Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #2191 of 2195 Old Today, 04:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Data ID is only present for Motorola cards btw, not Cisco (Scientific Atlanta) ones. Comcast does have some Cisco areas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2195 Old Today, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Data ID is only present for Motorola cards btw, not Cisco (Scientific Atlanta) ones. Comcast does have some Cisco areas.
Yeah, I looked everywhere and couldn't find the "Data ID" or anything like it. I do have a Cisco card, and they don't have that. Could that be my issue? I did get a call back from Comcast that they have tried something and that it should work now, but of course I'm not home to test it out.
post #2193 of 2195 Old Today, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 224
No, with Cisco cards all they need is the Card ID, Host ID and card SN (and they should already have the SN). You did call the national cablecard activation line, right? 1-877-405-2298, tell them you have a Tivo and want to get the card paired.

If you have to get a tech roll and their local dispatch has a sniff they'll get this fixed for you right away, if not ask to escalate to an area supervisor.
post #2194 of 2195 Old Today, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mteastham View Post
Yeah, I looked everywhere and couldn't find the "Data ID" or anything like it. I do have a Cisco card, and they don't have that. Could that be my issue? I did get a call back from Comcast that they have tried something and that it should work now, but of course I'm not home to test it out.
You should consider installing teamviewer or similar so you can remote in to your PC. Then you'd be able to test/check remotely.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2195 of 2195 Old Today, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Comcast/Cisco

With Comcast and using a Cisco CC it is best practice to deal with your local office as the national CC center scripts are not right for cisco. If you call the trouble center it is hit or miss as to whether or not you get someone who will understand the differences in enrolling a cisco cc.

Quite frequently the cisco cc's have sat on the shelf for more than 30 days in their office and no longer have the proper local programming. This can be checked by looking at the conditional access report in the CC menu area of the SD gui webpage diagnostics. The second line should say Status : Ready, if it does not then the CC has lost its local programming. This will require the local "warehouse" programmer to reprogram the CC which can be done remotely but these folks typically do not want to talk to the general public so they roll a truck and the tech talks to them. If you can get the right person at the trouble line they will know to send a request to your local office to reprogram the CC; this method can take anywhere from a half hour to two days typically depending on how busy the local programmer is at the time. [Tier 2 trouble shooting number with limited hours 800-934-6189 {old number 877-761-5015}].
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page