JRiver Media Center Owner's Thread - Page 67 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 260Likes

post #1981 of 2033 Old 07-17-2015, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Here are the instructions:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98668.0
Djoel likes this.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center
jriver.com or Owners Thread at AVSForum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 2033 Old 07-17-2015, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Tch0rT| View Post

it's happened twice to me that paid upgrades are announced so close to my purchases, I would've waited if I had known.
First time - shame on JRiver. Second time - shame on you.
post #1983 of 2033 Old 07-17-2015, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
Question.

If I want to take advantage of 18.98 introduction fee, do I have to use my HTPC where I have JRMC 19 running to download it or can I start the process with my laptop and then move to htpc?

Thanks

Djoel
You just need to enter your MC19 license number (on the website purchase form) when you buy the upgrade so JRiver can confirm you have an existing license to upgrade from. It doesn't care which computer you buy from.
post #1984 of 2033 Old 07-17-2015, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBumkin View Post
You just need to enter your MC19 license number (on the website purchase form) when you buy the upgrade so JRiver can confirm you have an existing license to upgrade from. It doesn't care which computer you buy from.

Thanks, but all I'm doing is going around in a circle

Thanks thou.

Djoel

My sacd collection Speaker: Ascend Tower RAAL, Horizon RAAL center, Tower NrT rears SSP: XMC-1 Amplification: XPA-5 G2 Display: Samsung PN64D7000 Source: Oppo 103, HTPC 16TB Jriver 19, Tivo Premier, Apple TV2g ,Roku 2 Power:Panamax M5300-PM
post #1985 of 2033 Old 07-17-2015, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Never mind, I just arrived at the right page with the right discounted prices.

Thanks all

Djoel

My sacd collection Speaker: Ascend Tower RAAL, Horizon RAAL center, Tower NrT rears SSP: XMC-1 Amplification: XPA-5 G2 Display: Samsung PN64D7000 Source: Oppo 103, HTPC 16TB Jriver 19, Tivo Premier, Apple TV2g ,Roku 2 Power:Panamax M5300-PM
post #1986 of 2033 Old 07-17-2015, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
First time - shame on JRiver. Second time - shame on you.
Nah it wasn't JRiver's fault the first time. I wasn't familiar with their upgrade cycle. I somewhat am now and no longer on the end of life cycle for the versions I have licenses for so it's all good.

My Home Theater/Video Gaming/HTPC/2 Channel rig (Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

post #1987 of 2033 Old 07-18-2015, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked: 4076
OK, today neither my OPPO or mMedium can correct to the JRiver server.

Sure it's a familiar tale but honest, is there any way to trouble shoot it?

I lost hours.... hours trying to get this thing to connect. The last two weeks it's worked perfectly for the first time ever... now today.

Generally when it does not see the Oppo I go ito the Oppo and pull the files. Today the Oppo finds no server to pull from. This is a first.

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
post #1988 of 2033 Old 07-18-2015, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr View Post
OK, today neither my OPPO or mMedium can correct to the JRiver server.

Sure it's a familiar tale but honest, is there any way to trouble shoot it?

I lost hours.... hours trying to get this thing to connect. The last two weeks it's worked perfectly for the first time ever... now today.

Generally when it does not see the Oppo I go ito the Oppo and pull the files. Today the Oppo finds no server to pull from. This is a first.
A flakey connection may mean a flakey network, but make sure you're using MC20.0.131. It's on the MC20 board on the JRiver forum.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center
jriver.com or Owners Thread at AVSForum
post #1989 of 2033 Old 07-19-2015, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I downloaded the Jriver trial and everything is great. However when I select a ripped dvd it plays the main title. Does Jriver support dvd menus? I would like it to automatically go to the main menu instead. Thanks for any help
post #1990 of 2033 Old 07-19-2015, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 43
DVD or BD? MC does support DVD menus but not bluray menus.
post #1991 of 2033 Old 07-20-2015, 06:46 AM

