Ceton InfiniTV/SiliconDust HD Prime Questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-27-2011, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just recently purchased both of these and wondering which one will suite my use.

Basically my setup right now is a HTPC (W7 Ultimate) connected to my 42" in my living room. Then I just installed a 32" in my bedroom. I also plan on adding two more TV's in my basement when I finish the remodel.

I know with Ceton you need to have a Media Extender in order to view live TV on additional TV's (Xbox 360). Or you can setup bridging in order to use one of the tuners for a different TV.

And from what I read from SiliconDust their's allows you to use any Windows 7 machine to watch live and recorded TV.

From that perspective it seems SiliconDust HD is the suite for me, but some people said that even with recorded TV you might be limited to just one machine.

What setup works the best? I want live TV on every screen when it is needed and the ability to watch recorded content from a centralized location.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-27-2011, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
If your provider has the copy once flag set then you will only be able to watch recordings on the pc they came from. Regardless if you get the prime or not. Unless you use an extender which at this time means an xbox 360.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-27-2011, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I already priced a mini PC for $260 that I could use to sit behind my TV instead of buying an Xbox. My main thing about going the 360 route is their inability to play mkv files and that's what I stream across my network.

What would you recommend for my setup?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page