post #2161 of 2163 Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post
You install MB3 Server and WMC Server TV on the HTPC used for the Prime and then you install the MB3 client on the Roku or Chromecast.
I've not had much luck with it. Really messes up WMC on my systems. Grabs tuners and won't let go, resulting in missed recordings, no tuners available, etc. Not ready for prime time IMO. MB3 on Roku is also still very buggy, weird artifacts in the GUI, slow, unstable. I'd keep it simple and go the DLNA route first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 2163 Old Today, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
I've not had much luck with it. Really messes up WMC on my systems. Grabs tuners and won't let go, resulting in missed recordings, no tuners available, etc. Not ready for prime time IMO. MB3 on Roku is also still very buggy, weird artifacts in the GUI, slow, unstable. I'd keep it simple and go the DLNA route first.
How do I do the DLNA route? Got the prime last night, got all the software installed and such, but didn't call my cable provider as the Monday Night Football game was just starting. I'm going to call tonight, wish me luck! Any tips on that?
post #2163 of 2163 Old Today, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mteastham View Post
How do I do the DLNA route? Got the prime last night, got all the software installed and such, but didn't call my cable provider as the Monday Night Football game was just starting. I'm going to call tonight, wish me luck! Any tips on that?
I don't think there's anything to it. Turn on your streaming device, point it to the prime and pick a channel.

http://www.silicondust.com/dlna/
http://www.silicondust.com/forum2/viewforum.php?f=47

Prayer is the only thing that might help getting your cable card activated, and pretending you have a Tivo.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page