24Likes

post #2311 of 2317 Old 12-23-2014, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Gator,

I will definitely start out on the windows based solutions, and if I need to go further down the path, I will pursue the APP option was well.
Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2312 of 2317 Old 12-23-2014, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Got on board with a homerun prime and TWC preferred TV package. Having troubles getting the tuner adapter to work. I have connected everything but the light on the TA keeps blinking. TWC confirms that my TV service has been activated. I also have internet from TWC, nothing wrong with that, just having issues with TV. What could be wrong here guys? Is my prime bad?
post #2313 of 2317 Old 12-23-2014, 01:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarshonarbangla View Post
Got on board with a homerun prime and TWC preferred TV package. Having troubles getting the tuner adapter to work. I have connected everything but the light on the TA keeps blinking. TWC confirms that my TV service has been activated. I also have internet from TWC, nothing wrong with that, just having issues with TV. What could be wrong here guys? Is my prime bad?
That's a bad/unactivated TA or problem on TWC's end. Tell them to try again. Failing that, swap it for another. My cable company once mistakenly removed my TA from my account entirely. When they added it back, it started working.
post #2314 of 2317 Old 12-23-2014, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post
Thank you for the response, I will definitely look at those tools. How do I access the HomeRun Prime "config"? (GUI)
It's under the windows start menu. Start\HDHomeRun\HDHomeRun Config (GUI).

Last edited by dfkimbro; Yesterday at 10:55 AM. Reason: Sorry...didn't see someone else had already posted.
post #2315 of 2317 Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarshonarbangla View Post
If you are having issues with TWC and any type of HDHR programming, when you call back to get it resolved say you have a TiVo so you can get to the dept. that knows WTF they're doing. I think I have the direct number somewhere at home. By going directly to them, I was able to get my HDHR setup in less than 30 mins. and another 20 mins. a week later after I went back to the TWC distribution center to get my TA.
post #2316 of 2317 Old Today, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 35
One other question, is there anyway within the homerun prime to dial down the encoding bit rate just a bit. I can fit a three hour football game on a Blu-ray disc I would like to dialback that encoding rate just a bit so it is more like three hours and 30 minutes. Is there anyway for me to accomplish this?
post #2317 of 2317 Old Today, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post
One other question, is there anyway within the homerun prime to dial down the encoding bit rate just a bit. I can fit a three hour football game on a Blu-ray disc I would like to dialback that encoding rate just a bit so it is more like three hours and 30 minutes. Is there anyway for me to accomplish this?
No. You aren't actually 'recording' anything, rather you're capturing the stream as broadcast. You could re-encode the captured stream, I suppose, before authoring it to BD.
Reply Home Theater Computers