About the silverstone GD05 (noise) - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 11-30-2012, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I find my GD04 to be very quiet as well.

Also, the 120mm Demci fan filters that PerformancePC's sell fit right over the fan inlets and stick to the steel case (you have to overlap them a bit on the side with two fans). Very handy and not that noticible as they are black with black mesh..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 12-01-2012, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlantNGo View Post

If you're constrained on depth, yes. I tried to find a micro ATX case that was less than 14" deep, and this was really the only suitable one, so I got it despite not being terribly impressed with the look (I prefer something with a "volume wheel" like a Sony receiver).

Why don't you buy a volume wheel and stick it somewhere on the front of the case. tongue.gif
post #33 of 38 Old 12-01-2012, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidT99 View Post

Why don't you buy a volume wheel and stick it somewhere on the front of the case. tongue.gif

Hah, I might have to look into that! Ideally it would be a power button or have some functionality, which would require some more modding than I'd like to do, but it certainly sounds plausible.
post #34 of 38 Old 12-03-2012, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Lol! I hate volume wheels. I even modded my Monuel Labs 312B to remove it.
post #35 of 38 Old 12-23-2012, 01:34 PM

Liked: 10
I did the mod and moved the 2 pins over to the 5v side but don't see a way to connect the molex to the Seasonic 460w fanless modular PSU. The sockets are labeled M / B (2), Peripheral - IDE / SATA, CPU / PCI-E.
post #36 of 38 Old 12-23-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonywaist View Post

I did the mod and moved the 2 pins over to the 5v side but don't see a way to connect the molex to the Seasonic 460w fanless modular PSU. The sockets are labeled M / B (2), Peripheral - IDE / SATA, CPU / PCI-E.

You don't have a connector for your modular PSU that has a molex on it? It'll probably be on the Peripheral - IDE connector.
post #37 of 38 Old 12-26-2012, 02:34 PM

Liked: 10
No, the PSU came with 9 modular cables but none to make use of the 3 fan to 1 molex adapter cable that came with the case. The Peripheral section of the PSU has 4 x 6-pin sockets. I thought some of you were connecting these 3 fans to your PSU... any modular ones?

Or should I not do the 5V mod, and connect the 3 fans to the ASRock H77M motherboard? I see there is a current discussion in the HTPC buying guide sticky about how to do it. Would I only need a 3pin power to 4pin molex adapter?
post #38 of 38 Old 12-26-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonywaist View Post

No, the PSU came with 9 modular cables but none to make use of the 3 fan to 1 molex adapter cable that came with the case. The Peripheral section of the PSU has 4 x 6-pin sockets. I thought some of you were connecting these 3 fans to your PSU... any modular ones?
Or should I not do the 5V mod, and connect the 3 fans to the ASRock H77M motherboard? I see there is a current discussion in the HTPC buying guide sticky about how to do it. Would I only need a 3pin power to 4pin molex adapter?

Just to make sure, you're not trying to connect the 3 fan to 1 molex cable directly to the PSU sockets, right? The PSU should have come with at least one set of cables with a molex connector that plugs into those 6-pin peripheral sockets. If you have one of these, then plug in the 3-to-1 molex cable into the molex connector on the peripheral cable coming from the PSU.

I'm not familiar with your motherboard so I'm not sure about using the fan headers on it. Check the manual to see if any of them support voltage control. If they do, then you can use a 3-to-1 3-pin fan splitter cable to hook up all three case fans to a single fan header rather than using the 3-pin to molex. You'll only be able to monitor the speed of one, however. This is my current setup, and I prefer it to allow the case fans to spin faster when I'm gaming.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page