Starting Playback of Blu-Ray from Media Center 7 opens two copies of PowerDVD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-10-2012, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am not sure if I am asking for help in the right area. When I initiate Play of a Blu-Ray iso through My Movies in Media center, Two copies of Cyberlink Power DVD open. I then close the non media center Power DVD window and go back to the My Movies movie selection in Media Center. I start the movie again and it plays fine through Media Center with My Movies using Power DVD.

I am using the latest versions of My Movies, Vitual Clone Drive and AnyDVDHD. I am running Windows 7 64bit. Cyberlink Power DVD 9 Ultra.
I can't figure out if it is a Media Center, My Movies, Power DVD or a Virtual Clone Drive problem. This started happening randomly about 6 to 9 months ago. It seems to be happening almost all the time now. I am leaning towards the My Movies software as the Virtual clone drive version came out early last year and I have not upgraded Power DVD because it works perfectly and I don't want that to stop. My Movies was really the only thing I upgraded that I could see would affect the playback. I have searched and posted at the My Movies forum also.

Any help or a point in some direction would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

Egyptian Tomb Home Theater!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please visit my Web Page:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-10-2012, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I bet you have Power DVD setup to startup when you insert a Blu Ray.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-10-2012, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespurgeon View Post

I bet you have Power DVD setup to startup when you insert a Blu Ray.

I checked and that feature is disabled in Power DVD.
I wish it had been that easy.

Any other thoughts?

post #4 of 6 Old 01-10-2012, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, I think I found it. I went into Windows Control Panel and into File Associations. Windows showed Power DVD for Blu-Ray Playback. I changed it to Take No Action and it seems to have fixed the problem. So although I had it set correctly in Power DVD Windows over rode that setting. This problem did seem to not happen all the time. I just tried 5 different movies and it did not happen. If it crops up again. I will post.

post #5 of 6 Old 01-10-2012, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 32
You are not crazy. I had the two versions of PowerDVD problem yesterday but not today. I did not change anything.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I ran into a similar situation but with MPC-HC and mediabrowser. When I opened up MB it automatically started to play the last movie I watched in the background. I had to kill the task in order for it to stop. Have no clue why this started to happen.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page