Plex Discussion Thread - Page 49 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 53Likes
post #1441 of 1606 Old 04-19-2016, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 14
And thanks for that link. There was mention on how to access collections created in PMS that might be helpful to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1606 Old 05-29-2016, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi guys - hoping for some quick help, I'm sure it's something dead simple I'm missing.

I am trying to set up a Plex device in my father's home theater. I cannot for the life of me find the Audio settings, to make it so that he gets the proper passthrough to his receiver (DTS, DD, etc.) This is the plex help page I found where it clearly lays out the options that I *think* should be seeing:

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/art...x-Media-Player

The thing is, nowhere I look can I see this menu. Anything I do only opens the media server web app, where there are no options whatsoever to change audio settings. I have literally been through every menu, both on the PC side and the device side (Nvidia Shield TV) but I am 99% sure this needs to be changed on the PC side.

The closest I have found is Settings --> Player --> Audio & Subtitles but it is an extremely limited menu with nothing I need. I think my problem is I'm in the web app and I need to be in the media server options but I can't figure out how to get there.

What am I missing? Where can I find the audio options to get it to bitstream the proper audio?

Just to be clear this is not Plex Home Theater, but Plex Media Server.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Mark S.; 05-29-2016 at 09:43 PM.
post #1443 of 1606 Old 05-29-2016, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 936 Post(s)
Liked: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Hi guys - hoping for some quick help, I'm sure it's something dead simple I'm missing.

I am trying to set up a Plex device in my father's home theater. I cannot for the life of me find the Audio settings, to make it so that he gets the proper passthrough to his receiver (DTS, DD, etc.) This is the plex help page I found where it clearly lays out the options that I *think* should be seeing:

The thing is, nowhere I look can I see this menu. Anything I do only opens the media server web app, where there are no options whatsoever to change audio settings. I have literally been through every menu, both on the PC side and the device side (Nvidia Shield TV) but I am 99% sure this needs to be changed on the PC side.

The closest I have found is Settings --> Player --> Audio & Subtitles but it is an extremely limited menu with nothing I need. I think my problem is I'm in the web app and I need to be in the media server options but I can't figure out how to get there.

What am I missing? Where can I find the audio options to get it to bitstream the proper audio?

Thanks guys!
On a SHIELD? Plex didn't passthru everything. If you want HD audio passthru you'll need to use SPMC (free from the Play store). You can then link it to Plex with PlexKodiConnect.

The most the Plex app on the Shield can do is DTS-MA on some files. It can't do TrueHD or VC-1 video.

I use Plex on my Shield, but at this point a have the app disabled. SPMC with PlexKodiConnect is great.

post #1444 of 1606 Old 05-29-2016, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:

Just to be clear this is not Plex Home Theater, but Plex Media Server.

Thanks guys!
I'm not exactly sure I am getting the question fully - Any Audio Settings will be made on the Player Side, not the server side. The Server is going to try and "Direct Play" anything that it can but the client / player settings will dictate if that is possible or not based on the settings and its capabilities.

Most Players will default to Direct Play which will give you the highest quality and put the lease amount of load on the Server Side as it won't require any transcoding. If the device doesn't support it you will have playback issues which can be fixed by tweaking the settings usually Audio will cause the most issues unless the player app can not support the bitrate of the video.

Unfortunately I don't have a Shield so I can't comment on the specific settings on that but assume they are similar to other apps.

Denon AVR-X7200 - Klipsch RF-82 II Fronts, RC-62 II Center, RS-52 II Surrounds & R-112SW & Four CDT-5800-C II Ceilings for an Atmos 5.1.4 Setup.
post #1445 of 1606 Old 05-29-2016, 10:09 PM

Thanks guys.

The Shield TV supports it perfectly, right up to DTS-MA. I know because I have one running at my house currently with my home theater. I just can't for the life of me find the setting that made it happen! I know for a fact it's a Plex setting, and doesn't have anything to do with the Shield TV itself. It may not support Dolby True HD but nothing we have is in that format anyway - we just want DTS, DTS MA, and Dolby Digital to come through via Plex.

