Double image top 1/4 of screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-14-2012, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Don't know if this is a InfiniTV thing or HTPC, but while watching football today (noticed last week also) I will get a double image for a few seconds and then back to normal. I'm starting to notice a horizontal line in the top 1/4 to 1/3 of the screen and that is where the double imaging is occurring.

I have:

i3 2105
Gigabyte z68ma-d2h-b3
internal infiniTV

I downloaded all the latest drivers about a week ago, so everything should be up to date.

EDIT: Forgot to try my OTA stations, so just did and I'm getting same thing there, so has to be something with the computer settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-14-2012, 05:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1991 View Post

I downloaded all the latest drivers about a week ago, so everything should be up to date.

Were the previous drivers giving you these problems?

Latest is not always best.

I would try to revert back to those drivers and see if it fixes the problem. If so let it be and don't tinker.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-14-2012, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Can't really remember if I noticed it before or not. What I am noticing is I think it is only during football that I get it. I've been watching some other channels this evening and I'm not seeing it. Never noticed it on the cable box, so not thinking it's the TV. To describe it, I'd say it's like the ghosting you see with 3D, but only part of the screen.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-22-2012, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Went and looked at the Intel drivers and for some reason the one on the site was older than the one I had installed and there was no option in device manager to rollback. I went ahead and updated to what was on the site. Still having the issue on football and only seems to show during football.

I went to try and rewind today to see if I could pause at a spot to get a picture and noticed that it doesn't want to show back up as much as it was during live TV and sometimes not at all. It does start to appear a little later while on recorded and not live.

Anyone have any ideas? Any recommendation on how to get a picture of it besides sitting there with a camera focused on it and hope to catch it?
post #5 of 6 Old 03-26-2012, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue? Initially only noticed during sports, Nascar ticker on top gets bad, but noticed on 1080 home video other day. Still haven't seen on network shows or really other shows.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-11-2012, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Sorry if the topic of this post doesn't accurately depict what I'm seeing, but didn't know how else to describe.

Hopefully you can see, but basically across his eye line you can see the line. I have yet to find a solution. Tried new BIOS, looked at driver changes, but no luck. This picture was off a recorded program, but happens in live TV also.

I'd say it is something with the TV, but didn't notice before adding the HTPC.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page