HDHomerun Prime Owners Thread - Page 94 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 89Likes

post #2791 of 2794 Old 10-09-2017, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphArch View Post
Thanks for clarifying. I suppose guide support could cease and you could still get it through third party apps. And since I no longer use WMC you have reminded me to make sure I am not set to autorenew on that WMC guide enhancement aspect.
If you mean epg123 with Schedules Direct, Schedules Direct does not "auto-renew".

Silcon Dust is so far behind on delivery I gave up on any return on my $30 KickStarter contribution long ago.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2792 of 2794 Old 10-09-2017, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That was it - thanks. So I was using that epg123 when I abandoned WMC. BTW I was also a $30 kickstarter. It took Nick way too long to answer my request to activate the DVR with a code which was a benefit of the Kickstarter. So I paid $35 and started service to get going. Got my code a while after I started but in the meantime my yearly clock is ticking and other kickstarters are still on guide service for free until SD announces the official "pre-release" candidate. Just recommending you get the code now instead of waiting.
post #2793 of 2794 Old 10-14-2017, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone have a working setup for DRM channels?

Hello all, trying to figure out if I am completely wasting my time on this thing (because thats what it feels like).

After what I thought was a great deal of research, I bought the HDHomerun Prime, and picked up a cable card from my provider (Optimum), in the hopes of eliminating one or more DVR rentals from my account.

I got the thing initialized, it finds all the channels, but Optimum sets 90% with DRM. So far the only thing giving me ANY success to even watch is a Windows 7 Media Center PC, but I can't get anything better than SD quality out of it for some reason (processor IS a bit taxed when streaming hulu/netflix/amazon). I had some marginal success getting samples recorded, but quality was awful.

I've tried my Samsung Tablet (unable to play channel if DRM), firebox (sideloaded homerun app but the interface is crap without touchscreen, and I don't think that worked either), HTC M8 phone (unable to play if DRM).

So what else can I buy to be able to watch and record the stations I am already paying for? I'm thinking xbox one from what I've read but before I go plunk down for another device can anyone tell me definitively if they have this combo working with te HDHomerun?

thanks for any advice!

Michael

post #2794 of 2794 Old 10-14-2017, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1729 Post(s)
Liked: 1574
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgfitch View Post
Hello all, trying to figure out if I am completely wasting my time on this thing (because thats what it feels like).
Yes, you are wasting your time with the HDHomeRun DVR if you have a lot of DRM channels. Silicondust is working on DRM recording for Windows 10, Mac and Android but there is no telling how long that will take. They said it would be ready "soon" two years ago.

As far as WMC goes that's still working fine for me on Win7, including DRM channels. It's possible your SD channels got merged with your HD channel numbers. Open your TV guide and scroll to one of your HD channels. Arrow left and click on the channel number, then click "edit channel", then "edit sources". Check each source in the list to see if it matches up with the HD version. If the SD sources are mixed in for that channel just un-check those.
Gator99 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
hdhomerun bluray

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page