This list of "media player preferences" seems to have the options I need to change (from Basic to HDMI) but nowhere can I find that menu:

bryansj - what Plex settings did you have to enable to get DTS or whatever to come through via Plex? I know it's something very simple I'm missing because I already have it running in my own setup! Very frustrating haha.

Is there a difference between Plex Media PLAYER and Plex Media SERVER? if there is that could be part of my confusion, however I cannot find Plex Media Player anywhere on my PC and it's working perfectly for me, just not for my Father.

Thanks.
post #1446 of 1606 Old 05-29-2016, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member

There is a huge difference between the player and the server. I'm no longer sure what you are asking and what device you are troubleshooting. Is it a PC or a SHIELD?

On a PC you use the web player or Plex Home Theater. The latest program is Plex Media Player, but that is for Plex Pass subscribers only (unless that has recently changed) and must still prefer Plex Home Theater.

If your Shield is working and his isn't then make sure his Shield has the latest Android updates installed. Then check the Play store and make sure the Plex app is updated as well. Also a reboot might be needed.

post #1447 of 1606 Old 05-30-2016, 07:36 AM

Alright, I am probably confused between the player and the server. The problem is on the PC side, for sure. Plex is sending the audio out as 2 channel PCM, when it should be bitstreaming whatever the source content is, and that is what I need to change.

At my place, I have only Plex Media Server running which appears to pretty much run off the web app (when you double click it in the system tray it opens in a web browser tab). It bitstreams everything flawlessly to my Shield TV, and everything is as it should be. I am also, to my knowledge, not using Plex Home Theater at all (can't find it installed or anything). For some reason, I cannot do the same thing at my Father's house. Is the only way to do this with Plex Home Theater?

I installed PHT just to see, and you can't even use a mouse with that program - I am 100% sure I am not using that, and Plex is still bitstreaming for me but not my Father. It looks like PHT is for people who have their computers connected directly to their home theater via HDMI, where as I am streaming from my PC to the Shield TV, and then obviously to my Home Theater. I've got to be missing something simple.

Last edited by Mark S.; 05-30-2016 at 07:45 AM.
post #1448 of 1606 Old 05-30-2016, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Alright, I am probably confused between the player and the server. The problem is on the PC side, for sure. Plex is sending the audio out as 2 channel PCM, when it should be bitstreaming whatever the source content is, and that is what I need to change.

At my place, I have only Plex Media Server running which appears to pretty much run off the web app (when you double click it in the system tray it opens in a web browser tab). It bitstreams everything flawlessly to my Shield TV, and everything is as it should be. I am also, to my knowledge, not using Plex Home Theater at all (can't find it installed or anything). For some reason, I cannot do the same thing at my Father's house. Is the only way to do this with Plex Home Theater?

I installed PHT just to see, and you can't even use a mouse with that program - I am 100% sure I am not using that, and Plex is still bitstreaming for me but not my Father. I've got to be missing something simple.
You are using the Web Player when you double click the tray icon. Hitting the Settings icon sends you to a page to configure Web and Server. Web is the player on that computer and Server is your Plex Media Server. You can access the same thing from other computers by entering in the IP address or logging in at Plex.tv website.

On the Shield you are using the Android Plex app which is connecting to your server. It isn't the server that is sending 2ch. It is the player telling the server that it isn't able to play the full range in the movie. The settings in the app need adjusted so it tells the server it is able to play it correctly.

On the Shield in Plex go down to Settings and for Video select Local Quality "Original". Go down to Advanced and for Passthru "Enable".

Now I'm going to do some guessing on what your issue is here. You are linking your Dad's Shield to your Plex account. That means all the media is sent from your house, over the internet, to your Dad's house. That means you are connecting using the Remote Quality setting under Settings / Video. You are also limited in bandwidth of your upload speed or your Dad's download speed.

post #1449 of 1606 Old 05-30-2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post
You are using the Web Player when you double click the tray icon. Hitting the Settings icon sends you to a page to configure Web and Server. Web is the player on that computer and Server is your Plex Media Server. You can access the same thing from other computers by entering in the IP address or logging in at Plex.tv website.

On the Shield you are using the Android Plex app which is connecting to your server. It isn't the server that is sending 2ch. It is the player telling the server that it isn't able to play the full range in the movie. The settings in the app need adjusted so it tells the server it is able to play it correctly.

On the Shield in Plex go down to Settings and for Video select Local Quality "Original". Go down to Advanced and for Passthru "Enable".

Now I'm going to do some guessing on what your issue is here. You are linking your Dad's Shield to your Plex account. That means all the media is sent from your house, over the internet, to your Dad's house. That means you are connecting using the Remote Quality setting under Settings / Video. You are also limited in bandwidth of your upload speed or your Dad's download speed.
Thanks Bryan. He actually has his own PC running it within his isolated network, not linked to my place at all (though that might be something cool to try in the future.

I think you might be on to something with the Plex App setting but I have been through that menu 100 times and not found that Passthru setting (that is exactly what I need though!). I'm going to have to take yet another look, I probably missed some sort of secondary menu.
post #1450 of 1606 Old 05-30-2016, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Bryan. He actually has his own PC running it within his isolated network, not linked to my place at all (though that might be something cool to try in the future.

I think you might be on to something with the Plex App setting but I have been through that menu 100 times and not found that Passthru setting (that is exactly what I need though!). I'm going to have to take yet another look, I probably missed some sort of secondary menu.
Scroll down to the bottom on the main screen and pick Settings. In Settings Passthru is in Advanced which is below Video.

post #1451 of 1606 Old 05-30-2016, 08:57 AM

Thanks Bryan - I will be searching for that as soon a I am home today. I can't believe I missed that - I've got a good feeling that is the fix because I vaguely recall having to change that setting in my setup many months ago.
post #1452 of 1606 Old 05-30-2016, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Hey guys, I am having some real trouble with Plex and I am hoping you can help. The Plex forums are a nightmare (IMO), and you can never seem to get a good answer.

So I am a Plex Pass user if that matters, and cannot get any of my HD movies to play on any devices including the web player. I have tried checking the settings in my router, un-installing and re-installing Plex on my server, and I have changed some security settings on the server (I cant remember exactly what it was). Anytime I go to play an HD movie it says "We're unable to play this video, make sure the server is running and has access to this video." I should actually say I mostly get this on HD movies, but have seen it on non-HD (DVD rips) as well. Most of my non HD movies will play just fine though.

All of my movies were ripped using MakeMKV, and have not been compressed. The files and locations have not changed at all, but I just started having this problem. I can watch any of the movies directly on my server (in media center, or VLC), or through Emby on any of my devices. The details of my server can be found here. On the network side everything is wired with CAT6, and it goes from my computer into an 8 port switch on my rack, then to a 24 port switch. Both of these switches are just dumb switches, nothing weird going on there. From the 24 port switch it goes to a patch panel out to some devices, or into my Asus RT-N66U router. So some devices are clearly wired while others are wireless, same problem regardless.

I am sure you guys will need more info to help me diagnose and fix this problem, just let me know what you need. Thanks in advance for any help on this! It has been driving me crazy for a few weeks now.

Sean
post #1453 of 1606 Old 05-30-2016, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

On the web player go to Settings / Web (tab) / Player. Select "Original" for Local Quality. Make sure Direct Play and Stream are checked.

post #1454 of 1606 Old 05-30-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
On the web player go to Settings / Web (tab) / Player. Select "Original" for Local Quality. Make sure Direct Play and Stream are checked.
That wont fix my more pressing matter or the Roku's not working. I know I mentioned the web player, but it was more to show that no matter how I try and play it does the same thing. My primary playback devices are either a Roku 4 or Roku 3. I also have two Roku sticks, and two computers with Plex players installed. All of these will give me the same error, along with the Plex app on my phone, or the PS3, or the PS4.... You get the idea, same problem no matter the player or the connection.

