Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 308 Old 04-07-2012, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

This topic appears to be heating up even further... Hope congress does not buy into the excessive lobbying of the movie studios and record companies.

The changes proposed will change how we view and listen- and not at all for the better.

I am looking to improve my life- and experience. Not hinder it.

I haven't been paying attention, what has happened?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 308 Old 04-07-2012, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
There are FAR more things to be concerned about.

Hollywood despite advances in technology (VCR, DVD, Internet) still raked in record profits last year, look it up.

Downloading content, we're in the minority. Half the people using a computer don't even know how to backup their data let alone download content and don't know where to get it.

What you should be concerned with is the worsening racial divide, unsolved economic issues from 2007/2008 and the Fukshima Building #4.

Even if everybody paid for every piece of video or audio they have, the economy would still be where it is, RIAA would still be protecting the business model of the industry and not the artist and the movie industry would still make as much money as they do now, if not more.

A. Thomas -
GSN: djfourmoney
'03 SRT-4 12.74@106 in the 1/4
PSN - DJFourMoney
post #303 of 308 Old 04-07-2012, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Agree, Fukshima #4 scares me big time.

I would say the vast majority view content legally, but via Netflix and such - not disk purchase. I have probably 50 DVDs and 25 blu-rays. Many of the purchased disks are other-region, as I tend to rent locally-available content. Does that make me legal? All the content that I have I purchased legally.
post #304 of 308 Old 04-08-2012, 06:15 AM

Liked: 10
I have never downloaded any movies. But, I also don't think I have ever paid more than $15 for any one I have including blu rays.

I have dl'ed some music before. Cd's are just too high. I won't pay more than $10. I don't need anything that bad. I have too many mp3's, and streaming music channels to listen to in order to pay that much for music.

There used to be plenty of sites you could get any cd for 9.99, but I haven't come across those in quite a while.
post #305 of 308 Old 04-08-2012, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

This topic appears to be heating up even further... Hope congress does not buy into the excessive lobbying of the movie studios and record companies.

you need not fear Congress Critters buying into the excessive lobbying of the movie studios and record companies.

what is much more likely is that the movie studios and record companies will just buy our Congress Critters (assuming they haven't already...)

NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
post #306 of 308 Old 04-09-2012, 10:22 AM

Liked: 13
I dont own movies and I dont download them and store them on my HDD. If I cant get it on Netflix then I may download it and watch it once then delete to keep space free, I see no reason to keep movies since I wont watch them again. Ive only ever bought 2 DVD's which was like 10 years ago. If the studios want my money they better put it on Netflix because Im not paying $20 for something I only watch once.
post #307 of 308 Old 06-04-2012, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 917
Some good news for torrenters-

US Judges are claiming you can't identify a person by an IP address and an IP address alone is not enough for a court case.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #308 of 308 Old 06-04-2012, 04:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:

Some good news for torrenters-

US Judges are claiming you can't identify a person by an IP address and an IP address alone is not enough for a court case.

You're late Mfusick...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1408855

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page