Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #2041 of 2057 Old 06-17-2014, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 165
I've been having issues of late with my TA staying active while using a HDHR Prime tuner. Anybody else noticing this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 2057 Old 06-18-2014, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

I updated to the 06042014 s/w and f/w and rebooted the system, including the T.A. but not the HTPC or any other computer using WMC to tune TV for that matter and the problem seems to be fixed. In addition to this I found that my guide data wasn't refreshing properly and I had to go through the TV set up steps in WMC again. I am 100% positive that Charter's recent switch to all digital in my area is what caused this to occur. I just hope it sticks and the T.A. stays initialized from this point forward.

post #2043 of 2057 Old 06-24-2014, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So I have an odd issue:

I set up a Hd Homerun Prime at my parents house. My mom recently got HBO/Starz for 3 months but it only works in one location.

There are two tvs, each is attached to a windows 7 pc running WMC. On one computer, all channels come in, including the newly added HBOs and Starzs. On the other computer, she says she's only getting the sound from the HBOs and starz and a black screen, no video.

From a distance, all I could tell her to do was restart the computer, which didnt help. Anyone have any idea why it works on one computer but not another?
post #2044 of 2057 Old 06-25-2014, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
***Sorry, same information was given earlier. Got so excited about fixing the problem that I didn't RTFF before posting***
I'm not sure if this has been addressed here before or not, but since I've had the 3-tuner prime and Intel integrated graphics (I3 2200 and I7 4770) all of my premium HD channels (HBO, Showtime, etc., but not regular HD stations like FXHD) had this annoying flickering both on live TV and recordings. I was pretty sure this was the 29/59 bug and had heard that it was fixed with Haswell so when I upgraded to the I7 and it was still there I was definitely disappointed. Well I finally got really sick of it and started playing around in the Intel graphics control panel and finally found the setting that fixed it! I'm using the control panel with driver version 10.18.10.3621 with Windows 7. If you click on the Video button on the home screen in the Intel graphics control panel and then on the video drop-down in the top left and then on Image Enhancement you find the Contrast Enhancement setting under Advanced. Disable this setting and Bam! problem solved! Whatever this contrast enhancement is doing isn't playing nice with the premium channels and turning it off fixes everything.

Apologies if this is old news to everyone, but I'm so glad this dang problem is gone I had to share it with somebody!

Last edited by shairob; 06-25-2014 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Excitement got ahead of me...same information on the previous page!
post #2045 of 2057 Old 06-26-2014, 03:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shairob View Post
I was pretty sure this was the 29/59 bug and had heard that it was fixed with Haswell so when I upgraded to the I7 and it was still there I was definitely disappointed.
Haswell does not fix the 29/59 bug. What it does fix is the 23.976 frame rate issue, whereas now you can get true 24p playback without dropped frames every few minutes. That is the new resolved bug that Haswell fixed. Anyway, good on you for figuring out the contrast enhancement setting. It really annoyed me when I got my first HTPC set up as well.
post #2046 of 2057 Old 07-06-2014, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Aaaarrrrggghhh!

So I finally got around to calling Comcast to activate my second cable card today. It was all going so well, until the technician told me that when i picked the CableCard up, it was incorrectly set up in my account as a settop box instead of a CableCard. <insert my shocked-face emoticon here> This can apparently only be remedied through the billing department, which, of course, isn't open on the weekends. So, I have to call the billing department tomorrow to tell them to do what should have been done correctly the first time. The thought of the agony I will have to endure when I call them terrifies me. I'm really getting tired of being the QA department for Comcast.
post #2047 of 2057 Old 07-06-2014, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well if your already dealing with their incompetence you might want to try and get a better price outa them while your already playing phone tag. Last time I just asked directly for retentions and told him I like my TV but I like eating and paying my mortgage more and he dropped my bill over 50 a month with a two year lock on the price. Of course adding another cable card later and taxes and fees have ate some of that back up since then but still cheaper then before I called by a little bit.
Good luck with it anyways and so far my two experiences adding cable cards here went very well at least.
post #2048 of 2057 Old 07-06-2014, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I'm just hoping I can get the cablecard notation correct in the account on the first call. I hesitate to ask them to do more than one thing per call. I've not had good luck with that in the past.
post #2049 of 2057 Old 07-06-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well when your done thank them and if you want just ask for the retentions number, or call back later and ask for it, that's what I did.
If your happy with your price right now don't bother but I have triple play and it was getting to 200 a month and I wasn't going to keep paying that.
post #2050 of 2057 Old 07-09-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post
I updated to the 06042014 s/w and f/w and rebooted the system, including the T.A. but not the HTPC or any other computer using WMC to tune TV for that matter and the problem seems to be fixed. In addition to this I found that my guide data wasn't refreshing properly and I had to go through the TV set up steps in WMC again. I am 100% positive that Charter's recent switch to all digital in my area is what caused this to occur. I just hope it sticks and the T.A. stays initialized from this point forward.
Going strong for two weeks now!!
AzDragonLord likes this.

post #2051 of 2057 Old 07-10-2014, 07:22 PM

Liked: 11
QAM MAPPING FOR TIME WARNER in Summerville

Hi guys....

Can anyone give me the QAM MAPPING FOR TIME WARNER in Summerville SC?

My HDHomerun and I thank you in advance!
post #2052 of 2057 Old 07-11-2014, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 155
post #2053 of 2057 Old 07-11-2014, 09:23 AM

Liked: 15
I think its been about a year since that has given anything but OTA as a) they thought wrong information was worse than no information and b) comcast, TWC, and charter in many areas were dropping clear qam and were begiing to encrypt the locals.
post #2054 of 2057 Old 07-11-2014, 09:34 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
I did. This doesn't include TW. Only OTA in Charleston area.
post #2055 of 2057 Old 07-11-2014, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

OK then, your local thread in the HDTV Local forum? Scratching head otherwise.
post #2056 of 2057 Old 07-11-2014, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by signcarver View Post
I think its been about a year since that has given anything but OTA as a) they thought wrong information was worse than no information and b) comcast, TWC, and charter in many areas were dropping clear qam and were begiing to encrypt the locals.
Makes sense, thanks for the update. Figured that with clear QAM getting more and more encrypted the usefulness of the mapping was going away, didn't realize they pulled all the data.
post #2057 of 2057 Old 07-12-2014, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ou8thisSN View Post
So I have an odd issue:

I set up a Hd Homerun Prime at my parents house. My mom recently got HBO/Starz for 3 months but it only works in one location.

There are two tvs, each is attached to a windows 7 pc running WMC. On one computer, all channels come in, including the newly added HBOs and Starzs. On the other computer, she says she's only getting the sound from the HBOs and starz and a black screen, no video.

From a distance, all I could tell her to do was restart the computer, which didnt help. Anyone have any idea why it works on one computer but not another?

So I figured out what the issue was. Bad video drivers. Updated to the latest Intel 4000 HD drivers and all channels work.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page