Looking to buy a wireless keyboard - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 01-24-2012, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Anyone here can recommend a good wireless keyboard for my HTCP? Which one is popular here? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-24-2012, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post

Anyone here can recommend a good wireless keyboard for my HTCP? Which one is popular here? Thanks.

It doesn't really have any HTPC bells and whistles but as a simple wireless keyboard I love my Logitech solar powered keyboard.
post #3 of 11 Old 01-24-2012, 05:11 PM

I have several of these from Newegg. You can get them on sale for around $35 or so if you watch the ads.

IOGEAR GKM561R Black 2.4GHz Wireless HTPC Multimedia Keyboard with Laser Trackball and Scroll Wheel

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823176018
post #4 of 11 Old 01-24-2012, 06:34 PM

i just built my htpc a few days ago and i've been looking for a keyboard as well. the one iv'e been looking at lately is the K400 by logitech. it seems the most basic and i prefer the full size trackpad.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboa...-keyboard-k400
post #5 of 11 Old 01-25-2012, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Anything else i should take a look?
post #6 of 11 Old 01-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 51
i like my logitech diNovo edge

note: the post above is my opinion. as such, when reading any recommendations from me, please do you research and seek out other recommendations and make up your own mind on your next course of action. i mean, most reasonable adults should know that, but it seems this should be stated anyways.
post #7 of 11 Old 01-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I have the Logitech N5902. It is okay. Seems like the range doesn't want to go all the way across my living room at 17' too well. Also seems like I need to aim the remote at the PC a little too much. Mouse pad works better than the keyboard when having distance issues.
post #8 of 11 Old 01-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliaskary77 View Post

i like my logitech diNovo edge

I LOVE my Logitech diNovo Edge. Great wireless keyboard for HTPC use with the built-in mouse pad.
post #9 of 11 Old 01-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjinglesusa View Post

I LOVE my Logitech diNovo Edge. Great wireless keyboard for HTPC use with the built-in mouse pad.

lol. I am shallow, I went for the looks first. It is still at like.

I would love it if range was a little more. But having said that, the bluetooth dongle is on the back on the rear panel inside the entertainment cabinet. If it was a small dongle, i could have put it on the front giving me a much better range. I am good at the 12 feet i am at now. Anymore and it gets jumpy. If I use the front usb port, i have gone up to 40ft.

note: the post above is my opinion. as such, when reading any recommendations from me, please do you research and seek out other recommendations and make up your own mind on your next course of action. i mean, most reasonable adults should know that, but it seems this should be stated anyways.
post #10 of 11 Old 01-25-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliaskary77 View Post

lol. I am shallow, I went for the looks first. It is still at like.

I would love it if range was a little more. But having said that, the bluetooth dongle is on the back on the rear panel inside the entertainment cabinet. If it was a small dongle, i could have put it on the front giving me a much better range. I am good at the 12 feet i am at now. Anymore and it gets jumpy. If I use the front usb port, i have gone up to 40ft.

I have the same issue--intermittent connection issues when the dongle was in back, and it's too big and unsightly to go in front. So, I got a USB extension cable that I run up along the side of my HTPC. It's fairly unobtrusive, and still puts the dongle up front without sticking out. Haven't had a hiccup with connectivity since.
post #11 of 11 Old 01-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoltz View Post

I have the same issue--intermittent connection issues when the dongle was in back, and it's too big and unsightly to go in front. So, I got a USB extension cable that I run up along the side of my HTPC. It's fairly unobtrusive, and still puts the dongle up front without sticking out. Haven't had a hiccup with connectivity since.

good idea. thought about it a while back but never got to it.

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page