DVI Doctor losing EDID info ocassionally - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-16-2011, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a DVI Doctor hooked up between a Zotac GT430 and an Onkyo TX-SR606 via HDMI -> DVI -> HDMI to bitstream audio.

The DVI output of the card is hooked up directly to my tv.

When everything is running fine, the HTPC, which is running Windows 7 x32 SP1, can see both displays.

However, from time to time, the secondary (Onkyo) display is not detected. When this happens, I have to hook up power to the DVI Doctor and get it to "refresh" its EDID info. After this, it works fine, sometimes for a couple of weeks, sometimes just a few days.

The device is slightly over 18 months old and the problem started a month or so ago. I know many people here use this particular device, so I wanted to know if anybody else has experienced this issue.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-16-2011, 08:44 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
The Onkyo could be the problem. The 606 HDMI failing after a year or so is a known issue.

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
post #3 of 3 Old 12-16-2011, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

The Onkyo could be the problem. The 606 HDMI failing after a year or so is a known issue.

I have devices connected to the other HDMI inputs on the receiver that don't exhibit this issue. Wouldn't this problem show up for them as well if that was the case?

Edit:
I googled the 606 HDMI issues, and it seems like when the HDMI daughter board is fried, nothing one does gets it to work again. In my case, I don't have to touch anything on the receiver, I just have to "refresh" the DVI Doctor.

In any case, since the DVI Doctor is between the receiver and the HTPC, even if the HDMI input was going bad, the HTPC should still detect the receiver, since the DVI Doctor is supposed to pretend that the receiver is always present and on, right?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page