Logitech Harmony One/Imon IR Issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-03-2012, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure why, but as of late all of a sudden commands will not work with my HTPC from the Harmony One. The HTPC uses the Imon software (Thermaltake case). I have to reprogram the remote in order for it to work, but the last time I tried even after reprogramming it still didn't work.

The programming for the TV still works fine (you can turn volume up and down, shut on and off), it is just the WMC commands.

Any ideas?

I might just bypass the Imon IR receiver all together and just use the Logitech IR extender that came free with the remote, but I'm assuming I need some IR USB receiver in order to use that extender?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Are you certain the commands from the harmony remote are being captured on your PC at all?

If the PC is getting the commands, then check your software. If the PC is not getting the commands, then check the IR receiver (hardware). Did you change anything when the remote stopped working as expected?

I'm confused too.

post #3 of 8 Old 01-03-2012, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakingcustom View Post

Not sure why, but as of late all of a sudden commands will not work with my HTPC from the Harmony One. The HTPC uses the Imon software (Thermaltake case). I have to reprogram the remote in order for it to work, but the last time I tried even after reprogramming it still didn't work.

The programming for the TV still works fine (you can turn volume up and down, shut on and off), it is just the WMC commands.

Any ideas?

I might just bypass the Imon IR receiver all together and just use the Logitech IR extender that came free with the remote, but I'm assuming I need some IR USB receiver in order to use that extender?

If you bypass the iMon IR receiver then you will not be able to control your PC since you turned off its IR input.

Download and install the latest version of iMon manager from here http://www.soundgraph.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10197

If that doesn't work for you then now you understand why some many people hate iMon products.

Go to eBay and search for and buy a cheap "HP Media Center IR Receiver". Should be less than $15 shipped.

post #4 of 8 Old 01-03-2012, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djearl81 View Post

Are you certain the commands from the harmony remote are being captured on your PC at all?

If the PC is getting the commands, then check your software. If the PC is not getting the commands, then check the IR receiver (hardware). Did you change anything when the remote stopped working as expected?

Nothing was changed, but I just turned on the HTPC and the remote works. I give it a day and it won't work again.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-03-2012, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

If you bypass the iMon IR receiver then you will not be able to control your PC since you turned off its IR input.

Download and install the latest version of iMon manager from here http://www.soundgraph.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10197

If that doesn't work for you then now you understand why some many people hate iMon products.

Go to eBay and search for and buy a cheap "HP Media Center IR Receiver". Should be less than $15 shipped.

Yeah I'm running version 7 right now. I will upgrade to 8 and see what happens.

Question is what, can I use the Logitech IR Extender for? I'm planning on building a lower power HTPC soon to replace the one I have. Currently the one I have is running a 500W PSU, AMD Athlon, 8GB DDR3, 1TB and 2TB HD (those can go when the new build is done), and a ATI 4650.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-03-2012, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have always had the same issues with imon.

One thing you can try: search imon forums and download "imontest". Have it open while you try the remote and it will show any IR codes the IR receiver is detecting. I found this useful when troubleshooting button maps, etc.

Another interesting thing about imontest...I have plenty of times when buttons on my harmony touchscreen do not work, but the normal buttons do. When I open imontest it does detect that the harmony touchscreen is indeed sending the correct IR code..it is the imon software not working. After opening imon test all of a sudden imon software will start working again and the buttons work. I can close imon test and use WMC with no issues.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-03-2012, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakingcustom View Post

Yeah I'm running version 7 right now. I will upgrade to 8 and see what happens.

Question is what, can I use the Logitech IR Extender for? I'm planning on building a lower power HTPC soon to replace the one I have. Currently the one I have is running a 500W PSU, AMD Athlon, 8GB DDR3, 1TB and 2TB HD (those can go when the new build is done), and a ATI 4650.

The IR extender is so that you don't have to have line of sight to your device's IR receiver.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...?t=1318737#los

post #8 of 8 Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 PM

I have the Antec case that comes with the Imon software. I didn't want an IR dongle to clutter up my HTPC so I figured this was the way to go. WRONG!!! Imon is a horrible software to pair up with my Harmony One Remote. I spent days trying to program the remote to work properly with the software but I couldn't get it to work. Either the signal didn't register or it kept repeating. I was so frustrated trying to change channels or use the guide b/c the number would either repeat itself or it kept scrolling constantly in the guide when I push the up or down button once only. I contacted Logitech and this is what the suggest I try:

On your home page click Devices
Select the device having problems.
Select Troubleshoot.
Select Show me more problem and click Next.
Select My device doesn't appear to receive every command correctly. and click Next.
Select The device responds to some commands occasionally and click Next.
Select the option either one above or one below the current setting and then click Save.
Update the remote.
If this does not resolve the issue, repeat steps 1-7 and try a different number of repeats.

It helped a little bit but the keys were still being repeated. I finally gave up and bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

I plugged it into my HTPC, did a quick reprogram on my Harmony remote and everything works PERFECTLY. My suggestion is to ditch Imon and buy the MCE IR receiver instead.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page