Advanced MPC-HC Setup Guide - Page 145 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 142Likes

post #4321 of 4324 Old 06-15-2017, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 476
USB-C to HDMI 2.0 adapter that do not support HDR10 pass-thru:

Anker Do not support HDR10 pass-thru. No plans to add the support.
Club3D Do not support HDR10 pass-thru. Working on firmware update to add support, but ran into technical difficulties, so no HDR support for the near future.

I am still searching for an adapter that does. Looking into Cable Matters and UpTab. The UpTab one is interesting, as the MFR claims HDMI2.0a while no other MFRs claim the "a". (HDMI2.0a was created to support HDR10, while b for DV) I am not sure this is what was intended, or the MFR just failed to recognize the "a" is for HDR10. The chip is Parade PS176, which was also used in Club3D adapter. I have yet seen users mentioning about HDR10 support anywhere.

Last edited by acefr; 06-15-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4322 of 4324 Old 06-15-2017, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefr View Post
USB-C to HDMI 2.0 adapter that do not support HDR10 pass-thru:

Anker Do not support HDR10 pass-thru. No plans to add the support.
Club3D Do not support HDR10 pass-thru. Working on firmware update to add support, but ran into technical difficulties, so no HDR support for the near future.

I am still searching for an adapter that does. Looking into Cable Matters and UpTab. The UpTab one is interesting, as the MFR claims HDMI2.0a while no other MFRs claim the "a". (HDMI2.0a was created to support HDR10, while b for DV) I am not sure this is what was intended, or the MFR just failed to recognize the "a" is for HDR10. The chip is Parade PS176, which was also used in Club3D adapter. I have yet seen users mentioning about HDR10 support anywhere.
I'm too interested in those adapters because my HTPC mainboard has DP1.2 port which enables 4k@60Hz. It's not clear to me if the issue of HDMI 2.0 adapter that do not support HDR10 pass-thru relates to bandwidth limits, or the conversion chip or something else. And there may be a typo with "a" or "b" following HDMI2.0 sometime as well.
post #4323 of 4324 Old 06-15-2017, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by long_pn View Post
I'm too interested in those adapters because my HTPC mainboard has DP1.2 port which enables 4k@60Hz. It's not clear to me if the issue of HDMI 2.0 adapter that do not support HDR10 pass-thru relates to bandwidth limits, or the conversion chip or something else. And there may be a typo with "a" or "b" following HDMI2.0 sometime as well.
It is the LSPCON chip inside that does not properly pass thru the HDR10 meta data. Maybe a firmware update will fix it, or maybe not. All Intel Graphic will have the same issue as they need a LSPCON chip no matter it is desktop or laptop since Kaby Lake processor does not support native HDMI2.0 (a or b). At least on the desktop you can get a discrete HDMI2.0 graphic card to avoid the LSPCON issue.

post #4324 of 4324 Old Today, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I'm looking for advice on how to correctly play 25p material with MadVR and Reclock.

When I start playback of a 25p source, MadVR tells my Samsung tv to switch the refresh rate to 25p (probably 100hz in actuality). However, my MadVR playback stats show that I'm having frame drops every 1 second or so.

And when I open the Reclock window during playback, it looks like Reclock thinks the source is actually 23.976 fps.

I can manually change the source framerate in Reclock to 25p. This causes a message to appear in the Reclock Media Adaptation section saying "Cannot sync this CINEMA video to your hardware. Please set your monitor refresh rate near to a multiple of 24 Hz." When I then uncheck the PAL Speeddown (force to 24fps) option, the message changes to "PAL adaptation: media speed changed to 25.000 fps. Audio resampled at 48000 Hz". But I still get frame repeats every 1-2 seconds.

The best workaround I've found is to select the MadVR option for "Treat 25p sources as 24p", so MadVR slows the video down to 24p and sets my tv to 24p. Then I have to manually open the Reclock window during playback and set the source framerate to 25fps and chek the PAL SpeedDown option. This gets me to 1 frame drop every 2 minutes or so.

But this needs to be done manually every time I start a new 25p video. And still gets me nowhere close to the perfectly smooth playback I get with 24p content.

Any advice on how to set up MadVR and Reclock to handle 25p content correctly and automatically?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers