Plex Discussion Thread - Page 35 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #1021 of 1047 Old 04-23-2015, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 20
So, last night I tried to play "Unbroken". I ripped the BD disc to mkv using MakeMKV and kept in the TrueHD soundtrack. When I tried to play it back in Plex HT, there was no audio. The result was not like typical sound related issues where there would be no sound heard AND the video would stutter in PHT. Rather, the video played perfectly fine, with no dropped frames. There just was no sound. If I switched to the DD 5.1 core track, I again got sound, just no TrueHD.

So I thought maybe its a problem with my drivers/equipment. So I tried to playback another movie with a DTS-HD MA sountrack, played back just fine, no issues. I tried another show that had a LPCM track, that played back fine as well. So for whatever reason, it just wont playback TrueHD. I'm running the latest builds of both the server and the client. Anyone else run into this quirk?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1047 Old 04-23-2015, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Do you have another TrueHD track to test?

I think I saw Unbroken has an Atmos track. That could potentially be causing your problems.

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #1023 of 1047 Old 04-23-2015, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post
Do you have another TrueHD track to test?

I think I saw Unbroken has an Atmos track. That could potentially be causing your problems.
sadly, i dont. or else I would have tested it. And yes, I do know it has an Atmos track but afaik, atmos is fully backwards compatible. I read its layered on top of the TrueHD track and if your AVR supports Atmos, then it makes use of the additional info. Of course you could be right, there could be an issue with PHT/PMS itself having issues with it. In any case I tried the movie late at night, and was too tired to mess around with it.

I will try it with PowerDVD, and if that doesn't work, then Kodi and report back.
post #1024 of 1047 Old 04-23-2015, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 273
FWIW I'm pretty sure both ffdshow and lav had to update their software to deal with Atmos.

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #1025 of 1047 Old 04-24-2015, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ou8thisSN View Post
I will try it with PowerDVD, and if that doesn't work, then Kodi and report back.
Update: So I installed Kodi, The film with TrueHD works just fine in Kodi, as it should. TrueHD also works in PowerDVD 15 (although I still cannot figure out how to enable 24p output from MKVs in PowerDVD).

So the issue has been isolated to Plex.
post #1026 of 1047 Old 05-06-2015, 02:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Anyone else notice that jumping chapters in PHT isn't working since the latest update? That is a real bummer as it was pretty useful especially while watching it on my work computer.

Denon AVR-X7200 - Klipsch RF-82 II Fronts, RC-62 II Center, RS-52 II Surrounds & R-112SW & Four CDT-5800-C II Ceilings for an Atmos 5.1.4 Setup.
post #1027 of 1047 Old 05-06-2015, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ou8thisSN View Post
Update: So I installed Kodi, The film with TrueHD works just fine in Kodi, as it should. TrueHD also works in PowerDVD 15 (although I still cannot figure out how to enable 24p output from MKVs in PowerDVD).

So the issue has been isolated to Plex.
It's a known issue (for over half a year now!) that PHT does not yet support Atmos and the team has to update their client / ffmpeg. Kodi did this a while ago, but the Plex team is behind. Your option to run in Plex is to take out the lossless track out of the MKV and use the separate DD lossy until Plex updates. Just selecting the lossy core will not work has to be the separate track (I learned at least on my Mockingjay rip).
post #1028 of 1047 Old 05-12-2015, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I'm having issues with my Plex Server. I'm getting the following message:

Quote:
Not available outside your network
Your server is signed in to Plex, but is not reachable from outside your network.
I'm trying to reach it from within the same network with no luck. It was working fine, and then a few days ago it stopped. I've configured my router to forward the ports as instructed (even though it was never necessary before) with no luck. I've followed all the instructions here. Any suggestions would be welcome.
post #1029 of 1047 Old 05-12-2015, 10:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 24
What devices are not able to access plex content? Are you sharing your server remotely?
post #1030 of 1047 Old 05-12-2015, 10:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJO1966 View Post
I'm having issues with my Plex Server. I'm getting the following message:

I'm trying to reach it from within the same network with no luck. It was working fine, and then a few days ago it stopped. I've configured my router to forward the ports as instructed (even though it was never necessary before) with no luck. I've followed all the instructions here. Any suggestions would be welcome.
I had a similar problem with Emby a short while ago. It wound up actually being a pair of issues. First, for some reason m firewall blocked Emby after an update. That's an easy one to check and also an easy fix. Second, it turned out that my IP address had changed. That's also a pretty easy one to check. The fact that your client can find the server suggests that the altered IP is not the issue, but I'm just relating my experience here.
post #1031 of 1047 Old 05-13-2015, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdchance View Post
What devices are not able to access plex content? Are you sharing your server remotely?
Nothing can access Plex content except the computer that houses the server. I can't get remote access to turn on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn Ravenlocke View Post
I had a similar problem with Emby a short while ago. It wound up actually being a pair of issues. First, for some reason m firewall blocked Emby after an update. That's an easy one to check and also an easy fix. Second, it turned out that my IP address had changed. That's also a pretty easy one to check. The fact that your client can find the server suggests that the altered IP is not the issue, but I'm just relating my experience here.
One of the things I attempted from that link was turning off the firewall on my router. That made no difference.
post #1032 of 1047 Old 05-13-2015, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Nothing can access Plex content except the computer that houses the server. I can't get remote access to turn on.
are you using devices such as a smart tv or a roku and are not able to connect to the server? Is it not letting you access movie trailers?

Do you even need to have your server available remotely? Security obsessive folks say that could be a vulnerability.

Last edited by dvdchance; 05-13-2015 at 09:11 AM.
post #1033 of 1047 Old 05-13-2015, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Nothing can access Plex content except the computer that houses the server.
Try going to the Plex website at https://plex.tv/ and sign into your account. If you are already signed in then sign out and sign back in again. I had to do that after installing updates on my Plex servers to re-enable access from outside of the home network. Maybe that will help with connecting to devices inside the home too.
post #1034 of 1047 Old 05-13-2015, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
are you using devices such as a smart tv or a roku and are not able to connect to the server?
The Roku is not able to connect. Neither can either of my Android devices. When I'm on the preferences page for Plex on my iMac, it says that my Plex account is not connected to the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
Try going to the Plex website at https://plex.tv/ and sign into your account. If you are already signed in then sign out and sign back in again. I had to do that after installing updates on my Plex servers to re-enable access from outside of the home network. Maybe that will help with connecting to devices inside the home too.
I've signed out and back in a few times since this started. Unfortunately that didn't help.
post #1035 of 1047 Old 05-13-2015, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I've signed out and back in a few times since this started. Unfortunately that didn't help.
Have you signed out of the Roku app and signed back in?
post #1036 of 1047 Old 05-13-2015, 09:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

One of the things I attempted from that link was turning off the firewall on my router. That made no difference.
Quote:
The Roku is not able to connect. Neither can either of my Android devices. When I'm on the preferences page for Plex on my iMac, it says that my Plex account is not connected to the server.

Just wondering, are you using a VPN?
post #1037 of 1047 Old 05-13-2015, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Have you signed out of the Roku app and signed back in?
I'll give it a try when I get home, but it appears to be a problem on the server end and not the apps.

Quote:
Just wondering, are you using a VPN?
I have no idea what that is, so I'm going to say no.
post #1038 of 1047 Old 05-14-2015, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

I found a temporary solution. I can download the Mp4 files to my android tablet and then use an app to send it to Chromecast. I would still like to find a solution that allows me to go back to using Plex as I have for over a year.
post #1039 of 1047 Old 05-14-2015, 08:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:

If you are using a Windows PC, have you also checked our Windows firewall? As others have said, PMS is also sometimes finicky and needs the account to be entirely signed out of and then signed back into.
post #1040 of 1047 Old 05-15-2015, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn Ravenlocke View Post
If you are using a Windows PC, have you also checked our Windows firewall? As others have said, PMS is also sometimes finicky and needs the account to be entirely signed out of and then signed back into.
It's an iMac. I tried turning off the computer's firewall but that made no difference.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out how my computer became self-aware and decided not to let me turn on my Plex server.
post #1041 of 1047 Old 05-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Can someone help me with the naming of "Specials" to show up properly?

