Advanced MPC-HC Setup Guide - Page 140 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 131Likes
post #4171 of 4186 Old 11-16-2016, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Send a message via Yahoo to JDLIVE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry7588 View Post
I don't understand about display mode on page 1 config guide. When we set display mode for tv like 1080p23 that's mean madvr will make the movie with 23.976 fps switch to 60hz for like refresh rate of tv (60hz) or madvr will make the TV down to 23,976 fps to fit with movie refresh rate? Why when i set 1080p23, Ctrl J I just see display about 60hz not 23hz. Which refresh rate is right when I config video mode 1080p23, about 23hz or 60hz?
The idea is to make the refresh rate match, but your TV has to be able to accept a 23.976 rate. If it can only do 60Hz then this isn't going to work for you. You also have to make sure your graphics card has the 23.976 rate enabled if your TV can accept it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4172 of 4186 Old 11-19-2016, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 10
the volume level of my blu rays mkv rips is very low - I increased the volume with the "boost" function and that helps - is anyone familiar with this boost - does this just increase the gain? And is this the appropriate way to address my issue? thanks
post #4173 of 4186 Old 11-19-2016, 12:11 PM

I need to increase the volume of my blurays with the volume "boost" (dvds are fine) - is this the appropriate way to deal with this issue? Does volume boost just increase gain and not affect the sound quality? thanks
post #4174 of 4186 Old 11-20-2016, 02:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Liked: 225
volume boost is something that shouldn't be used it technically clips the signal.

BD and DVD should have the same volume levels and CD should be terrible loud thanks to DRC.
post #4175 of 4186 Old 11-21-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
volume boost is something that shouldn't be used it technically clips the signal.

BD and DVD should have the same volume levels and CD should be terrible loud thanks to DRC.
Thanks. For some reason dvds sound more like cds and some blu-rays are too low. I love MPC HC but is there other software that would provide lossless audio for blu-rays and provide more volume? I once tried power dvd and seem to recall I didn't have this problem.
post #4176 of 4186 Old 11-21-2016, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

you can't increase the volume lossless it's impossible.
maybe stop bitstreaming if you are doing that your AVR could apply DRC
post #4177 of 4186 Old 11-21-2016, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite244 View Post
HDMI, yes, that correct.

Attached is a screenshot of TX-SR608 from the control panel - all the supported formats I was expecting to see for this AVR, including the DTS ones.

As mentioned in previous posts, DTS does work from this Intel NUC to the AVR (via HDMI), but for whatever reason with MPC-HC, I have to re-trigger it to happen a second time before the AVR recognizes the command. I haven't been able to find much about this online yet, so I'm assuming there is a bit of a bug with how DTS sends out its bitstreaming commands and how this AVR receives them. Not a wide spread problem, which is good for everyone, but unfortunately doesn't solve my issue.
I know this is an old post and not sure if you ever got it working but I didn't see anything after this. I picked up the same NUC6i5SYH you have. I'm running Windows 10 on it. I have a Denon RCR x3200w. My old HTPC died but it used to pass the correct bitstream info to my RCV but I couldn't remember how I had it setup. See my attached images. After I got it working I set MPC-HC back to all default settings and then just made the changes under Internal Filters --> Audio decoder as shown in my image. I also set my Windows 10 playback to just "Stereo" even though when set to 5.1 it also worked. Someone else just said it was cleaner, so either way.

Hope this helps you or anyone else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	audio_04.png
Views:	37
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1783465   Click image for larger version

Name:	audio_03.png
Views:	33
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	1783473  
post #4178 of 4186 Old 11-23-2016, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 309
So is there a thread on here to troubleshoot MadVR crashes?
Anywhere I can send the Dr Dump files?

HTPC | 12TB NAS | Harmony Elite | DENON X4200W | Sony XBR75X940D
Philips BDP7501 | Klipsch RF7II,RC64II,CDT5650CII | SVS SB2000 x2
post #4179 of 4186 Old 11-23-2016, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

here: http://bugs.madshi.net/my_view_page.php edit: or here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228

i'm pretty sure madVR isn't using DR dump but mpc-hc is so this doesn't sound like a madVR crash.
and be aware of this common driver "crash": http://bugs.madshi.net/view.php?id=431
post #4180 of 4186 Unread Yesterday, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
For some reason audio works perfectly going to my receiver using TMT, but I can't get anything but stereo out of MPC-HC. What is displayed on the receiver is PCM, and all 7 speakers plus LFE are lit. This is the default of what the receiver shows when the computer is on but not playing any audio. When I use TMT the receiver displays the correct format.

This is an older system running a Radeon HD 5670, an Athlon II X4 640, with 4GB RAM. The motherboard has no onboard HDMI that I can try separately from the 5670. The receiver is a Pioneer SC-1523-K. I plan on swapping the video card out for a RX 460 I just picked up so I can take advantage of the video enhancements within MPC-HC, but I haven't gotten to that yet, and I can't figure that'll do much for the sound since it works with TMT.

I tried setting up everything (audio-wise) as described in the first post. I tried everything I could think of, including things I found in this thread:
- Clean install of 32-bit MPC-HC, no other codecs installed
- Output -> Audio Renderer = tried them all
- Internal Filters -> Audio Decoder -> Audio Settings = checked and un-checked Bitstreaming all formats
- Internal Filters -> Audio Decoder -> Mixing = changed Output Speaker Configuration to 7.1; checked and un-checked Enable Mixing
- Internal Filters -> Audio Renderer = tried them all with checking and un-checking Exclusive Mode and Allow Bitstreaming
- Installed the latest LAV audio filters and tried adding them in External Filters

All of this effort has gotten me nothing. Is there something else I've missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #4181 of 4186 Unread Yesterday, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

start with this.

play a file and go to filter -> copy filters list to clipboard and post them here like this: Filters currently loaded:
- Default DirectSound Device
- XySubFilter (=> madVR)
- madVR
- Audio Switcher
- LAV Video Decoder (internal)
- LAV Audio Decoder (internal)
- LAV Splitter Source (internal)
post #4182 of 4186 Unread Yesterday, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Having a weird center channel issue with 1 specific MKV file.

First time playing a file with Input Codec pcm_s24le. Using LAV. Added the pic from during playback.

Left, Right, and LFE appear to be OK (using a 3.2 setup). It seems the center channel audio may be mixed into the center channel? That part is a guess, but I don't have any issues with playback on any other MKV files. As stated above, first time for this type of Input Codec for me.

Trying to decode through LAV in MPC-HC (I am not bitstreaming).

Any suggestions to try would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	13
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1818065  
post #4183 of 4186 Unread Today, 07:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
mightyhuhn,

I tried what you said. I can't post it here since I'm on a different computer, but I found what I needed. That showed that I apparently still had AC3Filter loaded. After uninstalling that, I did a clean install of MPC-HC and setup everything as recommended. That seems to have done it. I get sound out of all 7.1 channels, and the receiver shows the correct audio format rather than just PCM.

One thing that's kind of weird is that I thought changing the computer volume wasn't supposed to change the output volume when bitstreaming, but it seems to be doing that in MPC-HC. It doesn't do that with TMT.

Anyway, thanks so much for your help. This had been plaguing me for a while now. I can't wait to get the new video card running with MadVR.
post #4184 of 4186 Unread Today, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
start with this.

play a file and go to filter -> copy filters list to clipboard and post them here like this: Filters currently loaded:
- Default DirectSound Device
- XySubFilter (=> madVR)
- madVR
- Audio Switcher
- LAV Video Decoder (internal)
- LAV Audio Decoder (internal)
- LAV Splitter Source (internal)
Is the Xysubfilter still recommended as an external filter?

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha
post #4185 of 4186 Unread Today, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

there is no real alternative yet
post #4186 of 4186 Unread Today, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)