Advanced MPC-HC Setup Guide - Page 117 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #3481 of 3502 Old 06-17-2015, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I updated the guide for the first time in a while. The changes from last time are that arcsoft dts-hd decoder is no longer needed since lav audio can decode it natively now, I'm suggesting dxva copyback for hardware video decode in general (seems to work the same as cuvid for the most part, quicksync is buggy sometimes I hear), I decided to go back to the MPC-HC's internal subtitle renderer from xy-subfilter (they are both good though), I'm suggesting super-xbr image doubling for ppl with fast gpus since it seems well received by many people in the madvr thread, and I removed the section on error diffusion cause I think it was a bit too esoteric and doesn't really matter too much.
jhughy2010 and yukinok25 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3482 of 3502 Old 06-17-2015, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MlNDBOMB View Post
I updated the guide for the first time in a while. The changes from last time are that arcsoft dts-hd decoder is no longer needed since lav audio can decode it natively now, I'm suggesting dxva copyback for hardware video decode in general (seems to work the same as cuvid for the most part, quicksync is buggy sometimes I hear), I decided to go back to the MPC-HC's internal subtitle renderer from xy-subfilter (they are both good though), I'm suggesting super-xbr image doubling for ppl with fast gpus since it seems well received by many people in the madvr thread, and I removed the section on error diffusion cause I think it was a bit too esoteric and doesn't really matter too much.
Thank you very much for your work, your guide has been very helpful to me. [emoji106]

Just a suggestion, since MadVR support 64bit, would it be worth it to mention it?

Last edited by yukinok25; 06-17-2015 at 07:26 PM.
post #3483 of 3502 Old 06-17-2015, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Nice work. Is there a way to autoenable dxva insted of starting playing video then ->filters->lav video decoder
post #3484 of 3502 Old 06-18-2015, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukinok25 View Post
Thank you very much for your work, your guide has been very helpful to me. [emoji106]

Just a suggestion, since MadVR support 64bit, would it be worth it to mention it?
Right now, since I have a section on reclock, I'm gonna stick with the 32 bit versions of everything. There's a new audio renderer for mpc hc coming out that might replace reclock, so once that happens, then I'll go with 64 bit. The real benefit is gonna be that lav video's software decoding is faster in 64 bit. For people who use hardware decode, there is no difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDorian View Post
Nice work. Is there a way to autoenable dxva insted of starting playing video then ->filters->lav video decoder
You only have to select it once. Maybe you have multiple installs of mpc hc, so the settings are separate between them? Also, it only works on certain formats, such as 8 bit h264. The player does tell you when hardware acceleration is in use - in the bottom left corner, it will say Playing [H/W] instead of just Playing
yukinok25 likes this.

Last edited by MlNDBOMB; 06-18-2015 at 08:03 AM.
post #3485 of 3502 Old 06-19-2015, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Many thanks for the update, I've been inspired to reinstall my HTPC from scratch with MP1.11.

Quick question: How can I change the font size of the Titan skin? My old version had an option for this but 1.11 doesn't seem to.
post #3486 of 3502 Old 06-20-2015, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Right now, since I have a section on reclock, I'm gonna stick with the 32 bit versions of everything. There's a new audio renderer for mpc hc coming out that might replace reclock, so once that happens, then I'll go with 64 bit. The real benefit is gonna be that lav video's software decoding is faster in 64 bit. For people who use hardware decode, there is no difference.

