Advanced MPC-HC Setup Guide - Page 133 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 126Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3961 of 4126 Old 03-17-2016, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
SteelWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 626
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Other than for Reclock why wouldn't you bitstream? You have to to get 5.1 over coax/optical don't you? And you're keeping any mixers ahead of the AVR from mucking with the sound.

nite244, it may help if you post any related settings from VLC since it's working in that.
SteelWill is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3962 of 4126 Old 03-17-2016, 06:46 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelWill View Post
Other than for Reclock why wouldn't you bitstream?
I tend to agree with this sentiment. I've been using bitstreaming for years on other HTPCs via HDMI (this is my first go at MPC-HC) and thought I'd continue the trend as it's worked well for me in the past. I can appreciate the appeal for Reclock, but it just adds more complexity to the system that's already giving me grief and I'm unsure if I would personally see any improvement.

I'm connecting my Intel NUC (HTPC) to the AVR over HDMI and then HDMI from the AVR to the TV. Picture looks great from MPC-HC and 1080p24 is working bang-on via the madVR config on the first page (auto switching when I start a video). Not sure if there are issues with MPC-HC/madVR and bitstreaming with 1080p24..?

From another post, here is the error message if I use Playback -> Output -> Audio Renderer of 1 through 5, with option 8 giving no errors, but no audio either. (see attachments)

(sorry the screenshots are attachments, still learning how to work this forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelWill View Post
nite244, it may help if you post any related settings from VLC since it's working in that.
To get bitstreaming working on VLC on my system, was reasonably straightforward.

Go to options -> Audio and change Output Module to "DirectX audio output" and check "Use S/PDIF when available" even though its going over HDMI. Save and you're off and running.

Thanks for everyone's help so far - please let me know what other details would be helpful!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	audio renderer device.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1321505   Click image for larger version

Name:	audio renderer system default etc error.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1321513   Click image for larger version

Name:	audio renderer options.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1321521  
nite244 is offline  
post #3963 of 4126 Old 03-17-2016, 07:43 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Ok, making a bit a progress after messing around with turning off bitstreaming so I had at least some audio to watch the videos with.

Turning back on all the bitstreaming options, I've found that if a video track has two audio tracks (one DTS or AC3, for example and another Stereo), if I switch between the two (go to stereo and then back to DTS) while playing the video, bitstreaming is enabled and I get the bitstreamed audio track as I would expect. The stereo track seems to work the first time but is not bitstreamed.

If the video track only has 1 audio track (eg. DTS or AC3), I can't change the audio track (of course) and therefore can't get the bitstream track to enable.

Ideas?

Thanks!
nite244 is offline  
post #3964 of 4126 Old 03-17-2016, 10:43 PM
Senior Member
 
mifronte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Somewhere in the US of A
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I updated to MPC-HC 1.7.10 (x86) by running the installer.

Then I upaded tp madVR v0.90.15 by running the uninstall.bat, deleting all files in the madVR folder, extracting the new madVR zip, and then running the install.bat.

Then at the beginning of playback, I see a message that the xy-VSFilter is outdated. So I ran the Uninstall_VSFilter.bat, deleted all files in the xy-VSFilter folder, extracted the xy-VSFilter 3.0.0.306 (x86), and then running the Install_VSFilter.bat.

Now the subtitle will not be display. I tried checking the MPC-HC Playback settings to ensure that the autoload subtitle option is not check, but that option is no longer available.

Can someone suggest what I can do to get subtitles to display? I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Edit:
Problem solved. Looked like I installed xy-VSFilter instead of xySubFilter. Once I installed xySubFilter, subtitles are now displaying.

Still Learning

Last edited by mifronte; 03-17-2016 at 10:58 PM.
mifronte is offline  
post #3965 of 4126 Old 03-18-2016, 12:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Onkyoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by nite244 View Post
Ok, making a bit a progress after messing around with turning off bitstreaming so I had at least some audio to watch the videos with.

