Advanced MPC-HC Setup Guide - Page 136 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 131Likes

Old 05-24-2016, 04:44 PM
VBB
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxbfly View Post
I am using the onboard HD4600 from the i7-4790.
That's the problem right here. The HD4600 can't handle your settings. Try dialing everything way down, back to defaults perhaps. See if it works better then. But really, for madVR you want a decent video card.
onyxbfly likes this.

Henry
Vizio M70-C3
Onkyo HT-RC360
Synology DS1813+ & DX513 x2
X-Rite i1Display Pro, ArgyllCMS, DisplayCAL, madVR, HCFR
HTPC running Kodi with MPC-HC + madVR, Plex for remote streaming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2016, 04:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Dialed the madvr settings back and that resolved the issue.
Thanks once again.
VBB likes this.

Last edited by onyxbfly; 05-25-2016 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBB View Post
That's the problem right here. The HD4600 can't handle your settings. Try dialing everything way down, back to defaults perhaps. See if it works better then. But really, for madVR you want a decent video card.
And apparently there is no video card out there that can max out the settings, especially when it comes to Chroma up-sampling.
So I've read.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:01 PM
VBB
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR1 View Post
And apparently there is no video card out there that can max out the settings, especially when it comes to Chroma up-sampling.
So I've read.
All depends on how crazy you want to go. If you use super-xbr instead of NNEDI3, you can pretty much max out everything with a "lowly" GTX 960. I honestly would not want to spend $600+ on a GTX 1080 just to be able to use NNEDI3. Besides, even that card won't be able to max NNEDI3, in my opinion. Heat and noise is also something to consider.

Henry
Vizio M70-C3
Onkyo HT-RC360
Old 05-27-2016, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
All depends on how crazy you want to go. If you use super-xbr instead of NNEDI3, you can pretty much max out everything with a "lowly" GTX 960. I honestly would not want to spend $600+ on a GTX 1080 just to be able to use NNEDI3. Besides, even that card won't be able to max NNEDI3, in my opinion. Heat and noise is also something to consider.
Agreed, but madshi still has a list of features to add to the program, and I'm sure it will contain several settings that can make use of newer graphics cards processing power; mostly, to keep the software new and exciting.

But I would agree that, today, a GTX 960 is likely good enough.
VBB likes this.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:17 PM
VBB
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkyoman View Post
Agreed, but madshi still has a list of features to add to the program, and I'm sure it will contain several settings that can make use of newer graphics cards processing power; mostly, to keep the software new and exciting.

But I would agree that, today, a GTX 960 is likely good enough.
Yeah, Mathias' work on madVR will likely never end, and that's awesome for us. I just had to re-configure all my profiles to compensate for turning on the new de-ringing option, which is fantastic, as you know. I've been super happy with my 960's performance.

Henry
Vizio M70-C3
Onkyo HT-RC360
Old 05-28-2016, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I'm running a GTX980 now, not so much for MadVR, but for frame interpolation.
With the settings I have now and the FI running, the card is at around 81 to 89% of it's max output and it's not too noisy.
The HTPC is far enough away from my sitting spot anyway.

When AMD comes out with their new cards, I'm hoping that there will be a water cooled one like the Fury, that will take care of any noise.
I'm not a big fan of AMD, but it's the only card that works with Cyberlink's smooth motion and Power DVD.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:27 PM
VBB
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'm running a GTX980 now, not so much for MadVR, but for frame interpolation.
With the settings I have now and the FI running, the card is at around 81 to 89% of it's max output and it's not too noisy.
The HTPC is far enough away from my sitting spot anyway.

When AMD comes out with their new cards, I'm hoping that there will be a water cooled one like the Fury, that will take care of any noise.
I'm not a big fan of AMD, but it's the only card that works with Cyberlink's smooth motion and Power DVD.
What are you watching on that you need the PC to do frame interpolation and not the display? I'm assuming you mean SVP.