Regular dvd mostly ones that are collection of TV episodes from Disney channel like Mickey Mouse clubhouse. Is there a way to make MC automatically go to main menu instead of the main title
post #1992 of 2033 Old 07-20-2015, 07:41 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex014 View Post
Regular dvd mostly ones that are collection of TV episodes from Disney channel like Mickey Mouse clubhouse. Is there a way to make MC automatically go to main menu instead of the main title
It should go to the main menu by default. How exactly are you ripping your DVD's?
post #1993 of 2033 Old 07-20-2015, 10:51 AM

I use anydvd and I rip the full disc to a video ts folder
post #1994 of 2033 Old 07-20-2015, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex014 View Post
I use anydvd and I rip the full disc to a video ts folder
I think this may be your problem (if your using a drive over 2TB). This thread describes issues with Microsoft's DVD Navigator (which JRiver uses) when drives are 2TB or larger and the DVD rip is a "file". http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97895.0
The fix seems to be to rip your DVDs to ISO then use VirtualCloneDrive http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html or similar to mount the ISO - which is then treated as if it's an "optical disc" by DVD Navigator.

I only rip the main movie, so I have not had this issue my self.
Try it and report back if it works.
post #1995 of 2033 Old 07-20-2015, 11:39 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
I think this may be your problem (if your using a drive over 2TB). This thread describes issues with Microsoft's DVD Navigator (which JRiver uses) when drives are 2TB or larger and the DVD rip is a "file". http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97895.0
The fix seems to be to rip your DVDs to ISO then use VirtualCloneDrive http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html or similar to mount the ISO - which is then treated as if it's an "optical disc" by DVD Navigator.

I only rip the main movie, so I have not had this issue my self.
Try it and report back if it works.
I've ripped a bunch of DVD's to VIDEO_TS folder structures on a 6TB drive and they all play as expected in JRiver MC.
JimSatala77 likes this.
post #1996 of 2033 Old 07-20-2015, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
I've ripped a bunch of DVD's to VIDEO_TS folder structures on a 6TB drive and they all play as expected in JRiver MC.
Someone else in that link also said he/she was not having problems with VOB/IFO files on their large drives.
It may still be worth a try to OP. I don't have any other suggestions (except you could try ripping to MKV and see if that format works).

Good Luck
post #1997 of 2033 Old 07-20-2015, 05:38 PM

Thanks for the help I will try it again I might have just missed something.
post #1998 of 2033 Old 07-20-2015, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
It would be nice if you could automatically set your refresh rate to match your media . . . which is why you can.

In madVR's settings go to devices > "your device" > display modes set it up like below. Now the refresh rate will automatically switch for video based on its refresh rate and then switch back to the desktop resolution when not watching a movie. You can't use resolutions your display doesn't support.

I have a couple of blu-ray concerts that are 29fps and my display stays at 60fps. I added 1080p29 and 1080p30 to the list to no avail.

The video doesn't stutter but the timing between the audio and video is off.
post #1999 of 2033 Old 07-21-2015, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeamdman View Post
I have a couple of blu-ray concerts that are 29fps and my display stays at 60fps. I added 1080p29 and 1080p30 to the list to no avail.

The video doesn't stutter but the timing between the audio and video is off.
Displays don't do 1080p29 or 1080p30. They use either 1080p59 or 1080p60. There are a lot of Blu-ray concerts that are interlaced (1080i). This taxes the video card more when using madVR. Use Ctrl+J to see the madVR stats during playback and see if any frames are dropping. It will also show if deinterlacing is on. You may need to force either video or film deinterlacing.

For a while I used a separate zone for Blu-ray concerts that are interlaced and had ZoneSwitch setup to automatically switch to that zone if my Media Subtype is Concert. This Blu-ray concert zone used Red October Standard instead of Red October HQ and can play interlaced content better, but with some loss of image quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	deinterlacing.PNG
Views:	160
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	841370  
post #2000 of 2033 Old 07-21-2015, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Displays don't do 1080p29 or 1080p30. They use either 1080p59 or 1080p60. There are a lot of Blu-ray concerts that are interlaced (1080i). This taxes the video card more when using madVR. Use Ctrl+J to see the madVR stats during playback and see if any frames are dropping. It will also show if deinterlacing is on. You may need to force either video or film deinterlacing.

