sea Sound

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
You have to play a movie in jriver, then look for madVR on the system tray or right click on movie while it's playing to find it.
Good to know. Thanks Tony!

David Gage
Deep Sea Sound
"You don't listen to our subs, you EXPERIENCE them!"
post #1959 of 1961 Old 06-02-2015, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Is it better to do bass management in jriver or in my Denon X4000 AVR? If bass management is done in jriver, I assume all speakers need to be set as large on my AVR, correct? Lots of time, I have seen a dip in FR around the crossover area when AVR manages bass. Will it be the same using jriver bass management?
I am currently set my xover at 120hz in my AVR for all speakers. If I want to add a 6db gain 250hz lowshelf filter in jriver for just my front three LCR speakers to boost the mid bass, I was told that I need to do bass management in jriver and NOT in the AVR to achieve that. Sound correct? If so, I assume I need to apply the bass management before the LS filter in jriver dsp (bass management on top, LS filter below in jriver dsp)?
Thanks.
post #1960 of 1961 Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1373 Post(s)
Liked: 1232
Question for J River experts.

I had an Nvidia GTX 670 card and using HDMI output on it with @desertdome 's av synch-one 2 device we calibrated the video lag in my AVR to 35ms.

I swapped to an AMD 285 card and using the HDMI output on it the audio seems pretty far off when watching movie clips. I don't have desertdome's device, but I used the downloaded video file for the AV synch-one 2 device by eye and it seems more like 200ms now.

Is that even possible?

Both cards were using the video card HDMI sound card output rather than a dedicated output. So it's like Nvidia sound card vs. AMD sound card. This is all through an Onkyo 5508 pre-amp.

Maybe I need to through my Sound Blaster Audigy back in there if the AMD is going to be that laggy on sound output? Or is there a setting I need to change in the software somehow?

For what it's worth - I DO think the AMD 285 has better color and black levels on the Panasonic AE 8000 projector right out of the box than the GTX 670 ever did. I am very pleased with the colors and black level on the HTPC now, when I have NOT been for the last three Nvidia cards. On my Dell 3014, monitor I can't tell the difference. But on the projector I think I can. My movie clips now look like the bluray when played through the HTPC rather than either somewhat washed out (normal) or crushed blacks (expanded) with the Nvida cards. GTX 460, GTX 560, GTX670.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
post #1961 of 1961 Old Today, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 131
If you're having different black levels between the two cards, its either one of two things. 1) AMD has some post-processing on the image by default (which NVIDIA supports too, but is disabled by default), or 2) You need to set the proper color range in the NVIDIA driver (recent driver releases finally have a handy switch for this).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page