JRiver Media Center Owner's Thread - Page 80 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 382Likes

post #2371 of 2382 Old 07-26-2017, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked: 8909
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post

I should also point out that my house is divided as my wife and daughter like Android and my son and I use iOS. Annoying.
LOL

and you know how I wound up with this old apple phone don't you?

The wife and youngest (only one still home) will only use Apple! Much as I grouse and refuse to buy them.... they break me down.

and of course, when the big screens came out, their small screen phones became unusable.

So I dump them in the desk and grouse about Apple some more.

Finally I figure, why not just put one on the poach to control Jriver and Tidal?

Too old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bahhhhhhhh
dgage likes this.

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.

ELJR's "listening to" blog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2372 of 2382 Old 07-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Deep Sea Sound

Mentioned: 183 Post(s)
Quoted: 1663 Post(s)
Liked: 1480
There are some really inexpensive cheap Android tablets that I'm sure would run Jriver or Tidal just fine and have a bigger screen than the phone. Not quite as good as repurposing something already owned but not too bad. Just did a Best Buy search to see what was available for me locally and there is quite the selection at price points from $40 to more than 10 times that. Maybe Futuristic London would have even more available locally.
eljr likes this.

David Gage
Deep Sea Sound
"You don't listen to our subs, you EXPERIENCE them!"
post #2373 of 2382 Old 07-26-2017, 03:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked: 8909
Quote:
There are some really inexpensive cheap Android tablets that I'm sure would run Jriver or Tidal just fine and have a bigger screen than the phone. Not quite as good as repurposing something already owned but not too bad. Just did a Best Buy search to see what was available for me locally and there is quite the selection at price points from $40 to more than 10 times that. Maybe Futuristic London would have even more available locally.

thanks

I absolutely don't have a need, just figured I'd use the phone for something so I would not have to throw it away.

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.

ELJR's "listening to" blog.

post #2374 of 2382 Old 07-27-2017, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 690
Quote:
Fair enough. I'm a technologist and I never really understood the fanboy fighting over which platform was better. Windows Phone did some good, obviously Blackberry at one point, but phones and tablets are now dominated by Android and Apple. It's like Ford vs Chevy, which I'm not a truck guy, is all opinion. Each platform has its advantages and disadvantages, I was just pointing out Andorid has its own issues since that is the usual comparison.

I agree with Nickbuol to let it drop as each person determines what is best for their uses, assuming they have a choice as eljr pointed out isn't always available. But it was also Nickbuol's liking of your post that prompted my response. Nickbuol and I will just have to have it out if we ever meet, which I hope we do.

I should also point out that my house is divided as my wife and daughter like Android and my son and I use iOS. Annoying.
I bet you can guess which I use. LOL The good thing is that I am one of those people that likes to look at all sides of just about any situation... It is something that I learned to do in the workplace, and it carries over. I find myself playing "devil's advocate" a lot, which actually comes in handy with not being one of those people that just follows the crowd, but actually looks at what should be the best option, for whatever situation. I do, however, also know that in many situations other options may fit better with other situations... Thus the reason I haven't disowned my oldest daughter or her husband for going from Android to iPhone.

So we could certainly "duke it out" in person... But lets pick something better to fight over... Like dry rub vs BBQ sauce on a rack of smoked ribs. Sampling would be required to "validate" our choices. YUM.
dgage likes this.
post #2375 of 2382 Old 07-27-2017, 11:11 AM
Deep Sea Sound

Mentioned: 183 Post(s)
Quoted: 1663 Post(s)
Liked: 1480
To finish this off-topic and based on my experience with smartphones for over 10 years, this is the best advice I can give. Whatever phone you buy, make sure it is a very popular model or best seller. This is the only way to ensure a higher chance of getting updates. If you buy a model with fewer sales, good luck getting updates or bug fixes later. Been bit by this more than once on several OSs.
eljr likes this.
post #2376 of 2382 Old 07-31-2017, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 585 Post(s)
Liked: 159
When resuming from a paused movie, the screen flashes black for a second before resuming. This is with version 23. Version 21 didn't do this. Anyone have a solution?
post #2377 of 2382 Old 07-31-2017, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post
When resuming from a paused movie, the screen flashes black for a second before resuming. This is with version 23. Version 21 didn't do this. Anyone have a solution?
I Don't use it anymore, but did use 23 for a bit. I think I noticed that too.

Hitting Play when paused caused the issue I believe. Hitting pause when paused did not cause the flash. So I always used the Pause button to resume.

-T
post #2378 of 2382 Old 07-31-2017, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 1653 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post
using rohq (madvr) or standard?
post #2379 of 2382 Old 08-01-2017, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 585 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ll3d00d View Post
using rohq (madvr) or standard?

Rohq, and the post above yours has the same issue as well.

I also notice that my list of movies also flash black, as if no screen art, when I page up/down in theater view.
post #2380 of 2382 Old 08-06-2017, 04:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 75
We've added a capability in MC23 that can automatically turn on AV equipment when you press play in JRiver. It's just now working and still changing.

PlayPower

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center
jriver.com or Owners Thread at AVSForum
post #2381 of 2382 Old 08-09-2017, 04:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Hi apologize for the newbie questions, but I'm not a heavy user.

I am running MC 23 on a Windows laptop. My main library is located on a USB Seagate drive attached to my Netgear Nighthawk router. I am replacing this router with one that does not support USB hard drives (Orbi), so I am wondering what the best strategy would be to move main library access in MC 23.

Should I:

1) copy my music files from the Seagate drive onto a laptop, then teach MC to look in a different place for it?

2) attach the Seagate to a laptop and teach MC to look there for it? Not sure this is possible...

Any advice is greatly appreciated...thanks!
post #2382 of 2382 Old 08-09-2017, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgterm View Post
Hi apologize for the newbie questions, but I'm not a heavy user.

I am running MC 23 on a Windows laptop. My main library is located on a USB Seagate drive attached to my Netgear Nighthawk router. I am replacing this router with one that does not support USB hard drives (Orbi), so I am wondering what the best strategy would be to move main library access in MC 23.

Should I:

1) copy my music files from the Seagate drive onto a laptop, then teach MC to look in a different place for it?

2) attach the Seagate to a laptop and teach MC to look there for it? Not sure this is possible...

Any advice is greatly appreciated...thanks!
I would connect the seagate to the laptop via usb. You will probably have to change your import settings and also clear the previous library because those links will be broken.

HTPCat
"I have a need to feed the hole with more Audio & Video toys"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page