UNHAPPY - HD HomeRun Prime major issues with Intel DH67CF & DH67GD motherboard NICs - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 67 Old 01-09-2013, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Sorry for being late to the party...

Try this if you have an old 100mbps switch laying around: Connect the mobo to your existing gigabit switch as you do now. Then put a 100mbps switch between the Prime and the gigabit switch.

The hope here is that the two switches can better interoperate than your Intel NIC and the Prime. This trick served me very well when I had interoperability issues between a DSL modem and a gigabit WAN port of a router.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 02-21-2013, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
On the first page he mentions he has tried connecting the Prime to 100mbps and it did not resolve the issue.

Even after installing the very latest NIC drivers direct from Intel, I'm still having pixellation on some channels, especially bad is BBC America. I've made all the changes listed through this thread - disabling EEE, etc.

I have the Intel DH67GDB3 with the 82579V NIC. My other HTPCs with Realtek cards have no pixellation. I'm going to put a stand-alone Realtek card in the main HTPC soon and see if the issues go away.

I'm glad this old thread got pulled back up. I will report back after installing the Realtek and getting some time to make sure everything is working OK.
post #63 of 67 Old 02-21-2013, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 168
All my PC's have realtech NICs and I don't have any issues whatsoever with my Prime or the echo paired with my HTPC either.

post #64 of 67 Old 02-21-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
OK, I couldn't wait. I work from home so I had the ability to test this right away.

I've installed a Trendnet Gig-E NIC, which uses the Realtek chipset. As stated earlier, BBC America seems to be the worst offender when it comes to pixellation. I just watched 10 minutes of BBC-A and did not see a single pixellation event. Also noticed no audio dropouts or stutters. I'll keep an eye on it and report back.

I am disappointed that this points to Intel being the problem. I would prefer to see Intel fix the problem, I don't want additional heat generating cards in my HTPC.
post #65 of 67 Old 02-21-2013, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

All my PC's have realtech NICs and I don't have any issues whatsoever with my Prime or the echo paired with my HTPC either.

+1 here. All Realtek NICs, no problems with HDHR Prime. I get 80-90MB/s uploading large MKVs to my server. I don't have any Echos.

post #66 of 67 Old 02-22-2013, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
+3 No problems with Realtek NIC....Is ther a way to check your network stats? You may have a bad network cable.. I am on a managed switch with the ability to monitor performance stastistics. I am able to run all three HTPC's with out a problem. HDHR3-CC and HDHR-Dual.
biggrin.gif
post #67 of 67 Old 02-22-2013, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I have a mixed environment of Intel and Realtek with Trendnet gigabit switches. I don't have any issues with the Ceton or playing very HBR mkvs

4 Tuner Ceton, 2 two tuner HD Homeruns. Lots of PCs, HTPCs and an HP Extender

Just another blank signature.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page