You only have to select it once. Maybe you have multiple installs of mpc hc, so the settings are separate between them?
Ofc. i have not. Its just a bug probably.
post #3487 of 3502 Old 06-20-2015, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Big issue with reclock and MPC-HC right now. I run triple monitors but one of them is a HDTV in my living room, when I open MPC and then launch a video in fullscreen, it then switches to my HDTV which runs at 24hz, but reclock is yellow and says "cannot sync this cinema video to your hardware. Please set your monitor refresh rate near to a multiple of 24hz" My issue is my TV is 24hz! If i click where it says speed and reclick auto again, reclock switches to green. How do i fix this and make it green immediately?
post #3488 of 3502 Old 06-21-2015, 01:05 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Need little bit help! I can`t get DTS HD MA sound working right, sure sound comes, but... In my AVR it says DTS. When playing movie, in the madvr control thing it says audio track: dts hd ma 48.000hz, 5.1, 1536kb/s. Why is this? Very annoying. I did everything right what was on the main page. Dolby TrueHD works fine, in the AVR it says it too.

Win7 64-bit
Harman Kardon AVR 255 with HDMI cable to GeForce 650Ti OC
MadVr
MPC HC 1.7.8
ArcSoft DTS Decoder.dll 1.1.0.9 (copied to Mpc Hc LAV Filters)

Thanks!

Last edited by Mr_Hifi; 06-21-2015 at 01:15 AM.
post #3489 of 3502 Old 06-21-2015, 02:23 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Question for MADVR / ATI user:

I just read that I have to setup madvr to 0-255 to avoid clipping and have to set 16-235 at graficcard output. Where do I have to set this?

How do you Ati guys set your htpc up?
post #3490 of 3502 Old 06-21-2015, 02:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset1982 View Post

I just read that I have to setup madvr to 0-255 to avoid clipping and have to set 16-235 at graficcard output. Where do I have to set this?

please link your source.

i personally have a full full range RGB chain with my TV.
post #3491 of 3502 Old 06-21-2015, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
quick question - I installed madvr mpc-hc on a new computer and the taps section is grayed out when I select jinc - any ideas?

tia
post #3492 of 3502 Old 06-21-2015, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawnr6 View Post
quick question - I installed madvr mpc-hc on a new computer and the taps section is grayed out when I select jinc - any ideas?

tia
4 tab and 8 tab has be removed. they are bad scaler that's why. same for some other scaler.
post #3493 of 3502 Old 06-21-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:

I use my TV exclusively for only TV so I have my graphics card set as 0-255, and then mad mvr as 16-235, as my TV only takes 16-235 (it does not do 0-255 and most tv's actually don't)

This above method lets me see all WTW and BTB information in movies, but if i was to lets say play a game on said tv via my computer, it would look washed out.

0-255 for everything is best if you are using it for watching/playing games/browsing, if its exclusively anime/blurays and stuff then 0-255 Gfx card, and 16-235 madvr
post #3494 of 3502 Old 06-21-2015, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by renji1337 View Post
Big issue with reclock and MPC-HC right now. I run triple monitors but one of them is a HDTV in my living room, when I open MPC and then launch a video in fullscreen, it then switches to my HDTV which runs at 24hz, but reclock is yellow and says "cannot sync this cinema video to your hardware. Please set your monitor refresh rate near to a multiple of 24hz" My issue is my TV is 24hz! If i click where it says speed and reclick auto again, reclock switches to green. How do i fix this and make it green immediately?
interesting. if you go into filters> reclock, you can see if it is detecting the video fps and monitor refresh rate correctly. Maybe it just needs some time initially. Also, there are some options for monitor detection in config reclock> video settings that might help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Hifi View Post
Need little bit help! I can`t get DTS HD MA sound working right, sure sound comes, but... In my AVR it says DTS. When playing movie, in the madvr control thing it says audio track: dts hd ma 48.000hz, 5.1, 1536kb/s. Why is this? Very annoying. I did everything right what was on the main page. Dolby TrueHD works fine, in the AVR it says it too.

Win7 64-bit
MadVr
MPC HC 1.7.8

Thanks!
So, just a heads up, with mpc hc 1.7.9, you don't need that dll file anymore, since it can decode it natively now. And that only helps for decoding to pcm on your pc, not for bitstreaming. I think you should check if the file actually has dts-hd audio. What you are reading is actually just the file track name, and that can be accidentally mislabeled with the wrong codec. You can check the codecs the file actually has by going into mpc hc>file>properties>mediainfo tab.

