Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #2191 of 2208 Old 09-19-2014, 04:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Data ID is only present for Motorola cards btw, not Cisco (Scientific Atlanta) ones. Comcast does have some Cisco areas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2208 Old 09-19-2014, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Data ID is only present for Motorola cards btw, not Cisco (Scientific Atlanta) ones. Comcast does have some Cisco areas.
Yeah, I looked everywhere and couldn't find the "Data ID" or anything like it. I do have a Cisco card, and they don't have that. Could that be my issue? I did get a call back from Comcast that they have tried something and that it should work now, but of course I'm not home to test it out.
post #2193 of 2208 Old 09-19-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 226
No, with Cisco cards all they need is the Card ID, Host ID and card SN (and they should already have the SN). You did call the national cablecard activation line, right? 1-877-405-2298, tell them you have a Tivo and want to get the card paired.

If you have to get a tech roll and their local dispatch has a sniff they'll get this fixed for you right away, if not ask to escalate to an area supervisor.
post #2194 of 2208 Old 09-19-2014, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mteastham View Post
Yeah, I looked everywhere and couldn't find the "Data ID" or anything like it. I do have a Cisco card, and they don't have that. Could that be my issue? I did get a call back from Comcast that they have tried something and that it should work now, but of course I'm not home to test it out.
You should consider installing teamviewer or similar so you can remote in to your PC. Then you'd be able to test/check remotely.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2195 of 2208 Old 09-19-2014, 11:08 AM

Liked: 12
Comcast/Cisco

With Comcast and using a Cisco CC it is best practice to deal with your local office as the national CC center scripts are not right for cisco. If you call the trouble center it is hit or miss as to whether or not you get someone who will understand the differences in enrolling a cisco cc.

Quite frequently the cisco cc's have sat on the shelf for more than 30 days in their office and no longer have the proper local programming. This can be checked by looking at the conditional access report in the CC menu area of the SD gui webpage diagnostics. The second line should say Status : Ready, if it does not then the CC has lost its local programming. This will require the local "warehouse" programmer to reprogram the CC which can be done remotely but these folks typically do not want to talk to the general public so they roll a truck and the tech talks to them. If you can get the right person at the trouble line they will know to send a request to your local office to reprogram the CC; this method can take anywhere from a half hour to two days typically depending on how busy the local programmer is at the time. [Tier 2 trouble shooting number with limited hours 800-934-6189 {old number 877-761-5015}].
post #2196 of 2208 Old 09-20-2014, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimediashtick View Post
With Comcast and using a Cisco CC it is best practice to deal with your local office as the national CC center scripts are not right for cisco. If you call the trouble center it is hit or miss as to whether or not you get someone who will understand the differences in enrolling a cisco cc.

Quite frequently the cisco cc's have sat on the shelf for more than 30 days in their office and no longer have the proper local programming. This can be checked by looking at the conditional access report in the CC menu area of the SD gui webpage diagnostics. The second line should say Status : Ready, if it does not then the CC has lost its local programming. This will require the local "warehouse" programmer to reprogram the CC which can be done remotely but these folks typically do not want to talk to the general public so they roll a truck and the tech talks to them. If you can get the right person at the trouble line they will know to send a request to your local office to reprogram the CC; this method can take anywhere from a half hour to two days typically depending on how busy the local programmer is at the time. [Tier 2 trouble shooting number with limited hours 800-934-6189 {old number 877-761-5015}].
All of this was exactly right, especially the conditional access stuff. Once I mentioned that to someone at Comcast who called me back last night (didn't expect that call at all), he fixed it over the phone and it said "ready" and I was getting all my channels. He said that the CC wasn't "on my account" to get all the channels I subscribe to, but immediately after that went to "ready", I could get any channel that WMC had on it's list. Thanks again for all of the help you guys have given - it was invaluable here. Today I'm going to clean up the WMC interface a bit, set a few recording and see if I can possibly reduce some coax splitters in the house.
post #2197 of 2208 Old 09-20-2014, 06:29 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
No, with Cisco cards all they need is the Card ID, Host ID and card SN (and they should already have the SN)...
Verify they have the correct numbers! Improper documentation and typos can really slow down a setup.
post #2198 of 2208 Old 09-20-2014, 01:19 PM

Liked: 12
Glad that worked out for you! Sounds like the local programmer called you! Fantastic...

