M cable card, SiliconDust Prime tuner, Insight cable - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-21-2012, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I successfully installed a SiliconDust HDHR Prime 3 tuner networked box and Insight Cable activated the M card I had gotten from Insight & slid into the HDHR Prime. I have 3 xbox 360 Windows MEdia Center Extenders also networked, each xbox can start and present one of the SiliconDust tuners. I am receiving Insight's basic and "classic (ESPN, A&E, History) standard def channels and the local network affiliates standard & high def offerings. The new HDHR Prime with M cable card is not showing the "classic" and premium (Showtime, HBO) high def channels. I still, however, get all standard and high def channels, classic & premium via the Insight rented DVR that I am hoping to replace entirely with my new HDHR Prime tuner and xboxs.

The WMC server is a suped up Asus gaming laptop (http://www.bing.com/shopping/asus-g7...ptop&FORM=HURE) that has i7, 8 GByte RAM, and nvidia GTX 560 M graphics (which should be irrelevant it is the xboxes that connect to my HD tvs).

Anyone know if there is anything on my end either with WMC, Silicondust HDHR Prime or xbox that might result in me not receiving the HD versions of the classic and premium cable channels? After a full afternoon with Insight techs they are sending a guy out to change the cable card but I cannot fathom how that might improve anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-21-2012, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
I'd bet your CableCARD isn't properly paired and needs the CP Auth/CCV signal sent.

Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation
post #3 of 6 Old 01-22-2012, 05:16 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickotz View Post

I'd bet your CableCARD isn't properly paired and needs the CP Auth/CCV signal sent.

Agree with the statement above, but I needed to reboot once my cable card was paired to get all my channels. I only got the lowest tier digital channels before the reboot.

Tim
post #4 of 6 Old 01-22-2012, 02:35 PM

Liked: 12
This number may help you get to a tier 2 CSR and get them to send another hit of the variety Eric suggests; Insight Communications: 1-866-699-6686.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-22-2012, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimA View Post

Agree with the statement above, but I needed to reboot once my cable card was paired to get all my channels. I only got the lowest tier digital channels before the reboot.

Tim

Tim,

Thanks for the help. Reboot what? The HDHR PRime cable card tuner, WMC, both?
post #6 of 6 Old 09-05-2012, 08:25 AM

Liked: 11
for self-install, do i just walk into their office on palumbo drive and get a card and activate it from home by calling their support#?(meaning, no one from insight visits my home?)

too, can someone share what the feebreak up would look like for digital TV pack (with HD) with an m-card --$35 + $5 or more??

thanks
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page