I know I am a little late to the game, but here would be my top ten requests:
1. an app store. allow 3rd parties to build plug-ins to extend the functionality.
2. full mymovie support. I know that others use other apps to do similar functionality, but I ripped all of my purchased movies (11TB+). I would like that to continue to work. This means Blu-ray ISO or BDVM.... I mean, with the ability for camcorders to shoot HD, and video editing apps to convert that to blu-ray discs.... shouldn't I be able to watch all my own user created content.... that isn't encrypted? (if you catch my drift)
3. themes. the one you have is nice, but may not be for everyone
4. really good parental controls. I mean really good. I have kids and i like to be able to control what they watch, how long they watch, when the watch time starts and ends... etc.
5. Airplay. Apple said that they were going to make that an open standard. The ability to push things to an tv from iTunes, iPhone, iPad, etc is an amazing feature.
6. Remote access. It is great to remotely add shows to record.
7. Ability to add drives to extend recording time. Or save the shows to a WHS.
8. Amazon Prime video streaming.
9. iTunes support... please.... ok, this is a bit of a tough one, but I can dream?
10. the ability to customize what you see on your window. I don't watch sports, nor do I use WMC for my music. I wish I could remove those strips.
That said, this is great news. If the echo and Q are as good as they are being made out to be.... then all I can say is I have a fair amount ready on my credit card with ceton's name on it. We are moving into our new house in June... it would be great if you had it ready by then.... please?!
(BTW - please forgive me if some of these have been mentioned before. It is difficult to read through all 11 pages and remember everything)