Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 01-05-2012, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hello,

I have been using the Ceton card for sometime now, and I don't often use it for pausing or recording. But I have noticed that when I pause and come back to resume, I have a weird audio bug or error. It will either have no audio or loop the same 1/2 second clip over and over.

The only way it stops is if I hit stop, but then I get an error when I try to view live TV again, something about a video error...

ALSO, a separate issue that is related to live TV. When I hit stop, I see the channel guide, then I hit the back button to get back to Mediabrowser. What happens though is I see the channel guide again. This I will hit the back button a few more times and the same result, until I eventually get sent back to the WMC main menu.

Anyone see something like this?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-05-2012, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Others may have different opinions, but neither problem sounds like a problem directly attributed to the Ceton.

I have had similar issues with sound after pausing (also fast forwarding or rewinding) TV with my Ceton, HDHomerun (QAM) and ATI (cablecard) tuners. In each case, the problem was not with my tuners but instead with the beloved HDMI connections (HTPC -> AVR -> TV). I have two HTPCs with different HDMI chains. The first is nVidia HDMI -> Marantz -> older Panasonic. The second is Intel SB HDMI -> Emotiva UMC-1 -> newer Panasonic. Each machine is currently using only a combination of Ceton and HDHomerun tuners. The audio errors, to the extent they exist, differ on each machine and change when I have switched components (e.g., switch HTPCs and/or AVRs) in the HDMI chain and also when I have update drivers on the HTPCs and firmware on the AVRs. I would suggest that you look into whether you have the current graphics/audio driver on your HTPC and also the firmware on your AVR and TV.

The problem with the guide doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the Ceton.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-05-2012, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs2tx View Post

Others may have different opinions, but neither problem sounds like a problem directly attributed to the Ceton.

I have had similar issues with sound after pausing (also fast forwarding or rewinding) TV with my Ceton, HDHomerun (QAM) and ATI (cablecard) tuners. In each case, the problem was not with my tuners but instead with the beloved HDMI connections (HTPC -> AVR -> TV). I have two HTPCs with different HDMI chains. The first is nVidia HDMI -> Marantz -> older Panasonic. The second is Intel SB HDMI -> Emotiva UMC-1 -> newer Panasonic. Each machine is currently using only a combination of Ceton and HDHomerun tuners. The audio errors, to the extent they exist, differ on each machine and change when I have switched components (e.g., switch HTPCs and/or AVRs) in the HDMI chain and also when I have update drivers on the HTPCs and firmware on the AVRs. I would suggest that you look into whether you have the current graphics/audio driver on your HTPC and also the firmware on your AVR and TV.

The problem with the guide doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the Ceton.

I agree on both accounts. I drop "Ceton" in there just in case it is related at all. Although unlikely.

I have a Nvidia->Onkyo->Panasonic hdmi route.

So you would think this audio error to be HDCP related? I guess that isn't too crazy. Definitely going to update my video card drivers. What about codecs? I am using Lav filters.
post #4 of 10 Old 01-05-2012, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would agree that it is likely a problem in your HDMI/HDCP path and not specifically related to the Ceton card.

After adding the Ceton card to my HTPC, I now get "display driver error" on all channels coming from the Ceton card when I first turn on my AVR and TV (the HTPC is on 24/7 and the AVR and TV are turned off when not in use). I also have OTA tuners and tuning those channels doesn't give the display error. I suspect the error is due to all the channels coming from the Ceton tuners require HDCP while the channels coming from the OTA tuners don't need HDCP. My HDMI/HDCP path is ATI HDMI -> Sony AVR -> Samsung HDTV.

My work around for the display driver error (all done from the remote) is to close the Media Center app, then turn off the AVR, turn on the AVR, then start the Media Center app. This corrects the display driver error 100% of the time, so there is clearly some HDMI/HDCP problem in the order which the different components establish the HDMI/HDCP connection (coupled with the fact that the HTPC is always on and the AVR/TV are turned on/off).
post #5 of 10 Old 01-05-2012, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I had the exact same problem although my equipment is different. I have my HTPC connected to my Pioneer AVR via HDMI...then HDMI to a Samsung TV. In Windows 7, I had setup my sound settings to be 5.1 and at a high bit rate/freq. I ended up reconfiguring the sound to be stereo and 16 bit, 48000hz. Once I made this change, everything worked perfect for me. You may want or give this a try.

Samsung PN60F8500, Panasonic TH-42PD25U/P, Pioneer VSX-1018TXH-K, Oppo BDP-93, Aperion Audio 5T&5C, HSU STF-2, PS3, Wii, HTPC, SD Homerun Prime, Ceton Echo
post #6 of 10 Old 01-05-2012, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Agree with the others - this isn't a problem with the InfiniTV itself. My recommendations:
1. Upgrade video drivers
2. Uninstall any Remote Access (VNC, LogMeIn, etc) software you may have installed
3. Connect PC directly to display (No receiver/Video switch)
4. Upgrade display firmware

Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation
post #7 of 10 Old 01-05-2012, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks guys for the info!

I thought I had nipped HDCP crap in the butt...I guess I may not have.

I upgraded my drivers and I will go from there...I do have teamviewer installed, but would that really have something to do with it?

Anyways I guess I'll keep playing around until I find a solution.
post #8 of 10 Old 01-08-2012, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Eric's #3 is definate within Comcasts world when setting up an HD STB, this was in the tech's setup guide when he came to do the STB setup. I found that I could run feeds from an STB direct to TV (hdmi) and to my internal card (coax - hdmi from computer to TV) at the same time and then a fiber from the TV to my Sony receiver. I have maintained this set up so only one source is set on receiver and use the TV as the only source switch.
I have deleated the use of the STB and internal card with a Prime. I have gotten an audio stutter like a bad CD twice when I have run back a show and replayed a segment a couple of times in a row in WMC. Cannot force it to happen at will. I have not seen this problem before using a CC tuner but I had not used the replay feature as much in the past. The cause on this one maybe another item of compliance softwares butting heads.
post #9 of 10 Old 01-09-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I wonder if that audio stutter could be a large number of DPCs from another driver - maybe some time with Xperf would help?
Beyond that, a firmware update for the receiver and TV might be a good idea

Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation
post #10 of 10 Old 01-12-2012, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Just wanted to update, I installed the latest beta of the nvidia drivers and the problem looks to be fixed.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page