I have completed my first HTPC build and everything is now operational to replace my Cox DVR. I do have a few questions as I begin the process to really fine tune this "appliance". Any help is appreciated.
1. Should the default video setting be 59hz or 60hz?
2. How can I start WMC in media mode when I have the "Start WMC when windows starts" selected ?
3. What are the acceptable CPU and System temperatures?
4. Is there a way to see buffer thumbnails while scrubbing using the remote..similar to what you would see when using the mouse?
5. Is it ok to disconnect the HDD Led? The flashing activity light is becoming distracting.
7. Should WMC Optimization be used?
8. I run this HTPC with a Pioneer AVR and Samsung LED TV. Any tips on HTPC shutdown, sleep, hibernation, and wake up are welcomed. Right now I'm running this HTPC 24/7 while fine tune.
9. The guide shows DD Plus for audio yet I get DD only to my AVR. Is this normal?
BTW - I'm using the HD Prime cable card tuner. No problems as of now.
Thanks for any help.
Samsung PN60F8500, Panasonic TH-42PD25U/P, Pioneer VSX-1018TXH-K, Oppo BDP-93, Aperion Audio 5T&5C, HSU STF-2, PS3, Wii, HTPC, SD Homerun Prime, Ceton Echo