Sean
post #1455 of 1606 Old 05-31-2016, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke EF View Post
Hey guys, I am having some real trouble with Plex and I am hoping you can help. The Plex forums are a nightmare (IMO), and you can never seem to get a good answer.

So I am a Plex Pass user if that matters, and cannot get any of my HD movies to play on any devices including the web player. I have tried checking the settings in my router, un-installing and re-installing Plex on my server, and I have changed some security settings on the server (I cant remember exactly what it was). Anytime I go to play an HD movie it says "We're unable to play this video, make sure the server is running and has access to this video." I should actually say I mostly get this on HD movies, but have seen it on non-HD (DVD rips) as well. Most of my non HD movies will play just fine though.

All of my movies were ripped using MakeMKV, and have not been compressed. The files and locations have not changed at all, but I just started having this problem. I can watch any of the movies directly on my server (in media center, or VLC), or through Emby on any of my devices. The details of my server can be found here. On the network side everything is wired with CAT6, and it goes from my computer into an 8 port switch on my rack, then to a 24 port switch. Both of these switches are just dumb switches, nothing weird going on there. From the 24 port switch it goes to a patch panel out to some devices, or into my Asus RT-N66U router. So some devices are clearly wired while others are wireless, same problem regardless.

I am sure you guys will need more info to help me diagnose and fix this problem, just let me know what you need. Thanks in advance for any help on this! It has been driving me crazy for a few weeks now.

Sean

Do you have logs enabled for Plex and Roku? That would help. Also I see you have an SSD in your build. I found this interesting tidbit. Not sure if it applies to you, but it could answer why all of a sudden it stopped working. Here is quote I found on Plex Forum.

"The C drive does not have enough free space to transcode the file. Current Plex server versions check for space equal to the size of the file + 100MB. You'll have to either clean up the C drive to free up space, or choose another drive to handle the transcoding sessions. That setting is in the Plex server transcode config section."

So that might explain why non-HD versions work since they are smaller in size. Anyway, not sure if that is a problem but good information to know.

PSN ID: Onedropshot
post #1456 of 1606 Old 05-31-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TViewer2000 View Post
Do you have logs enabled for Plex and Roku? That would help. Also I see you have an SSD in your build. I found this interesting tidbit. Not sure if it applies to you, but it could answer why all of a sudden it stopped working. Here is quote I found on Plex Forum.

"The C drive does not have enough free space to transcode the file. Current Plex server versions check for space equal to the size of the file + 100MB. You'll have to either clean up the C drive to free up space, or choose another drive to handle the transcoding sessions. That setting is in the Plex server transcode config section."

So that might explain why non-HD versions work since they are smaller in size. Anyway, not sure if that is a problem but good information to know.

I should have the logs enabled, I have never looked at them to be honest. I think you are on to something with the SSD, its only 120GB, so I am sure it close to full as is. I will check that when I get home, and probably just order up a new drive. I will report my findings back here for you guys.

Thanks,
Sean
post #1457 of 1606 Old 05-31-2016, 07:32 PM

I am going to say that this was my problem! I checked when I got home, and I have about 12GB free on my C drive. I am ordering a 240GB SSD to replace it, and I will report back in.

Thank you for the help!
Sean
TViewer2000 likes this.

Last edited by Broke EF; 06-01-2016 at 03:49 AM.
post #1458 of 1606 Old 06-02-2016, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of collections that can be created in Plex Media Server? I have 50 and can't seem to create any more. I don't know if it's because I've hit the limit or there is something else going on. I posted this question on the Plex support forums, but haven't gotten a reponse.

