post #3031 of 3161 Old 06-24-2014, 09:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughy2010 View Post
I appreciate your response. Could you be a little more specific though?

1. How would I know that the codec on the specific bluray cannot be bitstreamed? All of my BD movies say either DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD on my AVR screen. This leads me to believe that it is properly decoding the audio. If it wasn't bitstreaming properly I would expect to see PCM on the AVR screen. Furthermore, how would I enable a mixer?

2. I have ignorantly played around in the LavSplitter with all its settings and cannot seem to figure it out. What should the settings be?
5.1 or 8.1 LPCM is used that doesn't mean you have a disc with it. i know they use LPCM a lot in japan. anime stereo source are in nearly all LPCM and some movies are LPCM too.

the Mixer from Lavfilter in under Lavaudio Mixing, this can't touch a bitstreamend audio so it doesn't harm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3032 of 3161 Old 06-25-2014, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
@SABERWOLF357

you can destroy your picture quality as much as you want with SVP but this is not a must have for HI DEF.
Too each his or her own I guess?

I don't use SVP for every kind of movie I view, just movies with a lot of action in it.

I am not knocking this brilliant thread, I am just stressing my opinion of quality.
post #3033 of 3161 Old 06-26-2014, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 126
FYI this portion of setting up MPC-HC has changed verbage:

To install xy subfilter, run the installer for it. Make sure you grab xy subfilter and not xy vsfilter. Then, to disable the default subtitle renderer in mpc hc (which you don’t need anymore now that you have xy subfilter), open mpc hc, press o for options, go to playback, and uncheck autoload subtitles.

The current version says "Use default subtitle engine" or something like that. It confused me a little until I figured out they were the same but named different.
post #3034 of 3161 Old 06-26-2014, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My HTPC has been stable for a good year and therefore I had no incentive to update MadVR, NVidia drivers, etc. but now it's time to take care of those things, and I am not sure what is the latest info on the topics below:

1. NVidia drivers: I have a GTX650 and last time I installed the drivers, I had to hack the setup process and modify the INI file in order to get 0-255. Is this still necessary? If yes, any better method ? What driver version should I use - is the latest one from Nvidia the best option?

2. MadVR settings - if anyone has tips on what would be the best config for my case - Film only mode, mix of blu-ray, 1080i, 720p and DVD content, using GTX650 and a projector capable of 24p.

3. NVidia custom resolution - is this still necessary in order to get proper 24 frames/second? If yes, is there a nice place with instructions? I know I saw one before, but I can't find it now.

Thanks!
post #3035 of 3161 Old 06-26-2014, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbez View Post
My HTPC has been stable for a good year and therefore I had no incentive to update MadVR, NVidia drivers, etc. but now it's time to take care of those things, and I am not sure what is the latest info on the topics below:

1. NVidia drivers: I have a GTX650 and last time I installed the drivers, I had to hack the setup process and modify the INI file in order to get 0-255. Is this still necessary? If yes, any better method ? What driver version should I use - is the latest one from Nvidia the best option?

2. MadVR settings - if anyone has tips on what would be the best config for my case - Film only mode, mix of blu-ray, 1080i, 720p and DVD content, using GTX650 and a projector capable of 24p.

3. NVidia custom resolution - is this still necessary in order to get proper 24 frames/second? If yes, is there a nice place with instructions? I know I saw one before, but I can't find it now.

Thanks!
1. there is a tool that comes with MadVR to do it with 3 clicks. just use the current stable driver.
2. choice whats best for your eyes and works there is no real answer to this
3. it's not like nvidia needs this all GPU needs this and how you have to change this is different between for each pc there is no way to say you how you have to do this.
in some cases you don't need this at all pure luck. you can use MadVR Smoothmotion and set your display to 60 Hz and forget about this problem..
post #3036 of 3161 Old 06-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
"Cannot Render the File" Error Message?

