I got my beta invoice today, and after some deliberation I decided to accept the invite. I'm not real happy with the Echo's current capabilities (still limited to 720P and 2-channel PCM, really?), nor am I pleased with Ceton's level of communication over the past 9 months, but there really isn't anything else out there. Particularly with the rumors of the TiVo Mini delay, what other options for an expandable, whole-home DVR system do I have? So, I'm going to try to make the best of it by doing what I can to test the Echo and send in feature requests. Motz said a few months ago that if the Echo doesn't meet our needs, we have 30 days to return it after it is publicly available. If they can't get 1080i/p output, DD/DTS passthrough, and decent high-bitrate H.264 and VC-1 support working by then I'm going to send it back.