Some HD channels unavailable unless I buy the Cox DVR Service?? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 42 Old 01-28-2012, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickotz View Post

Also one more thing to remember, a lot of amps aren't certified to 1GHz, so if you have an amp at home, it may need replacing

Excuse my ignorance on the subject, which amp are you referring to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 01-28-2012, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryinnv View Post

Excuse my ignorance on the subject, which amp are you referring to?

Drop-amps, like many people put in their home to increase the signal strength of their cable connection before splitting it.

Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation
post #33 of 42 Old 01-28-2012, 11:28 AM

I'm trying to understand the issue more clearly. Currently I have the Ceton tuner in my HTPC with the cable card. Separately I have the Cox supplied DVR (but not their "whole-house" DVR model which apparently is new). I can receive two of the HBO HD channels, but not the other 5 or 6. Cox told me that the others (that I see in my HTPC program guide - but not on the COX DVR program guide) are only available to customers who have the "whole-house" DVR product.

So if I can persuade Cox to enable those channels to my system, I should be able to get them on the Ceton tuner.

Cox did imply that the DVR box from them that I currently have won't tune those channels, and I don't really care about that, since I'm thinking of ditching that thing anyway - since my HTPC and Ceton tuner have become more reliable. That just took a while because of issues with the TA setup (Cox issues - not Ceton), and the eventual firmware update to the Cisco TA which allowed me to only need one of them.
post #34 of 42 Old 01-28-2012, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSanford View Post

I'm trying to understand the issue more clearly. Currently I have the Ceton tuner in my HTPC with the cable card. Separately I have the Cox supplied DVR (but not their "whole-house" DVR model which apparently is new). I can receive two of the HBO HD channels, but not the other 5 or 6. Cox told me that the others (that I see in my HTPC program guide - but not on the COX DVR program guide) are only available to customers who have the "whole-house" DVR product.

So if I can persuade Cox to enable those channels to my system, I should be able to get them on the Ceton tuner.

Cox did imply that the DVR box from them that I currently have won't tune those channels, and I don't really care about that, since I'm thinking of ditching that thing anyway - since my HTPC and Ceton tuner have become more reliable. That just took a while because of issues with the TA setup (Cox issues - not Ceton), and the eventual firmware update to the Cisco TA which allowed me to only need one of them.

Cox will enable those channels for you (and they will work), however, some reps may not be familiar. If you have trouble, open a ticket with us and we will assist.

post #35 of 42 Old 01-28-2012, 12:51 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I tried to subscribe to the DIYHD channel (Cox Communication Las Vegas) and when I called they said this is only available if I purchase the whole house DVR system from Cox. Has anyone else ran into this issue? I'm really happy with my HTPC and purchasing a Cox DVR would be a downgrade. Thanks.

I am in the same boat I have a ceton htpc and also have cox in las vegas and want those channels. I have contacted ceton a while ago but I guess everything is waiting for cox las vegas to sort it out. My post is not so much helpful but to say you are not alone.

Anyone know which amps go up to 1ghz?

You can never judge a show by its pilot episode or the half season following it.
post #36 of 42 Old 01-28-2012, 03:18 PM

The same sort of situation appears to apply to Showtime HD channels.

@erickotz: I sent you a PM on the HBO/Showtime problem.

Larry
post #37 of 42 Old 01-29-2012, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickotz View Post

Drop-amps, like many people put in their home to increase the signal strength of their cable connection before splitting it.

Didn't even know I had one and I'm almost wishing I hadn't looked at this mess. On the bright side it does say up to 1GHz but this should be put in a proper box out of the elements wouldn't you think?
LL
LL
post #38 of 42 Old 02-03-2012, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Ceton was able to work with Cox Communications on my behalf and worked the issue out. I now have the extra HD channels with no problems. Many thanks to Ceton, great customer service!
post #39 of 42 Old 02-03-2012, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Didn't even know I had one and I'm almost wishing I hadn't looked at this mess. On the bright side it does say up to 1GHz but this should be put in a proper box out of the elements wouldn't you think?

Wow that's a bit of a mess. Yes, that should be in a box that is covered - if you have signal strength issues, you may want to get your MSO out there to fix this mess.
Also, the amp concerns me slightly - it doesn't look like the LED is lit up. Amps require power supplies. Most of the time, it is connected through the DC input jack, but most amps also support back-feeding power over the coax out jack - is the LED lit in person? If not, your amp is likely missing the power supply/not functioning properly.

Quote:

Ceton was able to work with Cox Communications on my behalf and worked the issue out. I now have the extra HD channels with no problems. Many thanks to Ceton, great customer service!

Glad we can help you. The good news is Cox is taking steps to proactively correct this for future customers.

post #40 of 42 Old 02-03-2012, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Any recommendations on how to approach Cox to enable those extra stations? Cox has told me that they are not available unless I have their whole home DVR solution.

Samsung PN60F8500, Panasonic TH-42PD25U/P, Pioneer VSX-1018TXH-K, Oppo BDP-93, Aperion Audio 5T&5C, HSU STF-2, PS3, Wii, HTPC, SD Homerun Prime, Ceton Echo
post #41 of 42 Old 02-03-2012, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caeguy View Post

Any recommendations on how to approach Cox to enable those extra stations? Cox has told me that they are not available unless I have their whole home DVR solution.

For now open a ticket with us and indicate in the ticket you need the Plus Pack and we will assist.

post #42 of 42 Old 02-15-2012, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
I'm finally receiving all the HBO HD stations that I subscribe to via SD Homerun Prime. Getting to the proper Cox representative is key.

Samsung PN60F8500, Panasonic TH-42PD25U/P, Pioneer VSX-1018TXH-K, Oppo BDP-93, Aperion Audio 5T&5C, HSU STF-2, PS3, Wii, HTPC, SD Homerun Prime, Ceton Echo
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page