Originally Posted by Laserfan
Sorry for the basic question, but I see no mention of GoodPlayer in either the InstaTV site or the App store. Is a separate player app still required for iPad viewing? If yes, which one(s) supported?
There are two branches of InstaTV. The one available on AppStore is a transcoding solution that requires a Windows PC and an ATSC/ClearQAM tuner card. No external player is required.
Another branch that is still in development (InstaTV 2.0) is a direct streaming solution that does not require a Windows PC. It streams directly from a HDHomeRun device to iPad/iPhone. It's currently in testing and should be available sometime this summer. It does not require any external player anymore.
We have just released InstaTV 2.0 beta 5 today on TestFlight.
For those who do not have a TestFlight tester account and want to access the app as well, InstaTV is now also available as QuickTV-20120620 on a Cydia repo: http://apt.appbeta.org
QuickTV is based on the exact same source code as InstaTV except it will be updated more frequently.
So just to be clear: On Cydia it's called QuickTV and on AppStore it's called InstaTV
- New: Requires email for follow-up
- New: Available as QuickTV on AppBeta.org
- New: Show audio property on audio selector
- New: Improved multi-tuner support. Now each HDHR device have a separate channel list. This is useful when there are multiple HDHR devices with different signal source.
- New: Improved native AV decoder
- New: Improved logging for better feedback
- New: Show which tuner is currently used in channel list
- Fix: Change audio stream causes crash
- Fix: Various bugs based on Beta 4 feedbackUPDATE 1: If your JB device can install but can't start the app, please wait....looks like we have a build problem. It works for some devices but not all.UPDATE 2 (June 24): If you used Absinthe on the Mac to JB and have problem start the app, try Absinthe on the PC