Turning back on all the bitstreaming options, I've found that if a video track has two audio tracks (one DTS or AC3, for example and another Stereo), if I switch between the two (go to stereo and then back to DTS) while playing the video, bitstreaming is enabled and I get the bitstreamed audio track as I would expect. The stereo track seems to work the first time but is not bitstreamed.

If the video track only has 1 audio track (eg. DTS or AC3), I can't change the audio track (of course) and therefore can't get the bitstream track to enable.

Ideas?

Thanks!
Bitstreaming is supposed to be so simple. Have you checked to make sure your AVR is the default/active audio device in Windows?

You may have to try another audio renderer. The only one I know is ReClock. The ReClock control panel says bitstreaming is not recommended but this can be ignored.
Onkyoman is offline  
post #3966 of 4126 Old 03-18-2016, 04:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
SteelWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 626
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Have you tried unticking mpc-hc's audio switcher? It looks like the source of that warning pic and having it enabled isn't strictly necessary.

Also, I hadn't noticed before, but it looks like there are two places to set the audio renderer: output and internal filters/audio renderer. And on the machine I'm looking at now the options don't overlap. Edit: Oh, I see now, that second one sets the actual hardware device. Potential source of conflict maybe?

Last edited by SteelWill; 03-18-2016 at 04:27 AM.
SteelWill is offline  
post #3967 of 4126 Old 03-18-2016, 09:22 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkyoman View Post
Bitstreaming is supposed to be so simple. Have you checked to make sure your AVR is the default/active audio device in Windows?
I would have swore the same thing, that bitstreaming was easy, as I've had nothing but great experiences in the past (eg. easy to enable), but obviously this one is being a bit of a beast.

I did double check the Win7 default audio device and it is indeed my AVR (good to double check though, thanks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkyoman View Post
You may have to try another audio renderer. The only one I know is ReClock. The ReClock control panel says bitstreaming is not recommended but this can be ignored.
Thinking about this overnight, I'm wondering if the issue is at the AVR level, where when MPC-HC sends the signal to the AVR to switch video modes (eg to 1080p24), I notice the AVR seems like it waits a short bit (about 1-2 seconds) and then responds to commands again. I'm wondering if at the same time MPC-HC is sending the information to switch to DTS bitstream (for example), but the AVR is ignoring it, as MPC-HC is essentially sending the commands too fast for this AVR (Onkyo TX-SR608). I'm also thinking this as well, because when I can toggle between audio tracks (eg DTS to stereo to DTS), bitstreaming gets enabled on the AVR and works fine after I toggle the tracks, but that's because the AVR is already finished switching video modes (and whatever else it does at that time).

Related to that, would ReClock help in that scenario (allow adjustment of when the bitstream "command" is sent to the AVR) or is it the same as the other audio renderers? Is there an advanced setting in MPC-HC unrelated to ReClock that might allow me to adjust this timing? Or am I going down a dead end path?

Ideas on things I could try?

Thanks!
nite244 is offline  
post #3968 of 4126 Old 03-18-2016, 09:33 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelWill View Post
Have you tried unticking mpc-hc's audio switcher? It looks like the source of that warning pic and having it enabled isn't strictly necessary.
I did try disabling it once, but it didn't change the situation (eg bitstream didn't enable on the AVR). As there were no other features enabled by default in the audio switcher, I just re-enabled it and left it alone, as I wasn't sure what it does (it's current state). Not sure if this audio switcher would help with what I'm assuming might be a MPC-HC / AVR command timing issue (see most recent post/reply from myself)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelWill View Post
Also, I hadn't noticed before, but it looks like there are two places to set the audio renderer: output and internal filters/audio renderer. And on the machine I'm looking at now the options don't overlap. Edit: Oh, I see now, that second one sets the actual hardware device. Potential source of conflict maybe?
I can appreciate the screenshots may have been a bit misleading - those were to show more about the error I'd see (as someone had asked what the error was) if tried to use options 1-5 in the Audio Render, which is not what I'm using at the moment with my recent partial successes in bitstreaming (see previous posts).

