Media Browser Hydra is HERE! - Page 7 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-20-2011, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I tried to refresh MB, 7.5 hours later it was at 50%. So I just closed it, that was after trying it once before for about 15 minutes. Again I went into my "movies" section and my settings were lost, defaulted back to poster view. This was with the newest version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2011, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently updated to Hydra and have come across something that I hope someone can help with.

On all of the TV shows and movies I have within Media Browser I use the 'Highlight Unwatched items' indicator to remind myself (unsurprisingly enough) what hasn't been watched. In previous versions before Hydra, once I had watched the file this indicator would automatically disappear. This is no longer the case. Does anyone know whether this is a bug or something I now have to configure, and if so where?

I have checked and this behaviour or lack of is also present when using the 'watched indicator on videos'. I use the Chocolate theme, but this happens across different themes.

Currently I'm not a member of the Media Browser forum which is why I'm asking here. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:44 PM

Liked: 10
Just join there, you'll get so much more help.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Assassin - just thought I'd drop by to tell you that I owe you an apology. I decided to revisit Hydra 2.5.1 again and with the aid of MCM, the clunky, and laboriously slow GUI has been replaced with a snappy, smooth alternative. Well done to Sam, ebr and the team for making such a vast improvement.

I still feel that more could be done with the internal scraper mechanism, to make the app truly stand alone, but the alternative is certainly more than adequate in that regard.

Again apologies for bustin your balls over this earlier.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

Assassin - just thought I'd drop by to tell you that I owe you an apology. I decided to revisit Hydra 2.5.1 again and with the aid of MCM, the clunky, and laboriously slow GUI has been replaced with a snappy, smooth alternative. Well done to Sam, ebr and the team for making such a vast improvement.

I still feel that more could be done with the internal scraper mechanism, to make the app truly stand alone, but the alternative is certainly more than adequate in that regard.

Again apologies for bustin your balls over this earlier.

Yeah, you did a good job of that. Like I said I have tested almost everything and love the way that I (and now you) use mediabrowser. For a simple high quality slick high waf interface that bitstreams its pretty tough to beat when setup and used correctly (i.e. "my way").

No worries. I am glad you gave it another shot.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:30 PM

Liked: 152
I agree. Even though I manually edit the config files to get it to play "my way", I am glad I can easily do it. I like the interface, it is pretty slick.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

I had an issue like yours a while back. It was due to a faulty HDD. But I'm sure you'd know of that if that were the case. The refresh is probably having a problem seeing one of your media folders. That is why its failing/aborting. Try remapping your VFs in the Configurator.

Yeah, it wasn't any of my HDD's.

An update on my specific problems:

1) the error validating children was apparently a file-sharing issue. My media is largely split between an 8-bay eSATA RAID tower and 4 Drobo's (I have duplicates of my files shared between those 2 entities), all attached to macs, and some tweaks from OS X Lion has made smb file sharing (from macs to Windows) a PITA for Windows machines. I attached the tower to the Windows machine and there were no more errors.

2) Mediabrowser service was hanging on some Baby Einstein videos (though they had appropriate tagging by MCM) and stopping. So I took them out of the library. Not sure what it is about the new library system that made them crash things when they hadn't previously, but that problem is solved.

3) The m2ts problem was never solved in any real way unless I just changed the 'm2ts' file extension to 'mkv.' Once I changed the extension to 'mkv,' metadata showed up, it was selectable in MB, and MPC-HC is still able to play them even though they're inaccurately named. I started a thread on it in the bugs area on the MB community tracker, and apparently I'm not alone with this problem. Still unclear as to why it happens.

4 and 5) Update library and recently played/added is working now.