Just a note to readers/commenters who don't get to the SD forum much anymore about moto cc's and TA 700 model systems from any service provider; recent issues have been detected with current firmware in the TA's that stop initialization of the CC with ocur devices made after April. Issue relates to the internal certificate in the tuner and how the TA treats it. After working with Arris/moto rep SD has initiated a work around in the latest beta that resolves the issue [at quite a cost to them] until Arris gets around to updating the software on the TA's and cable companies apply the update. More details are in the SD forum in the Development Blog section. This issue has also been seen on tivos.
post #2199 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimediashtick View Post
Glad that worked out for you! Sounds like the local programmer called you! Fantastic...

Just a note to readers/commenters who don't get to the SD forum much anymore about moto cc's and TA 700 model systems from any service provider; recent issues have been detected with current firmware in the TA's that stop initialization of the CC with ocur devices made after April. Issue relates to the internal certificate in the tuner and how the TA treats it. After working with Arris/moto rep SD has initiated a work around in the latest beta that resolves the issue [at quite a cost to them] until Arris gets around to updating the software on the TA's and cable companies apply the update. More details are in the SD forum in the Development Blog section. This issue has also been seen on tivos.
Given the accent, the guy was in no way my "local programmer". From the others I heard in the background, he was calling me from some large call center. No matter in that it worked out in the end. I did some tinkering this weekend - relocated the prime in my mancave right next to my HTPC (they are both connected to the same switch - so no powerline or wifi should be used for streaming live or recording any shows, correct?). I did attempt to stream a second live feed to a wifi laptop connected to a second TV and kept getting issues with it, likely wifi related. Still tinkering, but I've got about a month until they start charging me ~$20 a month to continue using their HD DVR. Hopefully that's enough time to get it all working properly and showing the wife how it's all used.
post #2200 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 06:33 AM

Also, and this has nothing to do with the HD prime....but does anyone have any good tricks to "terminate" RG11 coax cable? My house (which I purchased already "wired" has RG11 running throughout. I have tools for dealing with RG6, but not for RG11. I found a line of it that currently isn't being used that I could cut, terminate, and then have going directly to only the prime (no splitters or anything) - but I have no way to terminate it with an "F style connector" that I know of. Any place I can get an inexpensive connector and compression or crimp tool for that guard coax? Thanks!
post #2201 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quick google search for rg11 revealed this connector.
http://cables4sure.com/rg11-compression-connector.html
Along with this tool.
http://cables4sure.com/compression-connector-tool.html

You can also find and RG 11/other type tool at monoprice.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

or

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2202 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by mteastham View Post
... My house (which I purchased already "wired" has RG11 running throughout. I have tools for dealing with RG6, but not for RG11. I found a line of it that currently isn't being used that I could cut, terminate, and then have going directly to only the prime (no splitters or anything) - but I have no way to terminate it with an "F style connector" that I know of. Any place I can get an inexpensive connector and compression or crimp tool for that guard coax? Thanks!
I'm not a CATV installer but as a sweep tech occasionally had to play one at work. I've used these connectors and a pair of ChannelLocks to put fittings on RG11: https://www.tessco.com/products/disp....do?sku=468462

(Just as big an idea thief as)

post #2203 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM

Do you still "prep" RG11 the same way you do RG6 (cut/remove rubber), peel back foil and strands, have ~1/2" copper wire exposed and fit the fitting on? Thanks so much for the help! I went by my local Radio Shack, and they will have one of their "road techs" contact me about possibly doing it for me. As long as it's a quick $25 or so from a professional, I may just go that route.
post #2204 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Does anyone know how to view a PHYSICAL channel number with the HDHomerun (Prime or Dual) software. Both the Prime and Dual are picking up a channel but only display the VIRTUAL channel number, I need the PHYSICAL channel number to map it/add it into WMC. The Hauppage software displays this easily when viewing the channel info, but my Hauppage tuners are assigned to OTA, where as my HDHomeruns are picking up cable; so the Hauppage software won't help me in this situation.
post #2205 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Does Eyetv work with HDHomeRun (EU/AU/NZ) ?

Image in the above post show the physical number in one of the config screens.

post #2206 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

EyeTV is only for OSX IIRC
post #2207 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah but that is the config screen you get for the HDHOMERUN Config GUI. Windows version has the same screen which gives you physical channel.

post #2208 of 2208 Old Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 View Post
Yeah but that is the config screen you get for the HDHOMERUN Config GUI. Windows version has the same screen which gives you physical channel.
Ah I gotcha. My Cable Co just must have done a remap again, cause now I'm seeing the physical channel in the software anyway for the channel I needed. I will use that method as a fall back though - Thanks
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page