post #7711 of 7721 Old 05-28-2013, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

You are confusing "still working on" with "abandoned"; stop doing that and you will stop being wrong. Since MS is both selling WMC and supporting WMC they have not abandoned it. Anyone who says "abandoned a product" means "still selling and supporting a product" is simply wrong. I noticed a lot of people in this thread change words and then argue that these newly changed words are correct (acting like they were the original words used) or that I used them myself. The lie being crushed is that Microsoft has abandoned WMC. They obviously have not. They may or may not have done other things, but that is a completely different conversation. I proved they created a new version of WMC for Windows 8 and are both currently selling and supporting this new product. That proves they did not abandon WMC.

EDIT: It might be correct to say "Microsoft is no longer spending resources to develop new versions of WMC", but that is a far cry from saying "Microsoft has abandoned WMC". To give a little example to help understand better:

EDIT EDIT: A better example is Saturn. GM is no longer making new Saturns, but they did not abandon the Saturn line (even though you cannot buy new ones, unlike with WMC), they still support it until the end of life of the warranties. http://www.saturn.com/owners/owner_resources/warranty.html

All of this is just your opinion, as it is mine. There is no lie or right and wrong here, it's a matter of interpretation.

Please stop making blanket statements as if you know what 'abandon' means to different people. You don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7712 of 7721 Old 05-28-2013, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Give it up already!!

post #7713 of 7721 Old 05-28-2013, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Just ignore the posts man, it's not like there's anything new for the Echo (as usual).
post #7714 of 7721 Old 05-28-2013, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Yeah that's the real sad part in this equation!

Dave Harper
ISF, CTS
Harper Home Theater Systems
ISF Calibrations, Consultations
Sales & Installations
post #7715 of 7721 Old 05-28-2013, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

Just ignore the posts man, it's not like there's anything new for the Echo (as usual).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Harper View Post

Yeah that's the real sad part in this equation!

Yup. It is entertainment I suppose.

post #7716 of 7721 Old 05-28-2013, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 279
I'm getting bored...

Maybe Ceton has "abandoned" the Echo.

Cue the infallible, omniscient Cybrsage...

Slowbiscuit, since WMC still exists, why not simply admit that you are completely and utterly wrong and are a dirty liar, Satan incarnate, bent on the destruction of all things good?
post #7717 of 7721 Old 05-28-2013, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 190
I will believe WMC is not dead when Microsoft finally fixes the 29/59 bug that they acknowledged and KBed for about a year or two ago: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2658140

Otherwise, everyone just talking out of their ***.
Venomnusss likes this.
post #7718 of 7721 Old 05-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 234
I think the proper thing to say is "Microsoft has literally killed, and abandoned WMC."

That should make everyone happy, as common usage now has "literally" being used interchangeably with "not really"

Cue the grammar police to scold me about improper usage of "literally" and overuse of quotation marks http://xkcd.com/386/

Perhaps someone should start an Echo Owners thread. That might help. smile.gif

If I had a signature, this is where it would be.
post #7719 of 7721 Old 05-28-2013, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhieb View Post

I think the proper thing to say is "Microsoft has literally killed, and abandoned WMC."

You are wrong with both halves of the "and" statement, but you knew that beforehand, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

All of this is just your opinion, as it is mine. There is no lie or right and wrong here, it's a matter of interpretation.

Please stop making blanket statements as if you know what 'abandon' means to different people. You don't.

Actually, abandoned means the same thing to everyone if you want to use it correctly. You can learn how to use the word properly here: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/abandon?s=t

It really does not mean anything like what you are saying it means. You really should just admit you either exaggerated immensely or you had no idea what abandon meant. Now you no longer have the latter as an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

Yup. It is entertainment I suppose.

Passes the time until something important about the Echo comes out. Until then, the lie will be continually squashed. Maybe we should just say Microsoft has built an entirely new and updated version of WMC for everyone to have for free - that is as accurate as saying Microsoft abandoned WMC. smile.gif
post #7720 of 7721 Old 05-28-2013, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

I will believe WMC is not dead when Microsoft finally fixes the 29/59 bug that they acknowledged and KBed for about a year or two ago: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2658140

Otherwise, everyone just talking out of their ***.

Nah...according to this criteria, all versions of Windows since Vista are dead (that includes Windows 8):
Quote:
There has been an annoying rename bug in Windows since Vista was launched and much to my surprise it is still not fixed in Window 8.
It seems Microsoft do not care but we have to keep trying and maybe one day they will fix it

Detailed description available at:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-files/explorerexe-bug/3ba10704-8814-4522-8abf-51d513b50fba?tm=1330856519975
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itprogeneral/thread/64ff4439-ca55-413b-bbe2-d4ab041ed8cb

smile.gif

I do agree it appears MS has stopped further development of WMC and that would include bug fixes, though I suspect they would fix any major bugs found.
post #7721 of 7721 Old 05-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 102
This thread has long been exhausted and is now serving no other purpose than to provide a personal battleground...thread closed.
rc05 likes this.
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

Tags
Blu Ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page