Quote:

It gets confusing cause there are 3 settings. The madvr setting (device properties), the graphics card hdmi settings, and the tv hdmi settings. Check with a calibration video, since I can't recall the ideal combination, though I think renji nailed it with his description.

Last edited by MlNDBOMB; 06-21-2015 at 03:38 PM.
post #3495 of 3502 Old 06-21-2015, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
0-255 for everything is best if you are using it for watching/playing games/browsing, if its exclusively anime/blurays and stuff then 0-255 Gfx card, and 16-235 madvr
if 0-255 is possible it is technically always better.

madVR at 16-235 is only an option for TV that can't do full range RGB most TV can do full range RGB.

samsung, sony, LG, phillips and panasonic (and i'm pretty sure way more TV producer have an option for that.)can do full range on nearly all of there screens most screens are sold by LG and samsung.
post #3496 of 3502 Old 06-23-2015, 03:54 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
2 questions. I just upgraded my GPU to a GTX 980Ti from a GTX 670 in my main PC which I use HDMI cable hooked up to TV for media playback at that location.

Someone else mentioned under the image upscaling Jinc is greyed out so you can't select 3 taps do we just select Jinc then. Since my GPU is high end card what is the best setting's to set for everything I've been just following the guide but I wasn't sure where the limit was for better cards if anything else could or should be changed.

After upgrading GPU I had issue's with dropped frames when in fullscreen exclusive where it was dropping frames every second. Now the GPU was plenty to handle either one was so I uninstalled GPU drivers and reinstalled. Had the same problem. This time I uninstalled MPC-HC and then the GPU drivers everything I could find on them and reinstalled reset settings and looks to be good again. I am using dxva copyback now instead of Nvidia Cuvid after reinstalling MPC-HC not sure if that would of been a cause. What would cause that just a buggy file somewhere in the install/uninstall.
post #3497 of 3502 Old 06-23-2015, 04:13 AM
AVS Special Member

jinc is now always 3 tabs. in the end you have to find out what looks best to you by yourself.
post #3498 of 3502 Old 06-23-2015, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I think jinc is generally considered better, but I use lanczos. Jinc has less aliasing, but lanczos is sharper.

Last edited by MlNDBOMB; 06-23-2015 at 09:58 AM.
post #3499 of 3502 Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Hifi View Post

Win7 64-bit
MadVr
MPC HC 1.7.8

Thanks!
I have the same issue, however, the movie usually starts with the DTS-HD displayed on the reciever, then about an hour later or less I'll notice the reciever just says DTS. If I stop the movie, close MPC (which puts me in the Emby app for WMC) then play something like the news in WMC then go back in and resume the movie the HD is back.

This issue started when I went to 64 bit MPC versus 32 bit.
post #3500 of 3502 Unread Today, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
if 0-255 is possible it is technically always better.

madVR at 16-235 is only an option for TV that can't do full range RGB most TV can do full range RGB.

samsung, sony, LG, phillips and panasonic (and i'm pretty sure way more TV producer have an option for that.)can do full range on nearly all of there screens most screens are sold by LG and samsung.

Ahh, I have a sharp Aquos and 2 Vizio tv's, neither can do 0-255 so i guess those two brands just cant, i mean when set to 0-255 the colors change and stuff, but theres no actual tv setting for it.

Last edited by renji1337; Today at 06:22 AM.
post #3501 of 3502 Unread Today, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Ahh, I have a sharp Aquos and 2 Vizio tv's, neither can do 0-255 so i guess those two brands just cant
at least 3 sharps can do this: http://community.us.playstation.com/.../td-p/30696371

you may just need to find the correct option for this.
post #3502 of 3502 Unread Today, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
at least 3 sharps can do this: http://community.us.playstation.com/.../td-p/30696371

you may just need to find the correct option for this.

I personally asked vizio and none of there tv's support it o_o
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page