Advanced MPC-HC Setup Guide - Page 120 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 60Likes
post #3571 of 3575 Old 08-27-2015, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just giving my earlier post a bump - would love any ideas or advice. If there would be a more appropriate thread or forum to post this question in, please let me know. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso101 View Post
I'm having trouble switching between headphones & HDMI audio using ReClock with MPC-HC.

I have everything set up according to this guide. The trouble is that when a video is playing and I plug in headphones, the audio doesn't automatically switch from HDMI out to the headphones. If I stop the video, close MPC-HC and start it again, then I'll have headphone audio. But then if I unplug the headphones, I won't get HDMI audio. I need to close and reopen the player again for it to switch.

I solved the problem by switching MPC-HC's audio renderer setting from ReClock to system default - everything works fine and I can plug in & unplug headphones and the audio will switch appropriately.

So, is this an inherent limitation of ReClock, or is there a way I can both use ReClock AND be able to easily switch between headphones & HDMI audio?

I'm running Windows 8.1, wiwth RealTek audio drivers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3572 of 3575 Old 08-30-2015, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I noticed that xySubFilter is no longer included in the guide, is MPC's internal renderer better now? I don't quite understand the difference in the first place...
post #3573 of 3575 Old 08-30-2015, 10:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked: 177
xy subfilter is still better but it's not a huge thing. 99% of all user doesn't gain anything.
post #3574 of 3575 Old 08-30-2015, 11:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 95
I am on windows 10. Does anyone have any idea why my monitor turns on by itself. I switch the power off manually. Then hours later it's back on.
post #3575 of 3575 Unread Today, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Is there any setting or tweak that will make scrubbing/seeking real time? When I drag the seek bar with my mouse, it doesn't scrub by frame, it just jumps around in long intervals based on where I start/stop. I've tried unchecking and checking everything related to fast seek, and setting jump distances to 0ms, but nothing seems to alleviate the behavior. With a 4790k/970 on an SSD, I can only assume this isn't hardware or horsepower related. I'm using basically default settings, no MadVR or anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page