For a while I used a separate zone for Blu-ray concerts that are interlaced and had ZoneSwitch setup to automatically switch to that zone if my Media Subtype is Concert. This Blu-ray concert zone used Red October Standard instead of Red October HQ and can play interlaced content better, but with some loss of image quality.
These do have de-interlacing on when viewing the settings with Ctrl+J.

"Force film mode" seems to have fixed the Cream blu-ray, but on the Eagles Farewell I blu-ray it's now dropping multiple frames every second and video playback is very bad. Un-watchable.
post #2001 of 2033 Old 07-21-2015, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
These do have de-interlacing on when viewing the settings with Ctrl+J.

"Force film mode" seems to have fixed the Cream blu-ray, but on the Eagles Farewell I blu-ray it's now dropping multiple frames every second and video playback is very bad. Un-watchable.
I remember having trouble at dlbeck's with the Eagle's Blu-ray, too. Did you try using Red October Standard? My current video card is the GTX 960 and plays the Eagles blu-ray just fine, but my former card couldn't handle it. I'll have to check it out this evening if I get some time.

When you get the Eagles blu-ray playing fine, can you see what peak SPL you get with just your mains from the stereo PCM track of Dirty Laundy. Here is what I got when messing around last week. This is about 1M from one speaker using Omnimic. To me, that track is even more dynamic than the Cream drum solo. I need to measure the drum solo.

post #2002 of 2033 Old 07-21-2015, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I remember having trouble at dlbeck's with the Eagle's Blu-ray, too. Did you try using Red October Standard? My current video card is the GTX 960 and plays the Eagles blu-ray just fine, but my former card couldn't handle it. I'll have to check it out this evening if I get some time.

When you get the Eagles blu-ray playing fine, can you see what peak SPL you get with just your mains from the stereo PCM track of Dirty Laundy. Here is what I got when messing around last week. This is about 1M from one speaker using Omnimic. To me, that track is even more dynamic than the Cream drum solo. I need to measure the drum solo.

I need to figure out how to have just the Eagles blu-ray use Red October Standard...

I measured this from the LP about 9ft from the mains. Stereo PCM track, no subs.

post #2003 of 2033 Old 07-21-2015, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I need to figure out how to have just the Eagles blu-ray use Red October Standard...
Right Click Playing Now and select Add Zone.
Call it Blu-ray Concerts or Red October Standard and copy your existing zone.
Set existing zone to Red October HQ and new zone to Red October Standard.
Go to Player > Zone > ZoneSwitch, click enable, click add and create two rules.
The first rule can use just the Album name if you want and send it to the Red October Standard zone. This is a way to specify the exact album. Otherwise you can specify any criteria or combination of criteria.
The second rule will send all other files to the Red October HQ zone.
Be sure to set each rule to stop playback in the other zone.
ZoneSwitch doesn't really work for a playlist which contains items that would go to different zones. This is because each zone has its own playlist.
I may have missed something since I typed this up quick. Let me know if you have any questions.

I use zones for Blu-ray Movies, Blu-ray Concerts, DVD, Stereo Music, Multi-channel Music and TV because I do bass management and some other stuff different depending on content.

Quote:
I measured this from the LP about 9ft from the mains. Stereo PCM track, no subs.
WOW! However, you have less difference between peak and max than I do. This is what I'm curious about. I also need to compare my Omnimic to a mic with REW to see how they differ.

