HDHomerun Prime Owners Thread - Page 81 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 38Likes

post #2401 of 2402 Old 05-06-2015, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 166
So after "fixing" the display driver error in WMC several weeks ago, it reappeared a day or two ago.

I have two PC's sharing the same HDHR Prime 3 tuner box. One runs Win 7, the other runs Win 8.1. I suspect they were both having the same issue because I noticed the Win 7 machine has been resorting to using a second HDHR that the 8.1 machine does not have access to.

I confirmed that the 8.1 machine had the issue again, so I ran the HDHR config on it and it reported there was yet another update. I downloaded it and installed it. I then rebooted and ran a channel scan (in the HDHR utility).

The issue persists in the 8.1 machine, but not on the Win 7 machine (which on that one I did NOT run a channel scan).

Was I supposed to run another tuner setup in WMC?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2402 of 2402 Old 05-06-2015, 11:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 166
After futzing with it a while I've come to the conclusion that the issue is specific to THIS machine, likely a video driver issue. Weird because I haven't changed or installed a thing. This machine has two monitors connected, a computer display and an HDTV.

When I open WMC on the PC monitor it plays fine, but when I open it on the HD monitor I get the error. If I open it on the PC monitor and then drag that over to the HD monitor, it also plays fine.

It's an Nvidia card, I don't remember which model but it's a budget one that has been working fine for the last year or two. I had this issue b4 on this computer though, with an ATI card and with the onboard Intel display, and maybe even with this exact card (I can't remember because I don't use this PC and also I'm getting old). What I do remember is I had to keep trying different drivers until the problem was fixed. It affects the Win 8 Netflix app too I believe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page