I'm currently using option 8:Internal Audio Renderer, and have the AVR/HDMI chosen everywhere I could find it - if there's some obscure spot most people miss that I should check, please let me know!

Thanks!
nite244 is offline  
post #3969 of 4126 Old 03-18-2016, 02:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Sammy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Right next to Wineville, CA
Posts: 10,450
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Does anyone know if MPC-HC / LAV / madVR will playback UltraViolet video sent to it from a source such as Playon or Playon through Emby's PlayOn Plug-in? I'm getting ready to add in VUDU to PlayOn in order to have a pay per view video library for my wife. She's more impatient than me as I'm willing to wait but she wants it available now for instant consumption.

Sammy2 is offline  
post #3970 of 4126 Old 03-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Onkyoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by nite244 View Post
I would have swore the same thing, that bitstreaming was easy, as I've had nothing but great experiences in the past (eg. easy to enable), but obviously this one is being a bit of a beast.

I did double check the Win7 default audio device and it is indeed my AVR (good to double check though, thanks)



Thinking about this overnight, I'm wondering if the issue is at the AVR level, where when MPC-HC sends the signal to the AVR to switch video modes (eg to 1080p24), I notice the AVR seems like it waits a short bit (about 1-2 seconds) and then responds to commands again. I'm wondering if at the same time MPC-HC is sending the information to switch to DTS bitstream (for example), but the AVR is ignoring it, as MPC-HC is essentially sending the commands too fast for this AVR (Onkyo TX-SR608). I'm also thinking this as well, because when I can toggle between audio tracks (eg DTS to stereo to DTS), bitstreaming gets enabled on the AVR and works fine after I toggle the tracks, but that's because the AVR is already finished switching video modes (and whatever else it does at that time).

Related to that, would ReClock help in that scenario (allow adjustment of when the bitstream "command" is sent to the AVR) or is it the same as the other audio renderers? Is there an advanced setting in MPC-HC unrelated to ReClock that might allow me to adjust this timing? Or am I going down a dead end path?

Ideas on things I could try?

Thanks!
ReClock is like any other audio renderer. But it is worth a try.
Onkyoman is offline  
post #3971 of 4126 Old 03-18-2016, 04:54 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkyoman View Post
ReClock is like any other audio renderer. But it is worth a try.
May have to try it - just uncertain if it will change the timing as to when the bitstreaming signal is sent to the AVR telling the AVR to switch to DTS, AC3, etc mode.

I did find a workaround in the meantime though. If I stop the video, load another video, it will re-send the bitstream info to the AVR and then the audio is working on that new video. Stopping again and re-loading the original video again re-sends the bitstream info the AVR and now I get audio. This seems to work as it's not switching video modes (eg always in 1080p24) as I haven't closed MPC-HC. Once I close MPC-HC, it'll switch back to the default computer video mode (1080p60), which in turn updates the AVR.

Of course with videos that have two audio tracks, the better workaround is to switch between audio tracks, as that also re-sends the bitstream info to the AVR. Sadly those video files with only have 1 audio track need the above method.

Crummy way to have to go about this, but best I can figure out in the short term.

That said, does anyone else have any other ideas?

Thanks!
nite244 is offline  
post #3972 of 4126 Old 03-18-2016, 05:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
SteelWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 626
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by nite244 View Post
That said, does anyone else have any other ideas?

Thanks!
Just two. Disable any other digital outputs in control panel->sound except for the specific one you're trying to use. And try unticking the AC3 & DTS internal filters in mpc-hc.

Edit: If you play something without switching to 1080p24 do you get sound?