Hey all, hoping someone can help with a weird problem. Am using latest version of MPC HC and Lav Filters, but recently lost the ability to play audio CDs with MPC. When I click on one of the tracks through Windows Explorer (a .cda file) MPC loads but then just says "Cannot Render the File". I have all formats checked under Lav Splitter and Lav Audio, and also have tried checking the "CD" options in MPC "Internal Filters" but nothing changes. Any tips?
post #3037 of 3161 Old 06-28-2014, 03:27 AM

Thank for the guide. I wanted to try MPC-HC for an old PC (with Windows XP and 1300 MHz Tualatin Celeron) used by a pensioner playing normal DVD-s. The old version of MPC-HC (v1.3...) played the DVD with good audio and a bit choppy video (it can be seen with small compromise). The new version (1.7.5..) plays the DVD with better video but with choppy audio (and it is unpalatable). How can I set the new MPC-HC to play the DVD with the old style? Or I searc for a DVD player program with small resource demand.

Last edited by sorbit_4; 06-28-2014 at 03:53 AM. Reason: correcting a misstype
post #3038 of 3161 Old 06-29-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:

Thanks!
1. I don't know about needing to hack the NVidia .ini file to get 0-255, but I have just always installed the latest driver, but have always kept all of the original downloads in case a new one doesn't work.

2. MadVR settings are pretty straightforward I think. About the only decision to make involve upscaling. I use the bicubic, sharpness = 75 setting, but test them all to see which one you like. To me, the differences were subtle.

3. Finally, here are the 1080p24 settings, and yes you still need to create a custom resolution for them:

active pixels horizontal: 1920 vertical: 1080
front porch horizontal: 638 vertical: 4
sync width horizontal: 44 vertical: 5
total pixels horizontal: 2750 vertical: 1124
polarity horizontal: positive vertical: positive
refresh rate: 23.978

These came from Nvidia and do work.

Hope this helps a little.
post #3039 of 3161 Old 06-29-2014, 09:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:

1. Use madLevelsTweaker.exe included in madVR.

2. GTX 650 should be able to do Level 4 to upscale DVD/720p24. madVR supports profiles.

3. Yup, necessary. I wrote an instruction (a basic principle?) here. Also look at posts around it.

Last edited by renethx; 06-29-2014 at 09:55 PM.
post #3040 of 3161 Old 07-01-2014, 08:39 AM

Greetings forum people I have a problem and I would like some help.

I use MPC-HC 64-bit edition (latest version) for playing videos on my laptop, but only recently I come across this.... thing. You see, when I try to playback an .mkv file I get the video but there is no sound. I tried another .mkv file and it worked just fine. Now I did some digging and on the "no sound" .mkv file when I right click and select audio I see "...... dts....." whereas on my "working" .mkv file I get ".....ac3...." so if I undestand correctly, the first file's audio encoding (if I am saying this correctly - I am not very familiar with video/audio encoding etc) is DTS and the second one's is AC3. So how can I play files with DTS encoding? Below are my settings on MPC-HC:

Everything else is pretty much untouched.

My laptop (a Toshiba Satellite L50-A-1D5) has the following hardware specifications:
  • 4gb RAM
  • Inter Core i7-4700MQ @2.4GHz (and up to 3.2GHz with turboboost)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT740M
  • Intel HD Graphics as internal gpu (I dont remember the exact model its 4500 or 5000 I think)
  • 15.6'' 1366x768 display
  • 700gb HDD
So is it possible to play these kind of files? And if it is, what can I do to play them? I would like to keep it as simple as possible and install the minimum that are required to do this task. If you want further info about my MPC-HC set up, please let me now (and provide me with info on how to acquire them).

p.s. sorry for the long post

Last edited by kosmsamo; 07-01-2014 at 08:44 AM. Reason: clarification
post #3041 of 3161 Old 07-01-2014, 10:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 777
32 bit version of mpc-hc.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #3042 of 3161 Old 07-01-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
32 bit version of mpc-hc.
Thak you mate, that did the job Unistalled my previous 64 bit MPC-HC and installed the 32 bit one.

Now if you dont mind can you please explain to me why does this happen to 64 bit edition and not to the 32 bit edition?

Oh and again, thank you
post #3043 of 3161 Old 07-01-2014, 10:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 777
The codecs and supporting software are 32bit and you need them all to work together.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #3044 of 3161 Old 07-01-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
The codecs and supporting software are 32bit and you need them all to work together.
oh got it.

