10Likes
post #991 of 995 Old 01-25-2015, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvogue View Post
Unfortunately I have only recently bought my Sony TV, not sure about returning it as its a decent display.

I have decided to order Rasberry Pi B+ with Flirc (have a Harmony Touch coming) and put Rasplex on that, seems to be a cheaper way to get it on there and I think it can pass through everything too.
Last time I checked ( a year ago), the Raspberry Pi would not pass or decode HD audio.

According to the website mentioned above, the Chromebox mod will pass HD audio.

Knowledge is good. - Emil Faber, Faber College
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 995 Old Today, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hi all,

I thought d PHT (running on a PC) would allow for airplay of local content (e.g., videos/photos shot on my iPhone) to Plex, but it doesn't. I installed iTunes and restarted so Bonjour should be installed. Isn't Airplay (in this sense, and not streaming from the Plex iOS app to an apple TV, etc) supposed to work?

thanks....confused!
post #993 of 995 Old Today, 05:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by skro View Post
Hi all,

I thought d PHT (running on a PC) would allow for airplay of local content (e.g., videos/photos shot on my iPhone) to Plex, but it doesn't. I installed iTunes and restarted so Bonjour should be installed. Isn't Airplay (in this sense, and not streaming from the Plex iOS app to an apple TV, etc) supposed to work?

thanks....confused!
PHT is Plex Home Theater which is just a Plex Playing / Viewing app, where is the Plex Server? You need to have a Plex Server Running somewhere that is pointing to all of you media (movies, music and photos) and once it is set up properly you will be able to view all of them on your devices inside and outside of your house (if you choose).

Denon AVR-X7200 - Klipsch RF-82 II Fronts, RC-62 II Center, RS-52 II Surrounds & R-112SW & Four CDT-5800-C II Ceilings for an Atmos 5.1.4 Setup.
post #994 of 995 Old Today, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I've had Plex up and running like a charm for years. I've experimented with PMS on NAS and dedicated computers. Right now, I have PHT and PMS on the same Windows 7 machine. My problem isn't with local media on my server..that works just perfectly...rather, my problem is that it can't act as an Airplay receiver? For displaying Airplay content, I wouldn't think PMS is involved (but I could be wrong).

So, my basic question is:
Can you take a photo on your phone and display it (the photo on your phone) on a TV running Plex via Airplay (without having to move it to your photos folder in PMS)?...ie, do i need to buy an apple TV to do this one act?

Thanks!
post #995 of 995 Unread Today, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by skro View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I've had Plex up and running like a charm for years. I've experimented with PMS on NAS and dedicated computers. Right now, I have PHT and PMS on the same Windows 7 machine. My problem isn't with local media on my server..that works just perfectly...rather, my problem is that it can't act as an Airplay receiver? For displaying Airplay content, I wouldn't think PMS is involved (but I could be wrong).

So, my basic question is:
Can you take a photo on your phone and display it (the photo on your phone) on a TV running Plex via Airplay (without having to move it to your photos folder in PMS)?...ie, do i need to buy an apple TV to do this one act?

Thanks!
Ok I missed that part of the equation - From what I see online this should work but there are a lot of posts on the Plex forum saying that it isn't working / hasn't been working since a version update sometime in December.

I don't use Airplay at all so maybe someone else that has more knowledge can assist.

Denon AVR-X7200 - Klipsch RF-82 II Fronts, RC-62 II Center, RS-52 II Surrounds & R-112SW & Four CDT-5800-C II Ceilings for an Atmos 5.1.4 Setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page