Thanks.
post #1459 of 1606 Old 06-03-2016, 05:32 AM

I have good news, and bad news to report. The good news is that my new SSD came in yesterday. I shut down the computer, and took it outside to blow out all of the construction dust. I really didn't expect it to be as bad as it was, but no biggie shes all cleaned up now. I put the old SSD and the new SSD on my main computer (easier access, and more power), and that is where the bad news comes in. The old SSD is dead as a door nail, just shows as a 0GB drive in BIOS. I tried multiple cables (power and SATA), multiple ports, and on multiple computers. Nothing. Besides all of the time I had into getting all of the various software, and drivers installed and working correct, I was also using Flex Raid on that system. I know I should be able to rebuild the array no problem (in theory), but I am very worried about having to do that. My simple fix has now turned into a much larger project

So now that I may be changing quite a bit, what does everyone think of Windows 10 for a HTPC/Plex Server?

Sean
post #1460 of 1606 Old 06-03-2016, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Just restore your backup onto the new SSD.

If you don't need WMC then I see no reason to not use Windows 10.

post #1461 of 1606 Old 06-03-2016, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1246 Post(s)
Liked: 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Thompson View Post
Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of collections that can be created in Plex Media Server? I have 50 and can't seem to create any more. I don't know if it's because I've hit the limit or there is something else going on. I posted this question on the Plex support forums, but haven't gotten a reponse.
I haven't bothered to count but I have way more than 50 collections. I'm not sure what would be causing your problem.
post #1462 of 1606 Old 06-03-2016, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
I haven't bothered to count but I have way more than 50 collections. I'm not sure what would be causing your problem.
OK, thanks. That at least helps narrow it down for me.
post #1463 of 1606 Old 06-03-2016, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke EF View Post
I have good news, and bad news to report. The good news is that my new SSD came in yesterday. I shut down the computer, and took it outside to blow out all of the construction dust. I really didn't expect it to be as bad as it was, but no biggie shes all cleaned up now. I put the old SSD and the new SSD on my main computer (easier access, and more power), and that is where the bad news comes in. The old SSD is dead as a door nail, just shows as a 0GB drive in BIOS. I tried multiple cables (power and SATA), multiple ports, and on multiple computers. Nothing. Besides all of the time I had into getting all of the various software, and drivers installed and working correct, I was also using Flex Raid on that system. I know I should be able to rebuild the array no problem (in theory), but I am very worried about having to do that. My simple fix has now turned into a much larger project

So now that I may be changing quite a bit, what does everyone think of Windows 10 for a HTPC/Plex Server?

Sean
I'm running Plex Media Server on an Windows 10 box and other than the collections issue I mentioned it's worked well for me and I seriously doubt my problem has anything to do with the version of Windows I'm running.
post #1464 of 1606 Old 06-06-2016, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
>>>>>>So now that I may be changing quite a bit, what does everyone think of Windows 10 for a HTPC/Plex Server?

I am another that has jumped on the Plex bandwagon. I never thought I would like it as much as I do, but it easy and serves everything up on any device I point at it. I actually like that I need to pay a little bit so that the developers are funded to keep things moving forward.

And in regards to the above I have Plex running on my Windows 10 NAS and it seems to work great. I have been playing with alternatives to WMC because at some point that is going away and I will be very sad. Not the same, but it has enough features that I do like. I will say that I stumbled for quite a bit of time until I figure out that Plex does not like looking at network drives for some reason so I have to transfer the WMC files to the NAS/Plex computer which is an extra step I would like to avoid.
post #1465 of 1606 Old 06-06-2016, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmerikle View Post
>>>>>>So now that I may be changing quite a bit, what does everyone think of Windows 10 for a HTPC/Plex Server?

I am another that has jumped on the Plex bandwagon. I never thought I would like it as much as I do, but it easy and serves everything up on any device I point at it. I actually like that I need to pay a little bit so that the developers are funded to keep things moving forward.

And in regards to the above I have Plex running on my Windows 10 NAS and it seems to work great. I have been playing with alternatives to WMC because at some point that is going away and I will be very sad. Not the same, but it has enough features that I do like. I will say that I stumbled for quite a bit of time until I figure out that Plex does not like looking at network drives for some reason so I have to transfer the WMC files to the NAS/Plex computer which is an extra step I would like to avoid.
My biggest concern is that Microsoft pushes their Windows 10 updates which can include major changes that can be difficult / impossible to revert back from if it happens to break something. Since Plex is very well supported I can't imagine that it would take long to get it back working if it somehow did break it.

