DTD Calc Help: Intel 945 chipset and Panasonic Plasma - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-27-2011, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an Intel Inspiron e1405 laptop (Intel 945 chipset) hooked up to a Panasonic P50G10 via VGA (from my laptop's VGA into my TV's VGA). I'm unable to get anything other than 1024x768 to display properly. The e1405 does not have a HDMI or DVI port.

I was able to get a newer Dell laptop to connect to the TV via VGA and display 1280x768 and 1360x768 properly, so I know the issue is on the e1405's end.

My laptop offers me 1280x768 resolution, which the TV supports. However, the image is stretched horizontally on the TV, and about 1/3 of the desktop on the right side is cut off. When I drag my cursor to the right side of the desktop that's cut off, the TV screen scrolls horizontally to that side.

So, how can I use DTD calculator to squeeze 1280x768 horizontally (think anamorphic) so that I will have 1:1 pixel mapping? Any time I try to adjust 1280x768 horizontally, it just ends up reducing the overall horizontal resolution.

Other things I've tried:
  • Setting the TV as the primary display, extended desktop, and as a clone. No change.
  • Using Powerline. Not compatible with Intel chipsets apparently.
  • Upgrading to latest Intel driver for 945 Chipset.
  • Using DTD Calculator to add custom resolutions. Although they get added to the registry, they still don't show up as available resolutions. Thinking that some standard resolutions might be blocked by the BIOS, I tried other resolutions (1279x768), but no luck there either.
  • Using moninfo to get my TV's edid info. The problem is that my TV is only detected as a standard monitor. So the edid is useless.
  • Using Intel IEGD to create a new driver. I get cryptic error messages when creating the driver. Support for IEGD seems to be nonexistent.
  • Switching VGA cables. Same results.

I've been working on this issue for a few months, but haven't made any progress. If you can help me solve this problem, I will erect a shrine to you in my house!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-06-2012, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bump for hope!
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version