Henry
Vizio M70-C3
Onkyo HT-RC360
Old 05-28-2016, 06:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
What are you watching on that you need the PC to do frame interpolation and not the display? I'm assuming you mean SVP.
Not SVP (haven't used that one in quite a while) _ DmitriRender; it works solely on the GPU alone. IMO, allot less artifacts then SVP, although that may have changed, I haven't tinkered with SVP for a while now.

http://www.dmitrirender.ru/

The Sony 300es doesn't do FI at 2160p, just 1080p _ MadVR and the GT980 does a better job of upscaling to 2160p then the projector does feeding it a 1080p resolution and letting it do the upscaling.

The only Sony projector that does "Smooth Motion" at 2160p is the 5000es, but I don't have 60K lying around.

I'll just contact Sony and tell them to send me a MoBo out of the 5000es, I'm sure it will switch out easily and I'll be up and running with in the hour.
Couple hundred bucks aught to cover it...
VBB likes this.

Last edited by JeffR1; 05-28-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 225
the problem is 24 fps to 60 fps is just terrible...
because it is a 5/2 interpolation.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
the problem is 24 fps to 60 fps is just terrible...
because it is a 5/2 interpolation.
Actually it's 23.976 to 59.94 fps.
What ever DimtriRender is doing, it's nice and smooth _ no frame judder.
Things filmed at 24 fps is just too slow for my eyes and brain, I get a head ache and my eyes start to ache after a while.
It feels like someone pushing on my eye balls with their finger tips.

Or the feeling you get if your trying to focus on very small print and you can't because you forgot your reading glasses.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Actually it's 23.976 to 59.94 fps.
and that is not 5/2 interpolation? 23p or 24p has nothing to do with this.

Quote:
What ever DimtriRender is doing, it's nice and smooth _ no frame judder.
Things filmed at 24 fps is just too slow for my eyes and brain, I get a head ache and my eyes start to ache after a while.
It feels like someone pushing on my eye balls with their finger tips.

Or the feeling you get if your trying to focus on very small print and you can't because you forgot your reading glasses.
and maybe it is better to leave the glasses of when using this.

try mpc-hc with control + arrow keys.
it is most of the time just creating motion mash.
and scrolling credits + moving people is special to say it friendly

each to their own i guess...
Old 05-29-2016, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How much worse is VLC player than the setup in the first post in terms of PQ?

I know VLC doesn't play Blu-Rays.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:11 PM
VBB
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps24eva View Post
How much worse is VLC player than the setup in the first post in terms of PQ?

I know VLC doesn't play Blu-Rays.
The main reason, in my opinion, to use MPC-HC over VLC is madVR video renderer support. VLC is more like an all-in-one solution for people who just want to be able to play any file they might come across. MPC-HC with LAV filters and madVR is for those of us who are always chasing the best picture quality possible. It does require a lot more tinkering, of course.

Henry
Vizio M70-C3
Onkyo HT-RC360
Old 06-01-2016, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
No AUDIO with New M2TS Files

Hello Everyone.

I have been using Clown-BD to copy my BluRay movies as m2ts (dts-hd-ma) files, and play them back with MPC-HC for years without issue. Recently I put together a new HTPC with windows 10, I installed MPC-HC along with MADVR, and I am able to play my Movie files with full DTS-HD-MA Passthrough to my Receiver NO PROBLEM,, BUUUTTT can no longer get Clown-BD to work. eac3to chokes out on the 2nd pass, and I cant for the life of me figure out why. Well considering the guy who created Clown-BD is no longer updating it, I thought I would look for something else to create my BluRay Files.

Well I came across Leawo Bluray-Copy and downloaded a trial to check it out. I was able to create an M2TS file with DTS-HD-MA Audio, but MPC-HC is no longer decoding or passing the AUDIO file to the receiver,, I get NO Audio at all from these files. I did use Windows media Player, and it DOES play the audio, but its NOT the DTS-HD-MA (obviously media player does not have the codecs).

I did use BDinfo and looked at the file,, I can see the audio track is there. As the Movie plays, I can right click, go down to AUDIO, and the DTS-HD-MA Track is selected, but No Audio ???

