Originally Posted by Nevcairiel
It would still be sweet to have the ability to do that without having the extended desktop. Does it offer other modes, like Clone?
Anyhow, i'm waiting for IVB to upgrade my HTPC, hoping that it will remove the potential need for a dedicated GPU finally.
I'm working on enabling the HW acceleration without any trickery with cables. I'm very close.
BTW, what's your current HW/SW setup (CPU, chipset, player, filters, renderer)?Update
I managed to solve the problem without cables. You'll need the unreleased v0.16 to make this work... I'll release it later on today.
1) You need to set up another (fake) screen. Right click on desktop, screen resolution.
2) Click the Detect
button. Unconnected screens will appear.
3) Extend desktop to a VGA connection on the Intel GPU (screen 2 in the image).
4) Drag the 2nd screen to the corner of the primary screen so the mouse boundaries of the primary screen will remain (almost) the same.
5) Click OK/Apply. A reboot is recommended.
6) Open your favorite player and select MadVR or other GPU demanding renderer for to test the setup. You can test further by selecting EVR as renderer, open the control panel for your AMD/Nvidia GPU and override the color settings (e.g. kill the saturation).
Here's a working setup