Not happy hauppauge colossus - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-28-2012, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm using it as a DVR hooked up to my dish network box(vip22k) through component video. When looking at the video and comparing it to HDMI hooked directly to the TV the HDMI video looks a lot better.

The component video looks fuzzy and the color is off somewhat you can really tell when you bring up the guide the blue is not very blue. Do i have something wrong or is this to be expected? I also could not get the IR blaster to work. The ports and power on/off in the config would always be greyed out. I've tried new drivers etc with no luck.

It also used more CPU than i thought it would, i have 8GB of RAM and a E6750 duo and the cpu usage would spike at times and the video would stutter.

I have a more powerful pc with a 2500k cpu but did not try it in that one yet.

Is there a better capture card out there?

I also tired the HDMI in from dish but only got a blue video screen i guess it would need HDCP to work that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-28-2012, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Maybe it's your Dish box. My Colossus, connected to a DirecTV DVR, produces recordings indistinguishable from the original. Which software do you use to make the captures?
post #3 of 6 Old 01-28-2012, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zon2020 View Post

Maybe it's your Dish box. My Colossus, connected to a DirecTV DVR, produces recordings indistinguishable from the original. Which software do you use to make the captures?

The software it came with. I'm going to try a different cable and see if that helps the image quality. Any idea on how to get the IR Blaster to work for my box? I can't find a code that will work.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-28-2012, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1983 View Post

The software it came with. I'm going to try a different cable and see if that helps the image quality. Any idea on how to get the IR Blaster to work for my box? I can't find a code that will work.

It came with two different software packages. I only use Showbiz. And I don't use the blaster so can't help you with that.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-28-2012, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zon2020 View Post

It came with two different software packages. I only use Showbiz. And I don't use the blaster so can't help you with that.

I got it to work the other cable was bad and i even got IR Blaster to work the code is 138 for anyone else looking for it.

WinTV only downloads part of my channels is there any other good software that would have them all and be able schedule recordings?
post #6 of 6 Old 01-28-2012, 07:19 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1983 View Post

I got it to work the other cable was bad and i even got IR Blaster to work the code is 138 for anyone else looking for it.

WinTV only downloads part of my channels is there any other good software that would have them all and be able schedule recordings?

The latest Hauppauge drivers integrate mediacenter functionality so you can use that. I still record from my DVR so not sure how stable or reliable it is.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page