Thanks politby. Your setup is awesome.
Well I've been pricing out what I'd ideally like. Its a little beyond what I wanted to spend but I'm tempted:
$222.59 - Streacom Fc8-od-b
$142.83 - ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe
$154.07 - AMD A8-3800
$44.99 - Kingston Technology Hyper X 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
$98.98 - Panasonic UJ240 6x Blu-ray Burner
$109.62 - Hauppauge 1213 WinTV-HVR-2250 PCI-E x1 Dual TV Tuner
$165.23 - OCZ 120 GB Vertex 3 SATA III 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive
$983.30 - Total
A few problems:
- blu-ray player - I found it pretty difficult to track down options. If anyone finds a left eject slim slot blu ray player I'd be interested (it doesn't have to be a burner). In fact if they can confirm the UJ240 drive would work that would be useful
- Its not clear if the "IR receiver and RC260" is included by the ebay seller for the Streacom Fc8 and if not, I need to track one down.
- The AMD A8-3800 is tough to get your hands on but I don't want to compromise on the processing power at this wattage.
- Not sure there aren't more attractive Intel options. I like the AMD fusion because I figure the Radeon Dual Graphics will serve me well if the system is later not up to the Blu-ray 3d needs. I figure I'll be able to swap in a discrete card for the tv tuner.
- I'm tempted to save $110 and just get the Wesena ITX7-2. Currently I have the home theatre, ps3 and NAS whirling their fans so perhaps its not such a big deal.
I'm going to wait a little. I think we'll see some prices come down:
- Intel just brought out there SSD 520 so I figure that will cause some price changes in the SSD marketNew from engadget
- It looks like Wesena will start selling the fc8 (model here will be the itx8)Check this store