Well, since now I use mpc-hc 32bit, I was thinking of installing all that stuff to ensure I get high quality (since I knew that madVR was only compatible with 32bit mpc-hc). So I installed that stuff (without the ReClock), but now the sound has once more disappeared. So here we are at the original problem once more I unistalled-reinstalled everything (bare mpc-hc and mpc-hc+madVR) but nothing. Any ideas?
post #3045 of 3161 Old 07-04-2014, 09:17 AM

Green Screen

BD mkv, I'm getting a light green screen after a few minutes in and if I forward a bit into the movie everything is fine. At first I thought one bad movie but it happened again. Win7 hdmi out to JVC projector and hdmi out to 5.1. R9 270x video card. DVDs seem to play fine. I upgrade the video card and had to reload win7 so new build. GPU load is low. Any tips? Thanks.
post #3046 of 3161 Old 07-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmsamo View Post
oh got it.

Well, since now I use mpc-hc 32bit, I was thinking of installing all that stuff to ensure I get high quality (since I knew that madVR was only compatible with 32bit mpc-hc). So I installed that stuff (without the ReClock), but now the sound has once more disappeared. So here we are at the original problem once more I unistalled-reinstalled everything (bare mpc-hc and mpc-hc+madVR) but nothing. Any ideas?
Click on options, internal filters, audio decoder, uncheck everything under bitstream. Under mixing tab select mixing. Report back.

Theater set-up:  

AVR:  Pioneer VSX-820

Speakers:  5.1 consists of four NHT Classic Two bookshelf and an NHT TwoC center

Sub:  PSA-XV15

HTPC - ridiculously over-the-top, home-built gaming PC that I tinker with daily!

OTA antenna:  Winegard HD7698P

HDTV:  Sharp LC-60SQ15U

post #3047 of 3161 Old 07-05-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MlNDBOMB View Post

Optional - DTS-HD Decoding
By default, MPC-HC will only give you DTS quality if you try to decode DTS-HD audio tracks with it. You can still bitstream DTS-HD over HDMI since bitstreaming bypasses the decoder. You can get DTS-HD decoding by using a file found within arcsoft TMT software. Search the arcsoft TMT folder for a file called dtsdecoderdll.dll. Then copy this file into C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\LAVFilters.

To check if the dll is now being used, play a file with DTS or DTS-HD audio. Pause the video, then right click anywhere inside the video frame, go to filters, then click on lav audio decoder. In the upper left, it will state the codec.

By default, it will show DCA for both DTS and DTS-HD, but with the dll file, it will show DTS and DTS-HD. The codec section in lav audio is analogous to the decoder lights on a receiver btw.

Hi everyone!
First of all, thank you very much Mindbomb by the full guide!
I have only one noob question:

- If I do passthrough (bitstreaming) Audio (Laptop -> HDMI -> Receiver) and only use the MPC HC as movie player:

Should I do the dtsdecoderdll.dll file to listen DTS HD MA or DD HD?

- My Receiver displays "DTS HD MA" (when I hear a movie with that codec), but MPC HC shows "DCA". ¿I'm listening "DTS HD MA" or "DCA"?

Sorry for my poor english!!!!!
post #3048 of 3161 Old 07-06-2014, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to JDLIVE
If you are bitstreaming then your AVR is doing the decoding, so you don't need the dtsdecoderdll.dll file.
post #3049 of 3161 Old 07-06-2014, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I installed MPC-HC today as an external player ob XBMC, but have a couple of problems.

1. I don't get an option for "Play Using" to give me a choice of MPC or the standard XBMC player - its says MPC-HC is default?

2. I have smooth playback on MKVs which I have ripped from blu ray, but any tv shows in MKV won't playback smoothly, playback is very stuttery and jerky - any idea how to fix that - is it something to do with frame rates?

Display : JVC X500 Projector | 130" ReAct 2.1 2.35:1 Screen | Panasonic 65VT30 |
Sources : Oppo 103 D Multizone | Apple TV3 | HTPC | Sky HD | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Anthem MRX 510 | KEF R700 | KEF R600c | KEF E301 Sides & Rears | Paradigm Sub 1 |
Control : Harmony Ultimate |
post #3050 of 3161 Old 07-06-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLIVE View Post
If you are bitstreaming then your AVR is doing the decoding, so you don't need the dtsdecoderdll.dll file.
Thank you very much JDLive for answer my question!
Kisses from Argentina
post #3051 of 3161 Old 07-06-2014, 11:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenL View Post
I installed MPC-HC today as an external player ob XBMC, but have a couple of problems.

