HTPC Viewing on Scope Screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-16-2012, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please forgive me if this is answered somewhere in this forum or in the threads. I have searched both and cannot find anything. I'm looking to do a HTPC but will be doing a CIH scope screen using zoom. So, is there a way that you can only have Windows and MB/XMBC/etc only display in the scope portion of the projected image? I won't be able to see the entire 16:9 image with the masking and I'm doing a 15' wide scope screen so even if I could, the 16:9 image wouldn't begin to fit on the wall.

My 16:9 viewing is coming from a second projector dedicated for that viewing. It would be unreasonable to start with this projector, select something to watch, then switch and wait for the other PJ to start and warm up.

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-16-2012, 02:49 PM

If you set the resolution on your PC to an anamorphic ratio, it should do what you want. I use 1920*800 when the projector is zoomed for 2.40 content and 1920*1080 when it's zoomed for 16 by 9. I use a Panasonic ae7000. An additional advantage is that some games will pick up the anamorphic aspect ratio and deal with it correctly (Battlefield 3 at 12' anamorphic is pretty stunning )
post #3 of 3 Old 01-16-2012, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snurf View Post

If you set the resolution on your PC to an anamorphic ratio, it should do what you want. I use 1920*800 when the projector is zoomed for 2.40 content and 1920*1080 when it's zoomed for 16 by 9. I use a Panasonic ae7000. An additional advantage is that some games will pick up the anamorphic aspect ratio and deal with it correctly (Battlefield 3 at 12' anamorphic is pretty stunning )

Have you found a quick way to switch back and forth between the two resolutions w/o having to go into display settings, etc.? And does MB and XMBC and their skins/themes work in a scope resolution?

Thanks!
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page