Last edited by SteelWill; 03-18-2016 at 05:14 PM.
SteelWill is offline  
post #3973 of 4126 Old 03-18-2016, 10:01 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelWill View Post
Just two. Disable any other digital outputs in control panel->sound except for the specific one you're trying to use. And try unticking the AC3 & DTS internal filters in mpc-hc.
I tried disabling the options you mentioned (see attached screenshots), but unfortunately no luck. I think the problem still sits between MPC-HC sending the bitstream information around the same time as the video mode switch and the AVR likely just ignoring it while it finishes switching video modes. See below for more on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelWill View Post
Edit: If you play something without switching to 1080p24 do you get sound?
I was playing around with that a bit yesterday trying to test what I could while I was testing the other features. One problem is I couldn't find a sample file on the internet (as I don't have one locally) that is 1080p60 with AC3 or DTS. I noticed after playing a 1080p60 file with just stereo audio though that what I assume is madVR, always sends out a "switch video mode" signal to the AVR, even if it's still the same mode you're currently in.

More specifically, my computer (Intel NUC HTPC) defaults it's output as 1080p60 for regular web browsing, etc. If I play a 1080p60 file in MPC-HC, as soon as I open the file in MPC-HC, it sends a "switch video mode" signal to the AVR to change it to 1080p60, even though that is redundant (I assume it does that to be safe and make sure it's in the right video mode). This would trigger the same problem as 1080p24, as the AVR is stuck (1-2 seconds worth) in "switch video mode" limbo and doesn't seem to accept additional commands during this time.

If I'm correct that it's madVR sending out the "switch video mode" signal to the AVR, is there a way to adjust madVR that might work in my favor? Such as somehow wait a short bit, so the audio mode change happens first (eg. immediate) and then the video mode changes comes in right after that (eg 1-2 seconds later, maybe even less)? Just some ideas that are coming to mind ...

Thanks for everyone's input so far!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	internal filters - disable ac3 dts.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	1323481   Click image for larger version

Name:	control panel sound.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1323489  
nite244 is offline  
post #3974 of 4126 Old 03-18-2016, 11:17 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
More testing that helped produced some a more narrowed focus.

I didn't really notice originally, but the majority of the files I have use DTS audio tracks. I stumbled across an AC3 audio track by chance tonight (I assumed I had already tested with one, but turns out not) and it worked fine, bitstreaming, the first time. So from what I can tell from that test, it's narrowed to DTS audio tracks and not everything with bitstreaming (just everything I was testing prior to this was DTS, contrary to what I had thought). Which helps a bit, but I get the feeling there may not be a fix for this as it's a very specific situation. At least it's not necessarily my AVR (still could be), as AC3 bitstreaming seems to be working fine.

I'm still hopeful someone else may have run into this sort of issue before, but not holding my breath just the same.

Thanks!
nite244 is offline  
post #3975 of 4126 Old 03-19-2016, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
SteelWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 626
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Well, it sounds like you could set mpc-hc to decode DTS to pcm, then use Reclock to reencode that to AC3. Not sure if that gets you where you want to be though. In any event getting Reclock into the mix and seeing where that gets you might really be the only option left.
SteelWill is offline  
post #3976 of 4126 Old 03-19-2016, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mightyhuhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,301
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 220
you are using HDMI rght?

why should you reencode?
check the properties of your TX-SR608 under sound devices and check supported formats.
mightyhuhn is offline  
post #3977 of 4126 Old 03-19-2016, 08:51 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelWill View Post
Well, it sounds like you could set mpc-hc to decode DTS to pcm, then use Reclock to reencode that to AC3. Not sure if that gets you where you want to be though. In any event getting Reclock into the mix and seeing where that gets you might really be the only option left.
DTS does eventually work though, but I have to either toggle tracks (in the case of a two audio track video file) or I have to load the video file with DTS, stop playback, load another file, stop playback again and then re-load the original video file with DTS, which then enables DTS on the AVR and I'm off and running.