I forgot to mention that I calibrated my SPL using JRiver's Tools > Advanced > Audio Calibration > Volume Calibration and calibrated the mains to 83 dBC slow.
HTPCat likes this.
post #2004 of 2033 Old 07-21-2015, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Right Click Playing Now and select Add Zone.
Call it Blu-ray Concerts or Red October Standard and copy your existing zone.
Set existing zone to Red October HQ and new zone to Red October Standard.
Go to Player > Zone > ZoneSwitch, click enable, click add and create two rules.
The first rule can use just the Album name if you want and send it to the Red October Standard zone. This is a way to specify the exact album. Otherwise you can specify any criteria or combination of criteria.
The second rule will send all other files to the Red October HQ zone.
Be sure to set each rule to stop playback in the other zone.
ZoneSwitch doesn't really work for a playlist which contains items that would go to different zones. This is because each zone has its own playlist.
I may have missed something since I typed this up quick. Let me know if you have any questions.

I use zones for Blu-ray Movies, Blu-ray Concerts, DVD, Stereo Music, Multi-channel Music and TV because I do bass management and some other stuff different depending on content.

WOW! However, you have less difference between peak and max than I do. This is what I'm curious about. I also need to compare my Omnimic to a mic with REW to see how they differ.

I forgot to mention that I calibrated my SPL using JRiver's Tools > Advanced > Audio Calibration > Volume Calibration and calibrated the mains to 83 dBC slow.
That seemed to work.

I think I was maxing out my mic. Those last few DB didn't raise the peak but did raise the max
post #2005 of 2033 Old 07-21-2015, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

I would like to rip some new Blu Rays that I have collected ever since the last time I rip movies about a year and half ago, It was dreadful to say the least using MakeMkv as I wasn't sure if it was ripping or not and when I did make a copy the cover looked different than the few my friend did for me, or I had multiple covers, with what? Who knows?

Any way I would like to take a second stab at ripping Blu Rays and was wondering if I can some who associate JRiver with what ever method of ripping MKV's as easy and smoothly as possible? So I what I'm asking is there a Blu ray ripping program that would play nice with JRMC?

Thanks

Djoel

post #2006 of 2033 Old 07-21-2015, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 187
JRMC does rip blu ray discs. Here is a post from @desertdome describing the process

JRiver Media Center Owner's Thread

I use MakeMKV. There have only been a couple of the +300 discs I've ripped that have had issues. I use MCM for metadata.
JimSatala77 likes this.

-

Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
post #2007 of 2033 Old 07-21-2015, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
I would like to rip some new Blu Rays that I have collected ever since the last time I rip movies about a year and half ago, It was dreadful to say the least using MakeMkv as I wasn't sure if it was ripping or not and when I did make a copy the cover looked different than the few my friend did for me, or I had multiple covers, with what? Who knows?

Any way I would like to take a second stab at ripping Blu Rays and was wondering if I can some who associate JRiver with what ever method of ripping MKV's as easy and smoothly as possible? So I what I'm asking is there a Blu ray ripping program that would play nice with JRMC?

Thanks

Djoel
I Use Anydvdhd for copy protection removal and clonebd for discs..it is simple to use and makes any quality from full to just a fraction of the size
post #2008 of 2033 Old 07-21-2015, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BllDo View Post
JRMC does rip blu ray discs. Here is a post from @desertdome describing the process

JRiver Media Center Owner's Thread

I use MakeMKV. There have only been a couple of the +300 discs I've ripped that have had issues. I use MCM for metadata.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSatala77 View Post
I Use Anydvdhd for copy protection removal and clonebd for discs..it is simple to use and makes any quality from full to just a fraction of the size
Thanks guys I'll look into both methods, and see which will be to my liking.

Djoel

post #2009 of 2033 Old 07-21-2015, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSatala77 View Post
what is the difference between ripping a bd in jriver vs using clonebd?
post #2010 of 2033 Old 07-21-2015, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ll3d00d View Post
what is the difference between ripping a bd in jriver vs using clonebd?
clonebd shows you every playlist and sound stream and lets you decide what exactly you want..just the movie..bits and pieces of extras..different soundtracks and subtitles..and lets you start directly to the movie..i have used both jriver and clonebd and clonebd is better at the ripping..i use Jriver for all my playing and sorting
3ll3d00d likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page