I am currently trying to Add Season 3 of Archer to my library and on the DVD the first 3 episodes are listed as "Specials" in TheTVDB.com website as seen here...

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&serie...d=465786&lid=7

I am trying to understand what Plex is trying to tell me here but I can't seem to get it to work, I am getting the files showing up in a separate entry called "Specials" and the names are not correct they are supposed to be the
Heart of Archness Part I
Heart of Archness Part II
Heart of Archness Part III

This is the first time I've run in to this and can't seem to get them to show up properly in the Season 3 Entries.

Denon AVR-X7200 - Klipsch RF-82 II Fronts, RC-62 II Center, RS-52 II Surrounds & R-112SW & Four CDT-5800-C II Ceilings for an Atmos 5.1.4 Setup.
post #1042 of 1047 Old 05-15-2015, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse69 View Post
Can someone help me with the naming of "Specials" to show up properly?

I am currently trying to Add Season 3 of Archer to my library and on the DVD the first 3 episodes are listed as "Specials" in TheTVDB.com website as seen here...

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&serie...d=465786&lid=7

I am trying to understand what Plex is trying to tell me here but I can't seem to get it to work, I am getting the files showing up in a separate entry called "Specials" and the names are not correct they are supposed to be the
Heart of Archness Part I
Heart of Archness Part II
Heart of Archness Part III

This is the first time I've run in to this and can't seem to get them to show up properly in the Season 3 Entries.
I'd put the specials in a Season 0 folder. Season 0 folders show up as a separate "Specials" season.

Heart of Archness Part I is S00E04
Heart of Archness Part II is S00E05
Heart of Archness Part III is S00E06

Archer Specials: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&serie...d=109111&lid=7
post #1043 of 1047 Old 05-15-2015, 09:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I'd put the specials in a Season 0 folder. Season 0 folders show up as a separate "Specials" season.

Heart of Archness Part I is S00E04
Heart of Archness Part II is S00E05
Heart of Archness Part III is S00E06

Archer Specials: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&serie...d=109111&lid=7
Yeah that works but according to IMDB and Wiki those are actually the first 3 episodes of Season 3. I haven't watched them yet so I don't know if they are in any particular order or not. I guess I could try and get the TV DB Website updated.

post #1044 of 1047 Old 05-15-2015, 11:47 PM
AVS Special Member

And all of a sudden, Plex is working again. I have no idea what changed in the last 24 hours, but I'm hoping it lasts.
post #1045 of 1047 Old 05-16-2015, 12:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse69 View Post
Yeah that works but according to IMDB and Wiki those are actually the first 3 episodes of Season 3. I haven't watched them yet so I don't know if they are in any particular order or not. I guess I could try and get the TV DB Website updated.
Before you do that, you might want to do a search on their forum, it's one of those series that provoked much ire - the solution they suggest is to use DVD order, rather than 'Aired order' - not sure whether Plex offers this option for scraping. If you do decide to ask the question, be prepared for the backlash from the mods
post #1046 of 1047 Old 05-16-2015, 01:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post
Before you do that, you might want to do a search on their forum, it's one of those series that provoked much ire - the solution they suggest is to use DVD order, rather than 'Aired order' - not sure whether Plex offers this option for scraping. If you do decide to ask the question, be prepared for the backlash from the mods
They also don't react well when you reference IMDB and Wikipedia.

I'm looking on the Plex forums how to scrape in DVD order but haven't found anything useful yet. TheTVDB adds a ".0" to the episode number in DVD order so maybe that's how to do it?
Archer DVD order:
http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=sea...id=7&order=dvd

Edit: I think this might be it.
Plex DVD order plugin - https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/top...12#entry626550

Last edited by Ken.F; 05-16-2015 at 01:35 AM.
post #1047 of 1047 Old Today, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Not sure how many TiVO users / fans are out there but this caught my eye last night and thought I would share.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/17/86...o-release-date

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers