post #2101 of 2101 Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
On Moto, solid amber is good. Slow blink or red is bad.

I assume you have the TA plugged into coax and USB, right? And your cable card is showing activated?

Remember when you talk to Charter, pretend you have a Tivo. If you mention homerun, they'll only get confused. If you get the right person, they should be able to get everything working over the phone. My last activation took about 10 minutes start to finish, a new record for me and Charter.
The TA has an amber light.

Where the line comes into the house and connects to my cable modem, the technician installed a splitter with one wire to the cable modem and one to the TA RF IN. There is a Coax cable running from the out of the TA into the RF IN on the hdhr. There is also a UBS cable connecting the TA to the hdhr.

The cable card is activated and I am able to view many channels. I have not had much time to mess with it since it was connected Monday right before I went into work. Tech said it was set up and I needed to wait for all the channels to load or something like that. On Tuesday I checked it and several channels were working, but some were not. My signal strength is only around 75 to 80 percent and shows up either red or yellow, never green.

What does the TA do? I know they keep talking about all the clear qam channels being fased out soon and that I need a box for each television. Does the TA allow me to get the digital channels or something?

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Paradigm PS-1200 Sub
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________Polk bookshelf for Surrounds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page