Does anyone have any idea why THESE files will not play the AUDIO? considering all my other m2ts files created with Clown-BD work just fine.. What am I missing??

Thank you in advance for your assistance on this one
Old 06-01-2016, 03:19 PM
VBB
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oside-dave View Post
Hello Everyone.

I have been using Clown-BD to copy my BluRay movies as m2ts (dts-hd-ma) files, and play them back with MPC-HC for years without issue. Recently I put together a new HTPC with windows 10, I installed MPC-HC along with MADVR, and I am able to play my Movie files with full DTS-HD-MA Passthrough to my Receiver NO PROBLEM,, BUUUTTT can no longer get Clown-BD to work. eac3to chokes out on the 2nd pass, and I cant for the life of me figure out why. Well considering the guy who created Clown-BD is no longer updating it, I thought I would look for something else to create my BluRay Files.

Well I came across Leawo Bluray-Copy and downloaded a trial to check it out. I was able to create an M2TS file with DTS-HD-MA Audio, but MPC-HC is no longer decoding or passing the AUDIO file to the receiver,, I get NO Audio at all from these files. I did use Windows media Player, and it DOES play the audio, but its NOT the DTS-HD-MA (obviously media player does not have the codecs).

I did use BDinfo and looked at the file,, I can see the audio track is there. As the Movie plays, I can right click, go down to AUDIO, and the DTS-HD-MA Track is selected, but No Audio ???

Does anyone have any idea why THESE files will not play the AUDIO? considering all my other m2ts files created with Clown-BD work just fine.. What am I missing??

Thank you in advance for your assistance on this one
I can't help you with Clown-BD, but you should really be using MakeMKV (http://www.makemkv.com/) and never look back .

Henry
Vizio M70-C3
Onkyo HT-RC360
Old 06-01-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I can't help you with Clown-BD, but you should really be using MakeMKV (http://www.makemkv.com/) and never look back .
I use MakeMKV for our Standard Def rips. Back in the day MKV and DTS-HD-MA were not good bedfellows, so I was using ClownBD. Will the MKV Container also hold the HD Audio Format??
Old 06-01-2016, 04:23 PM
VBB
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I use MakeMKV for our Standard Def rips. Back in the day MKV and DTS-HD-MA were not good bedfellows, so I was using ClownBD. Will the MKV Container also hold the HD Audio Format??
Absolutely. For 1:1 backups, MakeMKV is the best tool, in my opinion. It's also free, so it doesn't hurt to try.

Henry
Vizio M70-C3
Onkyo HT-RC360
Old 06-01-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Absolutely. For 1:1 backups, MakeMKV is the best tool, in my opinion. It's also free, so it doesn't hurt to try.
Well I threw my Avatar Bluray in the drive and used MAKEMKV to rip it. Went just fine, but STILL no audio on playback in MPC-HC. I right clicked on the screen and went down to audio, It says its DTS-HD-MA..

Any Ideas why MPC-HC wont Passthrough this audio??
Old 06-02-2016, 03:23 PM
VBB
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well I threw my Avatar Bluray in the drive and used MAKEMKV to rip it. Went just fine, but STILL no audio on playback in MPC-HC. I right clicked on the screen and went down to audio, It says its DTS-HD-MA..

Any Ideas why MPC-HC wont Passthrough this audio??
MPC-HC comes with built-in LAV filters. By default, DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD are not checked. You'll have to go into the LAV filter audio options and select everything that applies to your setup.

Henry
Vizio M70-C3
Onkyo HT-RC360
Old 06-02-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
MPC-HC comes with built-in LAV filters. By default, DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD are not checked. You'll have to go into the LAV filter audio options and select everything that applies to your setup.
Yes, I assume you are talking about the Passthrough (S/PDIF, HDMI) settings in MPC-HC? I have ALL of those checked. I assume this is how my Other M2TS Files (created with Clownbd) are sending their Audio..
Old 06-02-2016, 03:45 PM
VBB
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes, I assume you are talking about the Passthrough (S/PDIF, HDMI) settings in MPC-HC? I have ALL of those checked. I assume this is how my Other M2TS Files (created with Clownbd) are sending their Audio..
Are any of your files still able to send lossless audio? What is MPC-HC set to as far as audio output (outside of LAV)? You might want to try setting the audio renderer to "Internal Audio Renderer" (Playback->Output) and check "Exclusive mode" and "Allow bitstreaming" (Internal Filters->Audio Renderer). What's the sound device in Windows set to?

Henry
Vizio M70-C3
Onkyo HT-RC360
Old 06-03-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Are any of your files still able to send lossless audio? What is MPC-HC set to as far as audio output (outside of LAV)? You might want to try setting the audio renderer to "Internal Audio Renderer" (Playback->Output) and check "Exclusive mode" and "Allow bitstreaming" (Internal Filters->Audio Renderer). What's the sound device in Windows set to?
Thanks for the Suggestions. After reading them, I went into my Sound Device settings and notice that the ALLOW APPLICATIONS ... Button had been unchecked. So I checked it, and ALL is Good again.. I hate it when its something soooo Simple.

Thanks again, You did send me in the right direction.!!
VBB likes this.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi,

I've had to resort back to analogue signal for audio so using multi - channel input on my AVR. I have integrated audio at the moment.

After installing and configuring RECLOCK I have audio and video for pmc-hc but not for youtube vid's etc or Kodi TV streams?

Why would this be? it does mention about configuring using LAV audio?

Doing the test speakers option i have lost my fronts for some reason? but they are there in mpc-hc.

Last edited by skaboy607; 06-05-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaboy607 View Post
Hi,

I've had to resort back to analogue signal for audio so using multi - channel input on my AVR. I have integrated audio at the moment.

After installing and configuring RECLOCK I have audio and video for pmc-hc but not for youtube vid's etc or Kodi TV streams?

Why would this be? it does mention about configuring using LAV audio?

Doing the test speakers option i have lost my fronts for some reason? but they are there in mpc-hc.
You may want to check your Sample Rate in Playback Devices, Properties. I wasnt getting any Youtube and the Screen would flicker. Upping the Sample Rate to something better than DVD Quality did the trick.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Problem here with advanced mpchc. The duplicate video to my plasma can be choppy, while the video on the laptop screen is fine. VLC player has no issues.

Also why does my windows desktop only fill a small part of my plasma screen?

Last edited by ps24eva; 07-02-2016 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:32 PM
VBB
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps24eva View Post
Problem here with advanced mpchc. The duplicate video to my plasma can be choppy, while the video on the laptop screen is fine. VLC player has no issues.

Also why does my windows desktop only fill a small part of my plasma screen?
Try extending the desktop instead of duplicating. That should also fix the fill issue.

Henry
Vizio M70-C3
Onkyo HT-RC360
Old 07-02-2016, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi guys

So I followed the instructions to set up MPC HC with Madvr as per this guide. Everything is working great but now I cannot play Netflix on my TV (Win 10 app). All the controls are there, sound and the subtitles too but no image. When I switch back to PC display only the image is back on but when I switch to my TV the image disappears again...

I have a Core i7 Asus laptop plugged to my PC via HDMI through my Denon AVR 1912. My video card is Nvidia GE Force GT630M 2GB. All my drivers are up to date.

Has anyone come across this issue / knows how to fix it?
Old 07-04-2016, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Have i posted in the wrong forum? No one seems interested in helping.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:53 PM
VBB
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraussie View Post
Have i posted in the wrong forum? No one seems interested in helping.
It's the right section, but it's 4th of July weekend, and also probably not to many madVR users also use the Netflix app. Have you tried to remove everything you installed recently and see if that makes the app work again? madVR shouldn't cause any issues, but perhaps the LAV filters did, if you installed them outside of MPC-HC.

Henry
Vizio M70-C3
Onkyo HT-RC360
Sponsored Links
Advertisement