For context, in VLC, it works right the first time on DTS tracks, but the important step I believe is that it doesn't change video modes (which is my assumption as to why this whole this is an issue - certainly could be wrong though).
nite244 is offline  
post #3978 of 4126 Old 03-19-2016, 09:04 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
you are using HDMI rght?
why should you reencode?
check the properties of your TX-SR608 under sound devices and check supported formats.
HDMI, yes, that correct.

Attached is a screenshot of TX-SR608 from the control panel - all the supported formats I was expecting to see for this AVR, including the DTS ones.

As mentioned in previous posts, DTS does work from this Intel NUC to the AVR (via HDMI), but for whatever reason with MPC-HC, I have to re-trigger it to happen a second time before the AVR recognizes the command. I haven't been able to find much about this online yet, so I'm assuming there is a bit of a bug with how DTS sends out its bitstreaming commands and how this AVR receives them. Not a wide spread problem, which is good for everyone, but unfortunately doesn't solve my issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	onkyo tx-sr608 support formats.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1325417  
nite244 is offline  
post #3979 of 4126 Old 03-21-2016, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mightyhuhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,301
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 220
everything looks totally fine.

did you tried different GPU driver?

you have full PCM support from the receiver so live encoding is not needed.
mightyhuhn is offline  
post #3980 of 4126 Old 03-21-2016, 06:40 AM
Newbie
 
colklink14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi All,

Thanks to everyone for making this a great resource for us enjoy tv viewing. I have a Vizio M-43, and just got my gtx960

A couple of questions

In lav filters, do I use dxva2 copy back or Nvidia CLVID, I thought I somewhere that the NVidia setting has features that will not work.

Also I noticed when switching between these, MP$ get greyed out, or vp9 is greyed out. Which is preferred?

Should I madvr to scale to 2160 or let the vizio scale from 1080.

If that s the case, I cannot get to 2160 (info button on viso) even though I have set the display does entry correctly.

A loot of question, but thanks in advance
colklink14 is offline  
post #3981 of 4126 Old 03-21-2016, 11:37 AM
VBB
AVS Special Member
 
VBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 2,120
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 962 Post(s)
Liked: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by colklink14 View Post
Hi All,

Thanks to everyone for making this a great resource for us enjoy tv viewing. I have a Vizio M-43, and just got my gtx960

A couple of questions

In lav filters, do I use dxva2 copy back or Nvidia CLVID, I thought I somewhere that the NVidia setting has features that will not work.

Also I noticed when switching between these, MP$ get greyed out, or vp9 is greyed out. Which is preferred?

Should I madvr to scale to 2160 or let the vizio scale from 1080.

If that s the case, I cannot get to 2160 (info button on viso) even though I have set the display does entry correctly.

A loot of question, but thanks in advance
Don't use CUVID. Use DXVA2 copy back. The 960 has hardware support for pretty much everything, so it's OK to check all the boxes in LAV Video. Set your PC output to 3840x2160 and let madVR do all the scaling. It's way better than what the TV can do. Make sure you set madVR to switch to the content's native frame rate. The Vizio supports 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, 50, 59, and 60. If you have everything setup correctly, the TV's info will say 2160.

Henry
Vizio M70-C3, Sharp LC-70LE857U
Onkyo HT-RC360
Synology DS1813+ & DX513 x2
X-Rite i1Display Pro, ArgyllCMS, DisplayCAL, madVR, HCFR
HTPC running Kodi with MPC-HC + madVR, Plex for remote streaming
VBB is offline  
post #3982 of 4126 Old 03-22-2016, 05:34 AM
Member
 
clenathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Audio synching

Intel NUC > AVR > TV all via HDMI. I have a delay of ~200ms and the auto-sync box is unchecked in the LAV audio settings. When playback starts everything is in sync but as soon as I start skipping around media file - fast forwarding 5 seconds at a time, skipping chapters, or using the cursor to pick a place - the audio becomes out of sync. Is this an inherent problem with this sort or navigating or is this not normal?
clenathan is offline  
post #3983 of 4126 Old 03-22-2016, 09:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello Guys,

I´ve been trying to play a 24bit 192Khz M2ts file on MPC-HC but I keep getting no audio, image is fine.
I´m using Windows 10 64 bit and sending image and audio via HDMI to a Denon AVR-988, I know that the receiver is capable of processing 192Khz because I use foobar2000 to play flac files.