1. I don't get an option for "Play Using" to give me a choice of MPC or the standard XBMC player - its says MPC-HC is default?

2. I have smooth playback on MKVs which I have ripped from blu ray, but any tv shows in MKV won't playback smoothly, playback is very stuttery and jerky - any idea how to fix that - is it something to do with frame rates?
1. If the option is not available chances are either your 'advancedsettings xml' is incorrect, or its placed in the wrong location (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\xbmc\userdata) - note that 'app data' is a hidden folder. Paste up a copy of your advancedsetting file and we'll have a look.

2. May be, difficult to tell - do you have 'adjust refresh rate to match video' enabled? Might also want to check your audio settings - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911. If your still having problems you should consider asking the question at the xbmc forums, more likely to get a dev's attention there.
post #3052 of 3161 Old 07-07-2014, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

is the source interlace. a telecine source needs IVTC and interlaced source needs deinterlacing. this is not auto detected and by default deinterlacing is used (save) but this isn't removing the judder in telecine sources.
of course a refreshrate miss match without smooth motion creates a lot of judder so a refreshrate change is very important.
next problem could be your GPU can't handle higher frames rates than 24 hz with your current settings.
post #3053 of 3161 Old 07-07-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post
1. If the option is not available chances are either your 'advancedsettings xml' is incorrect, or its placed in the wrong location (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\xbmc\userdata) - note that 'app data' is a hidden folder. Paste up a copy of your advancedsetting file and we'll have a look.

2. May be, difficult to tell - do you have 'adjust refresh rate to match video' enabled? Might also want to check your audio settings - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911. If your still having problems you should consider asking the question at the xbmc forums, more likely to get a dev's attention there.
I can't see advanced settings.xml anywhere? Should it be in user dates, because it isn't?

Just going to check the other settings now.

Video is working in 1080 movie rips ok though, it's 720 tv shows which are juddery......

Display : JVC X500 Projector | 130" ReAct 2.1 2.35:1 Screen | Panasonic 65VT30 |
Sources : Oppo 103 D Multizone | Apple TV3 | HTPC | Sky HD | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Anthem MRX 510 | KEF R700 | KEF R600c | KEF E301 Sides & Rears | Paradigm Sub 1 |
post #3054 of 3161 Old 07-07-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
is the source interlace. a telecine source needs IVTC and interlaced source needs deinterlacing. this is not auto detected and by default deinterlacing is used (save) but this isn't removing the judder in telecine sources.
of course a refreshrate miss match without smooth motion creates a lot of judder so a refreshrate change is very important.
next problem could be your GPU can't handle higher frames rates than 24 hz with your current settings.
It's 720 tv shows - aren't they 24p I thought?

Like said, 1080 movies play just fine, so maybe that's pointing towards what you are suggesting?

post #3055 of 3161 Old 07-07-2014, 11:10 AM

Just noticed that the jerkiness only happens when I select fullscreen mode - it's ok when playing back in a window.

Does that narrow it down?

post #3056 of 3161 Old 07-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I can't see advanced settings.xml anywhere? Should it be in user dates, because it isn't?

Just going to check the other settings now.

Video is working in 1080 movie rips ok though, it's 720 tv shows which are juddery......
Sorry completely my bad. I meant your playercorefactory.xml, not an advancedsettings.xml. Paste up your playercorefactory.xml and I'll have a look. It should be in the same location as I quoted previously to work correctly and give you 'play using' as an option. Sorry again.
post #3057 of 3161 Old 07-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Just noticed that the jerkiness only happens when I select fullscreen mode - it's ok when playing back in a window.

Does that narrow it down?
Is the stuttery playback in xbmc or mpc-hc?
post #3058 of 3161 Old 07-07-2014, 11:21 AM

Got sorted, it was my DXVA setting.......

I guess I'm curious if this will definitely give me better playback than the XBMC Gotham standard player?

post #3059 of 3161 Old 07-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

What about the external player problem?
post #3060 of 3161 Old 07-07-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post
What about the external player problem?
I had Jinc 3 taps selected under image up scaling in Madvr settings - changed to DXVA ant it playing smoothly now.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page