I am not sure what you mean about Plex not liking Network Shares / Drives, the only issue I've had with Windows in General is when you reboot a system it can / will come up Before the Network becomes available which means that the shares are not available. This isn't a Plex issue this is a Windows issue, you can try and do some Registry tweaks to delay the logon process but I've had mixed luck with that. I just have to go in to windows and click on the shares to reconnect them. Yes it sucks but it is what is is.

Denon AVR-X7200 - Klipsch RF-82 II Fronts, RC-62 II Center, RS-52 II Surrounds & R-112SW & Four CDT-5800-C II Ceilings for an Atmos 5.1.4 Setup.
post #1466 of 1606 Old 06-07-2016, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Any reason why a handful of my movies (mkv) are not able to be played on plex. I am getting "there was a problem playing this item" error message when trying to play these movies. Its happening on all my devices Roku3, Firetv (1st gen) and also on chrome browser on my macbook and also on desktop at work.

Running Plex Server Version 09.16.6 on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I read that there may be a issue with not enough hd space , so under Transcoder I have setup a temporary directory folder, but it looks like the issue is still there. I have try moving that particular movie onto another folder on a different drive but it will still not play. All of my movies were ripped by makemkv. Any suggestions?
post #1467 of 1606 Old 06-07-2016, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz87 View Post
Any reason why a handful of my movies (mkv) are not able to be played on plex. I am getting "there was a problem playing this item" error message when trying to play these movies. Its happening on all my devices Roku3, Firetv (1st gen) and also on chrome browser on my macbook and also on desktop at work.

Running Plex Server Version 09.16.6 on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I read that there may be a issue with not enough hd space , so under Transcoder I have setup a temporary directory folder, but it looks like the issue is still there. I have try moving that particular movie onto another folder on a different drive but it will still not play. All of my movies were ripped by makemkv. Any suggestions?
Your server might not be able to transcode it if it is VC-1 video. Try Plex Home Theater on your PC, set it for direct playback, and see if it works.

post #1468 of 1606 Old 06-07-2016, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz87 View Post

What do these movies have in common? Are they Blu Ray Rips? Are you able to play other full bit-rate blu-ray rips? What happens with the system resources on the system running Plex Server when you try and play one of these files? Does the CPU utilization go to 100% and stay there (going there is normal but it will usually go back down after a few seconds and so on) what about memory. While Plex isn't memory intensive it could still be an issue.

I know you mentioned the running out of space issue, is the drive that Plex is running on low on space at all?

post #1469 of 1606 Old 06-07-2016, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Your server might not be able to transcode it if it is VC-1 video. Try Plex Home Theater on your PC, set it for direct playback, and see if it works.
No I dont think its only VC-1 videos. Die Hard 2 (MPEG-4 AVC) is one that is throwing up that error.
post #1470 of 1606 Old 06-07-2016, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse69 View Post
What do these movies have in common? Are they Blu Ray Rips? Are you able to play other full bit-rate blu-ray rips? What happens with the system resources on the system running Plex Server when you try and play one of these files? Does the CPU utilization go to 100% and stay there (going there is normal but it will usually go back down after a few seconds and so on) what about memory. While Plex isn't memory intensive it could still be an issue.

I know you mentioned the running out of space issue, is the drive that Plex is running on low on space at all?
These are just random bluray movies that I ripped with makemkv. Yes, all my movies are 1:1 rip and about 15 of them out of 600 are having this issues. No issues with any of my 600 plus movies on kodi....Just about 15 of them are not able to be played on plex.

As far as HD space goes. My C: drive has about 17GB of free space which I think is enough. The path where local application data is stored on the C: (default)

I just right now changed that folder over to another drive that has over 700GB of free space. Created a new database and just added one of my movies folder. Got the same error when trying to play a movie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers