I just got mine today. Installed openelec/xbmc with no issues at all. Boots a bit slow and is not as responsive as the install on my amd 2x core but that's understandable. I also used a class 4 4gig sd card. I'm thinking a class 10 would be faster. I found my mouse. It also found my rosewill remote no issues. It did found my iogear wifi dongle which wasn't my first choice however seemed people did not have any issues with it and neither did I. Got an ip address and was able to connect to my media on my htpc. I ended up buying the codec's but they have not gotten here yet.
Ok so did some testing and found:
1. 8.5gig handbrake compressed mkv plays with some stuttering
2. 20gig mkv forget about it.
3 3.6gig hand brake compressed mkv stutters at times but very watchable
This is wireless with my dlink 655 1 floor down right under me. In my kitchen much worse.
picture looks great though. This is also non bit streaming just the hdmi hooked to my tv.
Ran the same movies this time connected to my lan
1. 20 gig mkv stuttered some no watchable
2. 8.5 gig hand brake compressed mkv played fine no stuttering but even though the scrren said 4 xFF the movie did not FF
3. 3.6 gig handbrake compressed played fine no stutters FF did not work
Not sure if there is a setting I missed for the remote with the FF
Movie really looks nice though.
Changed my HDMI cable to one I got at circuit city monster cable, yeah back then I was newbie about HDMI however these are the results
Using my wifi
1. 8.5 gig hand brake compressed played no stuttering where with the other cable it stuttered some
2. 20 gig mkv frequent stuttering for 2-3 sec. but could be watched
3. 3.6 gig handbrake compressed no stuttering at all.
Using Lan with the monster HDMI
Some stuttering for maybe 1/4-1/2 a sec. certainly watchable.
HDMI cable does make a difference the cheap one I got off new egg. I use cables from bluejeans cables now with no issues on my bluray and htpc
I'm not sure about wifi optimization yet.
I've only had it running for a few hrs.
I have read about overclocking it here
Not sure if I can do that running openelec though
Really if it works for streaming recorded tv shows off wmc I'll be very happy and the wife will be smiling and that's always a good thing.