I have tried all the steps mentioned on the OP but with no sucess.
I can play M2ts 48Khz files and the reciver show´s DTS-HD MA no problems here.

I tried using Reclock but after seting up not even the 48Khz work.

Is there any other filter that I could try?

ps.: My MPC_HC is set up exactly like the OP but without Reclock.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160322_131555.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	1330482  
jvtrigo is offline  
post #3984 of 4126 Old 03-22-2016, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mightyhuhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,301
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by clenathan View Post
Intel NUC > AVR > TV all via HDMI. I have a delay of ~200ms and the auto-sync box is unchecked in the LAV audio settings. When playback starts everything is in sync but as soon as I start skipping around media file - fast forwarding 5 seconds at a time, skipping chapters, or using the cursor to pick a place - the audio becomes out of sync. Is this an inherent problem with this sort or navigating or is this not normal?

do not disable auto-sync. disabling this is for debugging not for playback.
mightyhuhn is offline  
post #3985 of 4126 Old 03-23-2016, 07:02 PM
Member
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Is there a way to disable switching from exclusive to windowed while right-clicking using MadVR?

Because there's a slight lag everytime I want to ALT+TAB or right click.
Gothamite is offline  
post #3986 of 4126 Old 03-24-2016, 04:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
SteelWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 626
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Is there a way to disable switching from exclusive to windowed while right-clicking using MadVR?

Because there's a slight lag everytime I want to ALT+TAB or right click.
Well when you do that it's not exclusive anymore so it has to switch. I run with exclusive mode disabled, my render times seem a little better that way too.
SteelWill is offline  
post #3987 of 4126 Old 03-24-2016, 07:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Sammy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Right next to Wineville, CA
Posts: 10,450
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 237
With exclusive mode disabled does it go full screen without the white borders? Can you still "touch from the inside"? I haven't ever run exclusive but I think the controls on the bottom of the screen are different too, right?
Sammy2 is offline  
post #3988 of 4126 Old 03-24-2016, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mightyhuhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,301
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post
With exclusive mode disabled does it go full screen without the white borders?
it can go into full screen with no boarders.
this is a boarderless window. this looks the same as fullscreen.
Quote:
Can you still "touch from the inside"?
nothing change in this regard.
Quote:
I haven't ever run exclusive but I think the controls on the bottom of the screen are different too, right?
depends on the player but you have access to the player interface.
mightyhuhn is offline  
post #3989 of 4126 Old 03-24-2016, 12:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Sammy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Right next to Wineville, CA
Posts: 10,450
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
it can go into full screen with no boarders.
this is a boarderless window. this looks the same as fullscreen.

nothing change in this regard.

depends on the player but you have access to the player interface.
I meant to say I haven't ever NOT run exclusive (for in-production use and testing in windowed mode has always been very limited)

BTW, I use MPC-HC with madVR. Are the latests LAV and madVR builds out of nightly for use in MVC playback yet? I saw that JRiver is touting it in their player.

Sammy2 is offline  
post #3990 of 4126 Old 03-24-2016, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mightyhuhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,301
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post
I meant to say I haven't ever NOT run exclusive (for in-production use and testing in windowed mode has always been very limited)
Quote:
BTW, I use MPC-HC with madVR. Are the latests LAV and madVR builds out of nightly for use in MVC playback yet? I saw that JRiver is touting it in their player.

lavfilter 0.68 is out with limited MVC support.

not sure if the current version of madVR treats 3D support as experimental or not.
but it looks like filter quality optimization is currently the development focus.
so i guess it works good enough.
mightyhuhn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Home Theater Computers



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off