Advanced MPC-HC Setup Guide - Page 106 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 11Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3151 of 3161 Old 08-17-2014, 06:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
mightyhuhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by renji1337 View Post
How would I setup MPC HC for using headphones?
the same way you set it up for stereo speaker.

so the same way just set the lavaudio filter mixer to stereo.
mightyhuhn is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3152 of 3161 Old 08-18-2014, 08:43 AM
z3d
Newbie
 
z3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all there

After trying for some days both Cyberlink PowerDVD and Arcsoft Total Media Theatre (TMT) and then coming back to MPC-HC+madvr made me think about some things.

As for 2D high-definition movies reproduction (bluray, mkv, etc) MPC is superior to "competitiors", but for 3D bluray (stereoscopic with active shutter glasses and 3d tv panasonic tv) it seems to me that TMT and PowerDVD are far better players; am I doing something wrong myself with any settings or do I need some more specific filters to add in mpc-hc?

The main concern to me is that both software give me a nice 3d-effect feeling, with objects popping out from my tv (how much and how many times depending pretty much from the movie) and coming to my face and a very good depth imaging while mpc-hc doesn't give to me the same feedback, expecially the 3d-pop out effect.

What do you think about that?

Thank you for the help and as always for all the informations and guides found there
z3d is offline  
post #3153 of 3161 Old 08-18-2014, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
Roussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NW USA
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3d View Post
Hi all there

After trying for some days both Cyberlink PowerDVD and Arcsoft Total Media Theatre (TMT) and then coming back to MPC-HC+madvr made me think about some things.

As for 2D high-definition movies reproduction (bluray, mkv, etc) MPC is superior to "competitiors", but for 3D bluray (stereoscopic with active shutter glasses and 3d tv panasonic tv) it seems to me that TMT and PowerDVD are far better players; am I doing something wrong myself with any settings or do I need some more specific filters to add in mpc-hc?

The main concern to me is that both software give me a nice 3d-effect feeling, with objects popping out from my tv (how much and how many times depending pretty much from the movie) and coming to my face and a very good depth imaging while mpc-hc doesn't give to me the same feedback, expecially the 3d-pop out effect.

What do you think about that?

Thank you for the help and as always for all the informations and guides found there
MPC does not do 3D; it plays the BD3D in 2D. You see a 2D-to-3D conversion by the TV.
Roussi is offline  
post #3154 of 3161 Old 08-18-2014, 02:09 PM
z3d
Newbie
 
z3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Oh okay, now I see!

So for the reproduction of 3D bluray which software do you advise to use, which will not cause any troubles and conflicts with my current MPC-HC setup?
z3d is offline  
post #3155 of 3161 Old 08-18-2014, 09:01 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
renethx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,112
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3d View Post
Oh okay, now I see!

So for the reproduction of 3D bluray which software do you advise to use, which will not cause any troubles and conflicts with my current MPC-HC setup?
As for 3D MVC MKV, Stereoscopic Player by 3dtv.at is the only player that can decode MVC and output 3D (in various formats, Frame Packing, SBS, etc.). If your graphics card is NVIDIA, you will have to buy NVIDIA's 3DTV Play, $40, to get Frame Packing 3D. AMD graphics cards are reported to have a problem. Intel is good.

You can play BR 3D ISO with any of PowerDVD, TMT, Stereoscopic Player (but with the same problems as above).
renethx is offline  
post #3156 of 3161 Old 08-18-2014, 11:41 PM
z3d
Newbie
 
z3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you renethx for your advices

I have a NVIDIA graphic card (gtx 680), it will be the same for me to install Stereoscopic Player (3dtv.at) instead of Nvidia 3dPlay (I gave it a try some weeks ago with the trial version but I had problems with it and uninstalled asap) or the other mentioned softwares?

My main concern is the correct reproduction of 3D Bluray (original); honestly, online 3d contents, mkv mvc 3d video, youtube 3d and other stuff is way less important to me.
z3d is offline  
post #3157 of 3161 Old 08-19-2014, 12:00 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
renethx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,112
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Stereoscopic Player (3dtv.at) is independent of 3DTV Play. You will need the latter to enable Frame Packing 3D output with Stereoscopic Player + NVIDIA GPU (you don't need it with PowerDVD/TMT + NVIDIA GPU, however). 3DTV Play is included in NVIDIA GPU driver, you will need a $40 license to use it beyond the trial period.

Last edited by renethx; 08-19-2014 at 12:03 AM.
renethx is offline  
post #3158 of 3161 Old 08-19-2014, 04:23 AM
z3d
Newbie
 
z3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Ok, now I understand; so it's either Stereoscopic Player (3dtv.at) + Nvidia 3DTV Play or full players like Arcsoft TMT / PowerDVD Ultra.

Quality wise, are there any differences between both setups? Which one is recommended?

As for Stereo player (3dtv.at), do you advise using 2.1.4 stable version or 2.2.9 Beta version instead?

Thank you for all these informations
z3d is offline  
post #3159 of 3161 Old 08-19-2014, 04:35 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
renethx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,112
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 358
There is no quality difference. Stereoscopic Player + 3DTV Play is pretty expensive. If you already have PowerDVD, stick to it (with ISO). Otherwise whichever. With Stereoscopic Player for 3D and MPC-BE/HC for 2D, you can have all your video files in MKV format, that's a kind of advantage (?). Stereoscopic Player 2.2.9 is a lot better than the official release.

Last edited by renethx; 08-19-2014 at 04:40 AM.
renethx is offline  
post #3160 of 3161 Old 08-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Senior Member
 
dvzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Perhaps this is a corner case for many but I am running it with it a lot using stock Intel iGPU. When watching 1080i30/29 or 1080i50 music video movies, MadVR does not seem to know how to select correct colorspace. I have my system setup to 0-255 everywhere but with interlaced content blacks are washed out in this setup. I have tried to reach Madshi on Doom9 but I did not get much in terms of answers. Has anyone figured out how to setup madVR correctly with Intel iGPU 4600 to avoid washed out blacks with Interlaced content.

Thanks.
dvzzz is offline  
post #3161 of 3161 Old 08-30-2014, 10:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
mightyhuhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvzzz View Post
Perhaps this is a corner case for many but I am running it with it a lot using stock Intel iGPU. When watching 1080i30/29 or 1080i50 music video movies, MadVR does not seem to know how to select correct colorspace. I have my system setup to 0-255 everywhere but with interlaced content blacks are washed out in this setup. I have tried to reach Madshi on Doom9 but I did not get much in terms of answers. Has anyone figured out how to setup madVR correctly with Intel iGPU 4600 to avoid washed out blacks with Interlaced content.

Thanks.
should be a problem with dxva deinterlacing try software deinterlacing from lav.

and most important think about a bug report
http://bugs.madshi.net/

madshi will be back soon and there is no way he will not see this bug report.
mightyhuhn is online now  
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off