Plex Discussion Thread - Page 37 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 17Likes
post #1081 of 1090 Old 07-12-2015, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Plex forums are up. It sure looks different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1090 Old 07-12-2015, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hi all,

I checked out the updated xbox one plex app, and it seems to stream very nicely now with native mkv support. One quick question for anyone using on the xbox one....it doesn't appear to have chapter support. I'll ask on the plex forums but I don't want to get my head chewed off for asking a question that must have been answered before (but I can't find any answer to it...post update...on the newly designed forums).

So...chapter support (i.e., skip chapter) on the xbox one using MKVs...is that possible?

thanks!
post #1083 of 1090 Old 07-14-2015, 05:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by couch000 View Post
Might be the wrong place to ask but is anyone here using Plex with Control4? I'm getting Control4 installed in a few weeks and was wondering about drivers, etc. currently I'm running Plex through a Roku box. Seems to work fine but would like tighter integration with Control4. Thanks!
Hi there,

I use Plex with Control4 and only have it installed about a month. I was using the Plex client for XB1 but found the control of the XB1 was not great and required multiple clicks to get the box to react. I am now using to as part of the control system for the smart tv functions of my Samsung 4k TV and that seems to work well. Still a few issues as I am also using the ARC on the TV to route audio through my amp.

For my projector I use the Plex client on my blueray player and again that is solid enough. I have recently bought an Nvidia Shield but have yet to add that to my Control4 solution. I am still trying to get the perfect solution. My installer did all the config but that's like everything with Control4.

Hope that is of some help,
TCP/IP
post #1084 of 1090 Unread 07-26-2015, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDragonLord View Post
I've had that happen to me. What I did was uninstall PHT, removed all Plex folders (hidden or otherwise) and made sure Plex was also out of the registry. I then rebooted the server and reinstalled PHT. It's been working good for me since.
So I spent all day today trying to hunt down the cause and fix for this issue:

Problem: If you launch Plex HT from inside Windows Media Center, Plex HT will launch fine, THE FIRST TIME. If you close Plex and return to WMC, then try to return to Plex, You will get a black screen. The system isnt frozen, the controls still work, (so I blindly push the left arrow key once, and then 'enter' and that shuts down Plex and returns me to WMC). If you then close WMC, and restart WMC without restarting the computer, you can again enter Plex HT ONE time.

I have tried uninstalling Plex, by removing the application and the AppData in the Roaming folder, and reinstalled Plex, same issue remains.
I have tried it on 3 separate computers (2012 Mac mini running Windows 7 with HD 4000 drivers, Haswell intel Nuc i3 and two i5s) and they all had the same result.

Cause:
If you go enable the "adjust framerate to video" AND you enable "Use true full screen instead of full screen window", this above problem happens.
The reason I have to enable "use true full screen instead of full screen window" is that without that option being ticked, the video slows down and skips horribly during 24p playback while the audio track plays along just fine. To get 23.976hz playback with HD audio sound, you have to enable the "use true full screen...." option. And if you enable that option, you get the above problem.

Solution:
One solution is to set the "enable display blacking during playback" option and restarting the computer immediately after enabling it. If you do this, you can leave the "use true fullscreen window" and 'adjust framerate" options enabled, and be able to switch into and out of Plex and WMC without the blank screen problem. HOWEVER, if you enter PlexHT and start to play a video file, then stop it, exit plex and try to re-enter plex from WMC, the same problem reappears where you get the black screen. If you restart the computer, you reset the sequence.

I think there's an issue with plex not actually shutting down when you press the 'close' option but instead minimizing. I dont know how to get around this. I'm hoping someone here can replicate this problem so I know it's not just me.
post #1085 of 1090 Unread 07-27-2015, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 164
I haven't found that setting for adjust frame rate to video. I need to look harder!
post #1086 of 1090 Unread 07-27-2015, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I am having difficulties getting my Plex Set up for Remote access and hoped maybe someone here could help.

I believe my issue is somewhat 'double NAT' related. My set up is something like this:

- Fioptics from outside of house, to an inside 'box'
- Cat5 wire to a cable provider, provided modem with a MoCA for Cable output. This is a ZTE ZXHN H368C modem.
- Cat5 Wire to my main Home Router (Asus RC66)
- Cat5 from home router to HTPC running Plex Media Server.

I just installed all this last Thursday and signed up for the Plex Pass. I have been able to get Plex to run on my 'on network' devices. I installed Plex on my cell phone (Galaxy Note 4), and it will plan when my phone is using my local network WiFi connection.

I set up a "Static IP" address on my ASUS Router, and then did a manual Port Forwarding in Plex (using the required port, I think 32400, but don't have it in front of me).

I also attempted to set up my cable provider/ Fioptics modem as a "Bridge", although, I don't know if I did that process right or not.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work?
post #1087 of 1090 Unread 07-27-2015, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmhvball View Post

I set up a "Static IP" address on my ASUS Router, and then did a manual Port Forwarding in Plex (using the required port, I think 32400, but don't have it in front of me).

I also attempted to set up my cable provider/ Fioptics modem as a "Bridge", although, I don't know if I did that process right or not.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

Did you see these instructions on the Plex fourms:

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/art...er-connections

After setting a static IP:

In my router settings there is a 'Local Port' = 32400, and a 'Public Port' = 10041

On the Plex server settings page, somehow the above port #10041 was pre-populated in the box with the 'Manually specify port' check mark box next to it. So that is what I entered in my router port forwarding settings.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Port Forwarding.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	855098  
post #1088 of 1090 Unread 07-27-2015, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ View Post
I haven't found that setting for adjust frame rate to video. I need to look harder!
Plex / Preferences / "Change Preferences for Playback" / Advanced Video / "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" set to "on"

Plex / Preferences / "Change Preferences for System" / Advanced / "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" set to "unchecked"

if you do this, you should get a black screen if you: start up WMC, then launch plex from WMC, close Plex (so you go back to WMC) and then launch Plex a second time from WMC.
post #1089 of 1090 Unread 07-29-2015, 05:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnuts View Post
Did you see these instructions on the Plex fourms:

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/art...er-connections

After setting a static IP:

In my router settings there is a 'Local Port' = 32400, and a 'Public Port' = 10041

On the Plex server settings page, somehow the above port #10041 was pre-populated in the box with the 'Manually specify port' check mark box next to it. So that is what I entered in my router port forwarding settings.

I did see those instructions, they guided me in setting up my Static IP Address and my initial Port Forwarding. I then reread them, and figured out I likely had the Double NAT situation, and have tried to fix that.

I just looked at one of the 'links' on the double NAT, and it appears to be slightly different than what I previously tried, so, I'll give it a go and see if that works for me. Thanks for the help.
post #1090 of 1090 Unread Today, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ou8thisSN View Post
Plex / Preferences / "Change Preferences for Playback" / Advanced Video / "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" set to "on"

Plex / Preferences / "Change Preferences for System" / Advanced / "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" set to "unchecked"

if you do this, you should get a black screen if you: start up WMC, then launch plex from WMC, close Plex (so you go back to WMC) and then launch Plex a second time from WMC.
When I am in PHT, I have "Adjust display to..." either off, Start/Stop, or Always. Going to try "always"

What's the difference on fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen? I've been set to fullscreen window up to now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers