7MC remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-28-2011, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a remote that controls MC, and it does it well. The only issue I'm running into is movie controls while watching an MKV. I can't fastforward/rewind unless I drag the bar down at the bottom with my mouse. The FF/RW buttons on the remote will only bump forward with every press about 30 - 60 seconds or so, but I can't hold it down to get it to go faster .. so if I wanted to FF 30 mins into a movie, it would take forever unless I just get up and do it manually.

With other movie files I don't seem to have this issue. I'm using MC + MB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-28-2011, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 166
MKVs have that problem in WMC. Here is a trick that might help. If you press a number key and then Skip Fwd or Back it will skip that many times at once. If your skip fwd is indeed 60 seconds then hitting 9 + Skip Fwd will move it nine minutes forward. You can also use more than one digit like 30 + Skip.

There is also a registry edit that allows you to change the number of seconds you skip. I think I have 45 fwd and 30 back.

post #3 of 4 Old 10-28-2011, 10:55 PM

Liked: 12
I'm not sure about MKV playback, but while playing recorded tv in MCE you can enter the number in minutes you want to go to & then hit play & MCE will go to that time in the show. So if you wanted to go to the 45 minute mark, just press 45 & then the play button.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawd1992 View Post

I'm not sure about MKV playback, but while playing recorded tv in MCE you can enter the number in minutes you want to go to & then hit play & MCE will go to that time in the show. So if you wanted to go to the 45 minute mark, just press 45 & then the play button.

Yes that works for mkv too. I was a little miffed about this at first too, but 1 minute increments works really well to get you where you need to go. At this point I prefer it to tracks or fast winding.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page